Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Plus points? Minus points?

Shorter bit first…One or two good presenters I’ve not seen before. The ex-lead singer from All About Eve… The bouncy, cockney girl in the mornings, Never Seen in Same Room as Anton Du Beke…Mike Mason - whatever way you look at it, he is an excellent shopping television presenter at heart, but with a 1985 repartee..the young, honest approach girl who first appeared alongside him..A freephone number for ordering is also an improvement. Just need something worth ordering next..

Negatives? Where to start….An extraordinarily uninspiring range of goods. Cheap dash cams, walking sticks, shopping trollies, unbranded tat in general, the usual huge RRPs watches sold for a fraction - so tired of this tediously obvious strategy..Few, if any, brands with some kudos about them - stuff you’d want to buy. Mid to lower range items sold at very poor price points. Obvious to anybody who isn’t stuck at home without the Internet who thinks it’s 1997 again. Demonstrating cookers with nothing to cook in them, clothes with no wearer at times, Foghorn Jacks, Peter Simon and his seaside postcard and totally inappropriate humour routine, that South African woman they could use as voice torture for confessions gaining, wobbling promos, no sound incidents…I give up..

All you hope for is this is all down to having to launch at speed with none of the right preparation in place. And given time and a proper space to work in, it will improve. Big Brands to suddenly appear? I doubt it now. Now they’ve changed the business slogan. A cheap and cheerful outlet store for the main jewellery business looks like where they are comfortable pitching it as things stand.
It's not cheap though is it?, the prices are cheaper at TJC!!!

What have we got now. Torchy and O’Simons either side of a bed with the curtains from Granny’s toilet on top of it, fondling pillows…

Torchy: This gives your head such a great time
O’Simons: Oooh if only I had a great time when I’m having it
Torchy: I’m standing this pillow up to show how rigid it is erected
O’Simons: Not something I experience when I try and stand mine up (close up on lingering, eyes popping out of head, lipsmacking gurn to camera).
Torchy: I’m going to put my large ball on the pillow to show the strength of it.
O’Peters: No BRAGGING on my watch!!
O’Siters: You MUST insure this….

What have we got now. Torchy and O’Simons either side of a bed with the curtains from Granny’s toilet on top of it, fondling pillows…

Torchy: This gives your head such a great time
O’Simons: Oooh if only I had a great time when I’m having it
Torchy: I’m standing this pillow up to show how rigid it is erected
O’Simons: Not something I experience when I try and stand mine up (close up on lingering, eyes popping out of head gurn to camera).
Torchy: I’m going to put my large ball on the pillow to show the strength of it.
O’Peters: No BRAGGING on my watch!!
O’Siters: You MUST insure this….
Dirty Peter: "I tell it as it is, me!" *rubs balloon*

O’Van Ghiasticknoboff….Now…my Cecil (it’s a long story of going up the back passage, late at night in darkened Blackpool theatrical lodgings for elderly thespians) and I worked with many a ballon in our drag act in the 1970s…right…Many a balloon we popped to the euphoria of the working men’s clubs of the times…Sadly, I’ve no need for an inflated balloon any longer. Just me and my Labrador now…Stares woefully at the camera…

Nice recent reviews - 2020…

Speaking of years, gone by: here’s some bedding my mum would have wanted to update in the mid-‘70s.. Looks like a Richard Shops flowered skirt from 1973..Just waiting for Shyter Peemons to parade about in it. Now. WE…WE...(who’s ’WE’? 1970s bedspread connoisseurs by shaky scenery?). This is PROBABLY…that’s probably the best bedding in the world. Me and Simone were looking today and other bedding of similar ilk, right…costs thousands…Isn’t that right, Simone?? Simone!! Erm..(begins to stutter) er..Yes…Now…onto Hot Flushes….

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she really has some potential, and I don’t think working with him is a great thing for her to be put through. She doesn’t need him pushing her like he does. Put her with somebody who can ease her into it more. She did well with Mason when I first saw her with him. She doesn’t need to be roped into his ridiculous patter and exaggerated claims.

Latest posts

Back