Tarte looks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
the Tarte cosmetic range seems to be popular but looking at some of the models I would run a mile.Being a 'girl' of a certain age (older than even the more mature models) their skins look so dry and caked & certainly accentuates the wrinkles.No thankyou don't want any of that!

I was thinking something similar. They all looked very sallow & yellow.
I like the palettes of blushers & shadows but not tempted at all by the foundation after seeing the models.

I haven't bought Tarte so far as the guest's over made up look puts me off, but many people on here are raving about the brand and I'm going to go for the next TSV in June.

tis absolutely gorgeous and i am well chuffed
it arrived today and i had a good play with it
great pigmentation and fab colours
wearing a really unusual green today
that looks like it is foiled
wears well too
good mix of mattes, slighty sheeny and shimmery
but not too glittery for me (i.e. mutton dressed as lamb)

Most of Tarte`s products would be a big no no for me. If you look on their own website it lists ingredients of each product and so many of them have talc in them and also Kaolin too. My skin hates talc and kaolin is very drying , as is Mica which is also in most of their products. Even their so called water foundation has talc in it. As a mature woman in her 60`s my skin need to look smoother not drier and makeup containing talc gives me flaky dry patches so I avoid it like the plague.

Beautiful pallette. What brand is this lilith? Couldn't see the things at the bottom of the photo though, are they part of the offer?

Beautiful pallette. What brand is this lilith? Couldn't see the things at the bottom of the photo though, are they part of the offer?

it is Makeup Revolution London (a Superdrug brand)
you can order it here : http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/fortune-favours-the-brave-with-britishbeautyblogger.html
not sure if it will come into the stores

it was put together by British Beauty Blogger, more info and swatches here :
http://britishbeautyblogger.com/article/fortune-favours-the-brave-mur-palette/

Most of Tarte`s products would be a big no no for me. If you look on their own website it lists ingredients of each product and so many of them have talc in them and also Kaolin too. My skin hates talc and kaolin is very drying , as is Mica which is also in most of their products. Even their so called water foundation has talc in it. As a mature woman in her 60`s my skin need to look smoother not drier and makeup containing talc gives me flaky dry patches so I avoid it like the plague.

the Josie Maran Cheek Gelee Blush made from Coconut water is nice
(i love it in summer on bare skin)

it says 16g which is the weight of the product i.e. the shadows
they are smallish, as there are 30 different ones
but without the weight of the palette, mirror, brush etc

I thought that one shadow was at least 1 g

I like Tarte amazonian clay foundation but have asked if they can bring more neutral based colour choices Qcv always seem to go for the yellow based options There are neutral based and more pink options on the tarte website I don't put the foundation on as heavily as on the qvc models though I like a full coverage to cover the redness in my cheeks etc Like Doll10 too I think Tiffany looked very "yellow" this evening

I have bought the new water foundation and it is very nice. Very lightweight and looks very natural on if you use it sparingly. I have also found that this keeps my oily skin matte longer than any other foundation I have tried. Time will tell whether this is still true come the summer months. Agree that the shades are very yellow based though. I bought the light which is light sand and it is very yellow much more so than the same colour in the clay foundation. I have also bought the fair which is more of a neutral shade to mix in with it though as I like it so much.

Latest posts

Back