Watch out China - Del Boy is coming!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wish her well in China and hope they like her enough to invite her back, if it gets her off my screen for a while. Many happy returns!

Yay! Three weeks free from "so get yours now" "so buy it now" "don't miss out get yours now"..............buckle up China hard sell is coming your way and its name is Debbie Flint!

Can QUK survive the loss of sales? :thinking:

I doubt Q will lose sales while Debbie is away, they may well notice an increase as more people are likely to watch while she is away. I turn over when she is presenting as I don't like the pressure selling or the constant time wasting on social media plugs. I just want to know about the products on a show so I can make an informed decision. Does anyone know how long she will be away?

I doubt Q will lose sales while Debbie is away, they may well notice an increase as more people are likely to watch while she is away. I turn over when she is presenting as I don't like the pressure selling or the constant time wasting on social media plugs. I just want to know about the products on a show so I can make an informed decision. Does anyone know how long she will be away?

I am just worried that CR (the smarmy one) will get more hours...please let them be night time hours, I seldom watch after 6pm....

I seem to be in the minority, but I like Debs as a presenter, and as a person. Possibly because we have many mutual interests - archaeology, history - and, being in sales myself, I can comprehend her selling style, even though it is not mine. She is also, despite her public persona, quite a serious, intellectual person, as am I. I recognise many of my characteristics in her. I did have problems with being blocked from her BTY QVC FB page but, even though I still cannot access it, she sorted things from her end. Debs ALWAYS replies to tweets/fb/blogs, and emails, which is more than can be said for many of the other presenters. Fortunately, we all admire different traits in people.
I work long hours and my QVC viewing is, consequently, limited. I only watch when I am able to, if I want to see a product being demonstrated. Julia, Debs, Dale, and Jilly, are regarded as the senior presenters, I feel, and won't be going anywhere, any time soon. Feel free to correct me, but Jilly and Dale are not involved in any other ventures. Apart from being a former dancer, what has Jilly done? Dale, I can't recall any other profession being mentioned. Not that this is a negative.

I seem to be in the minority, but I like Debs as a presenter, and as a person. Possibly because we have many mutual interests - archaeology, history - and, being in sales myself, I can comprehend her selling style, even though it is not mine. She is also, despite her public persona, quite a serious, intellectual person, as am I. I recognise many of my characteristics in her. I did have problems with being blocked from her BTY QVC FB page but, even though I still cannot access it, she sorted things from her end. Debs ALWAYS replies to tweets/fb/blogs, and emails, which is more than can be said for many of the other presenters. Fortunately, we all admire different traits in people.
I work long hours and my QVC viewing is, consequently, limited. I only watch when I am able to, if I want to see a product being demonstrated. Julia, Debs, Dale, and Jilly, are regarded as the senior presenters, I feel, and won't be going anywhere, any time soon. Feel free to correct me, but Jilly and Dale are not involved in any other ventures. Apart from being a former dancer, what has Jilly done? Dale, I can't recall any other profession being mentioned. Not that this is a negative.

How can it be sorted if you still can't access it?

Ah ha that will be why I cannot tolerate her sense of presenting and the control over tha Qvc Facebook page. She's a serous and an intellectual person. That explains a lot. Didn't realise that.

Several people at work have been to China on business and from the tales they have told of eating there it doesn't sound like the best place to go if you are an animal lover. I suppose if she stays in one of the more westernised hotels she might be ok.

You do not have to be a member to read the posts on BTY as it's an open group. The Queens however is a closed group so you have to be a member to be allowed access.

I can access it and I wouldn`t dream of joining any of her groups so obviously only people who are blocked can`t read it.
As for her being intellectual ... well she can`t be that blinking clever when she said she didn`t even know staff can`t participate in the BCC raffle or words to that effect.
She doesn`t come over as intellectual at all nor serious, she comes over as shallow and manipulative but I can see how manipulative could be misconstrued as being clever, afterall quite a number of people have fallen for it and joined her groups.
I`ve only read small portions of one of her books and believe me the writing certainly isn`t the mark of a serious intellectual.

Feel free to correct me, but Jilly and Dale are not involved in any other ventures. Apart from being a former dancer, what has Jilly done? Dale, I can't recall any other profession being mentioned. Not that this is a negative.

I think Dale has other business interests - I'm sure I've heard him mention it on air.

Latest posts

Back