Ultrasun TSV 3/4/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My Clinique is £19 for a tube of factor 50 but I have had pretty good success with it. I use their City Block factor 40 for my face and I love that. I too am extremely pale (Scandinavian blonde, hate my colour!) and I agree with another poster that if you find a brand you like, stick with it.

Inge x

ive bought the high on auto delivery as i think the stuff is brilliant...my son is ginger and i am fair like a ginger skin if you like!! my Mum God bless her was a red head and she burned very badly when a teen and when older she developed skin cancer on her shin ...she had to have a lump cut out...it was awful and so now i never scrimp on suntan lotion...i love the Ultrasun ...one of the only products i have ever bought on auto delivery....i despair when i see workman shirtless in the sun ....as nice as they look it is such a hazard....we have pics of workmen at doc surgery of how they developed skin cancer from working topless ...and prob no protection....

I've just been to boots and bought four bottles (800ml) of Soltan once a day lotion (varying SPF for grown ups and kids) and two bottles (400ml) of after sun, all for £41. Twice as much product as the TSV for a out the same price, and in my opinion just as good (I've used both before).

I've just been to boots and bought four bottles (800ml) of Soltan once a day lotion (varying SPF for grown ups and kids) and two bottles (400ml) of after sun, all for £41. Twice as much product as the TSV for a out the same price, and in my opinion just as good (I've used both before).

No postage and with Advantage points no doubt!

I have just ordered the TSV in the Medium kit. I do like Ultrasun and love the way in sinks in fast and nothing sticks to you. I did consider getting Soltan from Boots TBH and just before I placed my order, I went onto Boots and read all the reviews which did not encourage me much. So am sticking with Ultrasun. I have never tried the Glimmer and decided to go for this set rather than the extreme set. I already use the face 30 which is brilliant and all the other bits and pieces plus I have also purchased the new tinted face 30 for holiday and the optimiser. I know the P&P is expensive for all 3 items, but I cannot find the Optimiser anywhere else but QVC and the duo of the tinted face is also good value. Have also gone for auto delivery as can stockpile for 5 years

I ordered medium/high on auto del this morn when there were problems and just looked at my account and it's only the single option! Grrr phoned up customer services and got my delivery refunded! Last ultrasun tsv they got the option wrong and I got sent a free lot! It won't be too long till the next tsv will it? X

I did not like the Boots own the last time I tried, have used Ultrasun for three holidays in very hot countires with no problems, and no sweat rivers . Thought I ordered the med/high before launch on auto delivery , but checked early afternoon and it had not gone through.
I ordered as I have a 100ml of glimmer and it was £22 in Debenhams.

I love the Neutrogena Sheers (varying spf). Only available in the US so I get relatives to bring them over or pick up on hols. I have seen them on Amazon and eBay, though, so may be worth a try there if anyone's interested. They're non-greasy and really help with my oily t-zone. No white cast, either, even in the high range.

I also use Avon's mineral range for Sensitive skin if my skin is playing up. It's not as pleasant to use as the Neutrogena, heavier and will leave a cast if I don't use it properly, but it's very soothing if I'm going through a sensitive patch.

I have just ordered the TSV in the Medium kit. I do like Ultrasun and love the way in sinks in fast and nothing sticks to you. I did consider getting Soltan from Boots TBH and just before I placed my order, I went onto Boots and read all the reviews which did not encourage me much. So am sticking with Ultrasun. I have never tried the Glimmer and decided to go for this set rather than the extreme set. I already use the face 30 which is brilliant and all the other bits and pieces plus I have also purchased the new tinted face 30 for holiday and the optimiser. I know the P&P is expensive for all 3 items, but I cannot find the Optimiser anywhere else but QVC and the duo of the tinted face is also good value. Have also gone for auto delivery as can stockpile for 5 years

i agree about the reviews ..i thought they might have been more favourable so I'm relieved I've bought Ultrasun again ...nothing is an exact science but reviews for Ultrasun and my own experience with it Definately influenced me :sun:

Soltan IS good. I've used it for years. See my links. Ultrasun is overpriced and laden with aluminium.

Does anyone know what the UVA protection rating is on Ultrasun? Both Boots Soltan and Superdrug Solait ranges are all 5-star, which is the best protection available.

Yes. Ultrasun has the letters UVA in a circle which in line with European regulations means that the UVA protections must be 3/5 of that of the UVB. It's a bit like another way of saying its a UVA 3 star rating. An SPF of 30 bearing the UVA in a circle symbol will have a UVA rating of at least 20.

Nothing beats Soltan for quality and reliability. I just went to Vilnius for 3 days and was out walking up hills etc in the sun and didn't burn. I love Soltan!

Yes. Ultrasun has the letters UVA in a circle which in line with European regulations means that the UVA protections must be 3/5 of that of the UVB. It's a bit like another way of saying its a UVA 3 star rating. An SPF of 30 bearing the UVA in a circle symbol will have a UVA rating of at least 20.

Nothing beats Soltan for quality and reliability. I just went to Vilnius for 3 days and was out walking up hills etc in the sun and didn't burn. I love Soltan!

:mysmilie_10::mysmilie_17: oh stop it now I'm doubting it all Julius :mysmilie_1:

I used to sell avon decades ago and the suncare was always uva and uvb. I think with ultrasun it looks less gloopy and a more sophisticated formula. the invisible spray formula for example. but all suncare has to be fit for purpose by law

:mysmilie_10::mysmilie_17: oh stop it now I'm doubting it all Julius :mysmilie_1:

I am right! A few years ago I had to write an article on sunscreen and had to contact the Dept. of Health to find out about the European regulations and systems, hence I learned a lot about it. The UVA rating is always in proportion to the UVB (SPF) rating. Seeing "UVA" in a circle simply means you have a mid-average protection for UVA. Don't forget UVA has a lower intensity and longer wavelength but it there all year round, even grey, rainy winter days. I wouldn't write something like this if I didn't know it to be true. I am a bit obsessive about sunscreen because when I was at university I burnt my face to a crisp when I was out playing frisbee for a few hours one afternoon and the whole experience was horrible. The reason I say Soltan is better is because it contains a patented ingredient called Optisol, which essentially is a bit of magnesium. This makes the cream extremely stable and vastly reduces free radical damage compared to most chemical sunscreens. There are other sunscreens that form a physical barrier and deflect rays like a mirror. They tend to be whitish in appearance. Clinique Super City Block is a good tinted one but believe me you won't like the orangey streaks it produces if you get caught in a rain shower. I must have tried almost every sunscreen going and am very familiar with all their textures / features advantages and disadvantages. It's hard to recommend a perfect one as peoples' skin types and needs will vary. I am very into health and always try to give good guidance if I can impart it to help someone.

I think Marks and Spencer own brand is fantastic, its half price at the moment as well.

As I don't sunbathe but avoid the sun being a vampire(I fry), I bought last year and just used walking around and it was brilliant. On my face I just use Kiehls spf 50 under my moisturiser everyday.

Latest posts

Back