Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Never understood the premium price of Bamix hand blenders. Apparently they are used in professional kitchens, have quality brushless electric motors and are guaranteed for a long time, but I still could never see the value of a hand-held home mixer/blender whisk at £120+. Just doesn't compute. When something very similar that does the job at home (and tbh, a stick blender for mixing soups and making mayonnaise and emulsions is fairly limited use, compared to a normal blender) can be bought from Argos/online for £10+, it never appealed to me.

Maybe because it's Swiss-made they think you'll pay the premium just like a Swiss Made watch?

There is Quality. At all levels. And there is Value. When they intersect, that's when to consider a purchase, if an item is required.

P.S. .... Stuff. Tat. Goods. Online. Manufacturing. Imports. China. Bulging supermarket/shop aisles. Packaging. Plastic. Cargo. Shipping. Lorries. Containers.

Does anyone lie awake at night in the small hours, thinking about the unthinkably vast quantities of products, useful or otherwise, being made from resources, natural or man-made, being stored and sold in all the multitude of shops, warehouses, online sources around the world. It's overwhelming to me. Also wonder if it's unsustainable in terms of plastics, resources, logistics as we move forward.

Or if this is no different to antiques as evidence of the same unimaginable vast quantities of items made through the ages for use by humankind globally.
Do you ever, like me, try and fail to comprehend the vastness of human consumption and our solutions to it over time.
Do you know what you need?!?

WHIIIIIIIIIIIZZY WHISK

:)

I have a bit of an exclusive. Their tech offerings ARE going to get better. Next month they'll be selling these ...

img20170220004918.jpg

Latest posts

Back