Resisted Lately ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have failed miserably. I blame L'Occitane and BE. I will try harder, I will try harder............. :sad:

I failed but not miserably as I feel I am being strong still. I have only ordered three things since Christmas - just ordered BE after a long break. I failed to order the Alpha H kit on easy pay and I wanted to order the Judith Williams try me but didn't. And now I am interested in the try me from the new skin care line today. What kept me strong was the thread on skin care not working, although I disagree as even if it is temporary, I prefer that to haggardness!!! So I am resisting.

Not doing too bad, though not brilliantly.
Resisted the L'Occitane & Elemis TSVs, can resist today's. But I succumbed to the BE & a couple of things off clearance.

I heroically resisted the LOccitane TSV, but unfortunately succumbed to a ring in the launch this morning. What can I say? It was 1.20am and my 'darling' daughter was not for sleeping, so I had the telly on, and I felt sorry for myself because the rest of the world was asleep, and I hadn't ordered anything pretty for ages, and I'm fat & pregnant, and..... LOL, you get the picture!

I heroically resisted the LOccitane TSV, but unfortunately succumbed to a ring in the launch this morning. What can I say? It was 1.20am and my 'darling' daughter was not for sleeping, so I had the telly on, and I felt sorry for myself because the rest of the world was asleep, and I hadn't ordered anything pretty for ages, and I'm fat & pregnant, and..... LOL, you get the picture!

definitely get the picture Countess and imo you deserve something pretty - hope you like the ring!

I'm resisting still..I am definitely a silver person and it's Silver Day and I haven't even got the telly on - in fact I'm going out...tho I just MIGHT risk a peek at the turquoise hour...!!

I think you were remarkably restrained! After 20 odd years, I have not forgotten sitting up 5 nights out of 7 with 2 sleep phobic toddlers. If I had QVC in those days instead of Thomas the Tank Engine, I would have been ruined! We all need treats, especially exhausted Mummies/Mummies to be. Hope you like your ring.

I resisted the Elemis TSV which I am still arguing about with myself every day -"you have plenty of face care already, good stuff too, you didn't need it" but got a easiyo kit which I have just activated now and will be ready later. Used some of my £20 credit from before christmas (given to me by QVC for the mess they have made to recent orders, mentioned on another thread), it's been burning a hole in my account as it were. Only got the easiyo cause of this forum LOL, this place influences what I buy more than QVC.

I have been good and resisted most things this side of Christmas. I think it was the realisation when I cleaned out my bedroom/bathroom cupboards and realised I have enough skin care AND make-up AND nail polish to give every single woman in the entire county a facial, full face of slap and and a manicure - twice over!!

I've resisted all sorts in recent weeks; the last Elemis, Poxytane, Leighton Denny and Judith Williams TSVs, a couple of other skincare Try Me's, not to mention my ongoing desire for a KitchenAid. However tonight whilst grazing in clearance I've found an item of clothing I like :mysmilie_505:. It's from Mac and Jac (who?), still a daft price in clearance relative to the bargains I got today in the M&S sale, and the reviews of the range are all hovvering around one star, so I'm using that to talk myself out of it :sweat:.

It's as if all my suppressed spending has spilled out in some bizarre and unprecedented desire for random and wholly unworthy QVC 'fashion' (ahem.) What next, an overwhelming urge to purchase a Grim n Co little trouser, teamed with a Michele Hopeless crisp white shirt? Heeeeyyyylllppp...:mysmilie_854:

Dunelm do a pillowcase which fits a larger pillow - I think it is called a box pillow case as it has a 'gusset' around the edge. It is in their hotel range and comes in white or cream. Just in case you are interested. If you ask the staff are very helpful. I actually got them to try my pillow into the case before I bought them!

I had to get some when we purchased new memory foam pillows and they were too big for normal cases.

I absolutely love my new pillows and have slept the whole night through for the first time in ages. I got the pillowcase from Dunelm and whilst not a perfect fit (slightly on the long side) they do the job and are a nice quality.
I really, really rate these pillows !!! :mysmilie_500: :mysmilie_852:

What have you resisted lately ?

OK You Lot Keep it Clean !

I managed to resist the Bare Escentuals TSV. I did want it but the warmth would have been too dark for me. I also thought the lipgloss looked too pale. I didn't watch the presentations throughout the day, that helped. By watching I could easily have talked myself in to it. Usually EASY PAY is the magic word for me.
Today I resisted the OPI 3 piece Katy Perry collection. Resisted maybe isn't the right word. My OH happened to ring me as it came on so technically he helped me resist it. Gawd knows what would have happened left to my own devices. It looked FAB though. Both sets sold out really quickly.
:mysmilie_59:

john lewis have got an OPI katy perry mini kit instock for 12 quid it has 2 glitters 1 red and 1 two tone greeny/purple i bought it for my daughter i thinks its fab value and it looks really nice on especially the red with the pink glitter on top xx

john lewis have got an OPI katy perry mini kit instock for 12 quid it has 2 glitters 1 red and 1 two tone greeny/purple i bought it for my daughter i thinks its fab value and it looks really nice on especially the red with the pink glitter on top xx

just looked on qvc website the mini kit in John Lewis is the same as the one on waitlist but without the black crackle top coat xx

I saw the minis on that same night but unfortunately they had sold out. I have ordered them on waitlist. £21.00 + £3.45 p & p. (item no 224687 ) You got a really good price.
:up: Just read the latest review , " if your any age up to 25 then fine but unfortunately it looks a bit tacky on anyone older" :giggle: Oh well thats me looking TACKY again. :tongue:

I absolutely love my new pillows and have slept the whole night through for the first time in ages. I got the pillowcase from Dunelm and whilst not a perfect fit (slightly on the long side) they do the job and are a nice quality.
I really, really rate these pillows !!! :mysmilie_500: :mysmilie_852:

Glad you are happy with those pillows PP! I went to Dunelm and bought a couple of pillows there (and I think I too need a larger pillowcase now!) - and like you I've been enjoying a good night's sleep for the first time in ages - haven't even needed my neck roll!

I saw the minis on that same night but unfortunately they had sold out. I have ordered them on waitlist. £21.00 + £3.45 p & p. (item no 224687 ) You got a really good price.
:up: Just read the latest review , " if your any age up to 25 then fine but unfortunately it looks a bit tacky on anyone older" :giggle: Oh well thats me looking TACKY again. :tongue:

I managed to pick up the KP mini kit and black shatter from JL a couple of weeks ago. The black shatter was the last one on the shelf. Normally I don't like paying full price for OPI and have a friend who can pick them up wholesale for me but I knew these were selling out all the time so splurged. The black shatter looks fab on my daughter (aged 12) but I personally think the KP colours are wishy washy.

Meant to add that the last purchase I made from QVC was a kit of two OPI lacquers on Last Clicks. I had owned both colours previously and wanted replacement bottles. Knew they would be reduced as I only ever saw them on air once. Was happy with the Last Clicks price as I got each bottle for about £7.00. BTW Brand Alley are selling OPI kits at the mo.

So far this year I have resisted the BE, L'Occitane and Elemis TSVs. That's pretty good for me as I would normally have bought all of them. I've 'centralised' my stockpile too - one box for face, one for body and another for BE. I've probably got about two years worth of moisturiser. I have a look at the boxes each time I'm tempted and realise I've probably got most of it anyway. I'm trying to follow a 'use and replace' regime at the moment. However, I will no doubt be tempted by the Decleor TSV, especially if it has Aromessence in it.

Latest posts

Back