Resisted Lately ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wrongsideof40

Registered Shopper
What have you resisted lately ?

OK You Lot Keep it Clean !

I managed to resist the Bare Escentuals TSV. I did want it but the warmth would have been too dark for me. I also thought the lipgloss looked too pale. I didn't watch the presentations throughout the day, that helped. By watching I could easily have talked myself in to it. Usually EASY PAY is the magic word for me.
Today I resisted the OPI 3 piece Katy Perry collection. Resisted maybe isn't the right word. My OH happened to ring me as it came on so technically he helped me resist it. Gawd knows what would have happened left to my own devices. It looked FAB though. Both sets sold out really quickly.
:mysmilie_59:

I am getting a little cheeky with the nail narnishes. Get the name and have a look at a famous auction side. You can get them at a fraction of the price, at least I have been lucky so far.:blush: and it avoids expensive mistakes if you do not like a colour:doh:

Last edited:
have managed to resist quite a lot this year, mainly by not watching QVC! I do check the clearance section tho and did splurge on a Skagen watch..not arrived yet so hope I like it..it'll be my third from their range, I love them. The only other thing I've bought this year has been Australian Bodycare, and that only as they'd sent me a 10% off voucher which I had to use by a certain date and ABC is something I use all the time. On the "cons" side (for me, can't speak for the readers!) it means I've not much to contribute to the forum tho I do pop in and have a read occasionally to see what you're all up to...I feel quite chuffed tho that I've weaned myself off the constant spending...I buy High St skincare, make up & hair products these days :mysmilie_505::mysmilie_505: (that's AY if she's reading!) and my skin & hair are no worse for it...blasphemy! My big failing is silver DMQ...but I didn't even watch yesterday afternoon's session...woo hoo..think I'm cured!

Last edited:
I resisted today's tsv........ then caved :blush: but lets face it ~ who in their right minds can resist a new pillow? :nod:

I resisted today's tsv........ then caved :blush: but lets face it ~ who in their right minds can resist a new pillow? :nod:

oh PP you bugger! The mention of pillows sent me to have a look at the QVC website as I'm always on a crusade looking for the perfect pillow - I have spondy-summat-or-other (bad neck in other words) and I use a neck roll pillow but even that's not perfect. However, checked the measurements, 30" x 20" it says, and went to measure my own pillows, as I know from reading reviews previously that there are issues with sizing - my pillows measure about 27" x 17" ...so would the TSV ones fit into a standard pillowcase???

I've resisted all make-up/skin care items for a few months now. I've done this by putting all my stockpiles in one place, rather than spread out all over the house, one look at that huge pile shames me into not buying.

OOOH BusyMum! That never occurred to me! Am I now going to have to splash out on new pillowcases? :doh:
Oh well can't be helped! They look sooo comfy and I hope if you do decide to buy they turn out to be your perfect pillow! (I too am always on the perfect pillow hunt)

OOOH BusyMum! That never occurred to me! Am I now going to have to splash out on new pillowcases? :doh:
Oh well can't be helped! They look sooo comfy and I hope if you do decide to buy they turn out to be your perfect pillow! (I too am always on the perfect pillow hunt)

Dunelm do a pillowcase which fits a larger pillow - I think it is called a box pillow case as it has a 'gusset' around the edge. It is in their hotel range and comes in white or cream. Just in case you are interested. If you ask the staff are very helpful. I actually got them to try my pillow into the case before I bought them!

I had to get some when we purchased new memory foam pillows and they were too big for normal cases.

Yes! This morning I resisted the BE 'well rested', after reading the great posts on a thread started today. Felt very pleased with myself. What did I do an hour later? I went on the website and ordered a Gossip Watch! OK, it was not expensive and as I broke my everyday watch recently, I need one which would not break the bank as I work with children and quite often get a wallop or a pot of yogurt thrown over me! Thats my excuse and i am sticking to it.:blush:

Busy Mum-I too have the same neck problem as you,my perfect pillow is the Dunlopillo Supercomfort latex foam pillow,it is the best pillow I have ever found.They never go flat,but as we know you do need to replace pillows from time to time,when I do I always get this same one.Hope that helps.

I resisted the TSV for BE & then caved in to get the high shine eyecolour:headbang:

oh PP you bugger! The mention of pillows sent me to have a look at the QVC website as I'm always on a crusade looking for the perfect pillow - I have spondy-summat-or-other (bad neck in other words) and I use a neck roll pillow but even that's not perfect. However, checked the measurements, 30" x 20" it says, and went to measure my own pillows, as I know from reading reviews previously that there are issues with sizing - my pillows measure about 27" x 17" ...so would the TSV ones fit into a standard pillowcase???

Just a thought, but I had whiplash and was really suffering sleeping and my mum bought me a buckwheat pillow. I would not be without it now as it is so supportive exactly where you want it. Just thought I mention it.

Busy Mum-I too have the same neck problem as you,my perfect pillow is the Dunlopillo Supercomfort latex foam pillow,it is the best pillow I have ever found.They never go flat,but as we know you do need to replace pillows from time to time,when I do I always get this same one.Hope that helps.

thank you China Girl...indeed I do have a latex pillow but more often that is to be found under my hip (now now..!!) HIP singular, as my left one is very bad at the mo...they are lovely and bouncy aren't they, but tbh not good for my head I find - doc said my problem was made worse by the fact that I have a long neck (ok just call me BusyGiraffe..) hence the neck roll, but even so I very often still wake up with a headache, stiff neck or knotty shoulder blades. In fact I do not know how I get thru a day...!!!

Just a thought, but I had whiplash and was really suffering sleeping and my mum bought me a buckwheat pillow. I would not be without it now as it is so supportive exactly where you want it. Just thought I mention it.

thank you too icedupsnowqueen...I've tried the buckwheat pillows too..well y'know, I am in my 60s so guess I've tried everything by now..! well..in the pillow range that is! I found these too hard for me, like using a brick for a pillow, but I thank you for the thought, and if ever I do find the perfect one I shall be sure to let you all know!

I've resisted the BE TSV, the L'occitane TSV and also both of the recent Elemis TSV's :rock:

As you can probably guess I'm a beauty/skincare junkie so so far so good :)

I've resisted the BE TSV, the L'occitane TSV and also both of the recent Elemis TSV's :rock:

As you can probably guess I'm a beauty/skincare junkie so so far so good :)

Well done nailprincess !! :glass: I wish I had your willpower. Earlier I posted how I had resisted the opi katy Perry collection . It didn't last long I've just gone on waitlist for 224687 the Katie Perry minis collection. A better idea I thing as I liked both kits this morning , you get all the colours in the minis. Also just ordered 224687 that SUPERCOOLWILLOW posted details on.( silver ring ) My resisting didn't last long did it. :headbang: :mysmilie_514:

Well done nailprincess !! :glass: I wish I had your willpower. Earlier I posted how I had resisted the opi katy Perry collection . It didn't last long I've just gone on waitlist for 224687 the Katie Perry minis collection. A better idea I thing as I liked both kits this morning , you get all the colours in the minis. Also just ordered 224687 that SUPERCOOLWILLOW posted details on.( silver ring ) My resisting didn't last long did it. :headbang: :mysmilie_514:

I feel better now - I am not the only one.:happy:

thank you too icedupsnowqueen...I've tried the buckwheat pillows too..well y'know, I am in my 60s so guess I've tried everything by now..! well..in the pillow range that is! I found these too hard for me, like using a brick for a pillow, but I thank you for the thought, and if ever I do find the perfect one I shall be sure to let you all know!

BM; have you tried the Tempur range. When I was diagnosed with spondylosis the Dr recommended them and it's been a revelation! Also, they have a range of different sizes and heights so you can choose the exact fit for your anatomy. Although not cheap, I think the outlay is worth it if it works!

Sorry to digress OP....

I resisted the Elemis TSV then succumbed to their fake tan the next day as web items were still on 3EP. Doh!

I resisted both the Elemis and BE TSVs. I have two PCMCs in stock and although I'd never pass up a BE foundation lightly, I need a blusher more than I need another foundation so that was my logic. And I need another mascara and lipgloss like a hole in the head!

I was worried I might cave in on the Silver Day TSV but if it is the heart pendant I'm safe. I'm somewhat worried that I might not have the willpower to resist the Lola Rose TSV though.

I've managed to resist everything since my last order in January. I'd never have managed it without this forum or without receiving a paper copy of my total expenditure with QVC, since I placed my first order in January 2007) :eek: That 'cured' me!!!

Latest posts

Back