Tarte looks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have very sensitive skin and using Tarte has really improved the condition of it. It feels kind to my skin and my skin honestly looks better when I take off my 'face' of Tarte than it does on my no makeup days. I can only conclude that the makeup is responsible. I am very careful with my skin and use simple products in skincare like rise hip oil and so on and, after an online conversation with Leigh, have been trying maracuja oil every night and it has drastically reduced two cheek sized red patches to one of only the size of a fingerprint.
The fair in the Rainforest of the Sea foundation is fair neutral, by the way.

I have bought some Tarte, the blush gets rave reviews, I have three palettes which I picked myself after reading reviews.

The Sea one I was interested in until I read the reviews of people who actually bought it in the US, very bad colour pay off it seems.

Just this week I bought a brand called Cargo(they are Canadian and been around for years), my local Debenhams had the brand and are discontinuing. I had bought a blush and a single eyeshadow(they all come in tins), quality excellent at half price. Anyway there in TKMaxx Summer In The City palette with full sized eyeliner for £7.50!!!! Oh and selling elsewhere for rrp of £35. Was I chuffed, hell yes!!!:mysmilie_59:

For me they are on a level with Tarte. Oh and I do not fancy Tarte foundations at all, the colours all seem very very yellow and the chance of QVC actually getting the less yellow shades=zero.

it is Makeup Revolution London (a Superdrug brand)
you can order it here : http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/fortune-favours-the-brave-with-britishbeautyblogger.html
not sure if it will come into the stores

it was put together by British Beauty Blogger, more info and swatches here :
http://britishbeautyblogger.com/article/fortune-favours-the-brave-mur-palette/

I have this palette and it is very nice and for the price their makeup too. As far as I am aware though they aren't owned by Superdrug though and sold through their own site before they stocked in SD. Their chocolate palettes are also supposed to be good as are their Iconic palettes if you like their neutrals.

I have this palette and it is very nice and for the price their makeup too. As far as I am aware though they aren't owned by Superdrug though and sold through their own site before they stocked in SD. Their chocolate palettes are also supposed to be good as are their Iconic palettes if you like their neutrals.

who are they owned by then ?

when i was in superdrug and questioning the similarity between the Makeup Revolution London and Freedom brand offerings,
i was told in store that they are both Superdrug brands and have the same designer behind them

I am watching the Tarts shows now. Tiffany looks absolutely caked in the make up, she looks awful. Not the sort of look l want to go for.

I haven't bought Tarte so far as the guest's over made up look puts me off, but many people on here are raving about the brand and I'm going to go for the next TSV in June.

The lipstick's are very nice.

I bought that palette in my local tkmaxx too in the new year. Yes I agree it is very nice. Another great palette they have in tkmaxx is the balm cosmetics bon voyage volume 2 - really great palette too! Think they are selling for £13-15 in tkmaxx. They also sell this brand in Debs and is a lot more!

I quite like Tarte - have bought both previous tsvs. I found the powder foundation ok but not my fav. Their lights, camera, lashes is an ok mascara but I prefer others more! eye shadows don't last unless you use a primer. Blushes verity nice. Will probably be buying the next tsv as I think it has the amazonian clay foundation in and want to try that.

The tarte guest is a lovely looking lady but I am not keen on her over made up face, it wouldn't have me running to buy the make up, maybe it's just me but I always think less is more, imo LG never seem over made up.

They don't seem to realise how many sales they're losing because of the unfulfilled promise to bring us some foundation shades between Fair and Light, and also because they're bringing Light Sand instead of a Light Neutral. The reviews for all the foundations are full of people complaining about how yellow the Light shade is and that Fair is too light and Light is too dark. None of the American brands seem able to deal with British fair skins, they're all far too yellow.

I thought they had to apply heavier make-up for TV/camera purposes. I'm quite a fan of Tarte make-up. I always get more compliments when wearing this make-up, then any others.
I couldn't agree more about Tiffany. She always looks caked in make-up, no matter which brand. She really is quite off-putting & whats going on with her eyes. They look so fake!!

The heavier the makeup then Tiffany is there 'modelling' & none of them do anything for her.If she looks like this on TV what is she like in the cold light of day.When you get over a certain age less is more.

Latest posts

Back