Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Was that the Babyliss that was a TSV???
If it was mine went back. No quicker for me on drying my hair and, I looked like an extra from Dallas and still had to get my GHD straighteners out to smooth it.
It was as quick for me using my hairdryer and straighteners. My hair is chin length and very thick so it's washed and left an hour or so to start to dry before I finish drying it.
No, it was Revlon and I saw the a feature on in it in the Times beauty section. It sounded like it was just what I needed so I went on to Very and found it was on a sale price of £29.99 so I snapped it up. I've got thick hair and the last thing it needs is volume but as long as don't dry from underneath and lift the roots it will dry and straighten, you can add curls and waves if you want, but I don't. I'm really happy with it!

No, it was Revlon and I saw the a feature on in it in the Times beauty section. It sounded like it was just what I needed so I went on to Very and found it was on a sale price of £29.99 so I snapped it up. I've got thick hair and the last thing it needs is volume but as long as don't dry from underneath and lift the roots it will dry and straighten, you can add curls and waves if you want, but I don't. I'm really happy with it!
The brushes on the Babyliss were much to large imo even the smaller of the two.

The brushes on the Babyliss were much to large imo even the smaller of the two.
My one only had one brush and it's a medium size and a oblong shape with rounded off edges - it works for me. Here's a screen shot it's the first item

Attachments

• 2023-09-19.png
    2023-09-19.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 58
A few of them are tricking back to the fold - one lady is extolling the virtues of the M.Dabbs Xmas crackers and Hyacinth doesn’t disappoint - she’s bought some Christmas stocking hangers for the mantelpiece, one’s broken but what the F@£k - it’s only money, they’re keepers!

A few of them are tricking back to the fold - one lady is extolling the virtues of the M.Dabbs Xmas crackers and Hyacinth doesn’t disappoint - she’s bought some Christmas stocking hangers for the mantelpiece, one’s broken but what the F@£k - it’s only money, they’re keepers!
Why keep a broken hanger? I wish I could 'experience` these people, but the app isn't available here.

Why keep a broken hanger? I wish I could 'experience` these people, but the app isn't available here.
It’s definitely “something to behold “ and not in a good way. When I first came across it I was shocked by the amount of items individuals were buying when it costs at least £3.95 in postage, the things that were returned and reordered because they were flawed or didn’t fit or sit right or simply returned without the realisation that within a 14 day period you can also get your postage refunded. On one occasion it cost someone £8 for a squirt of perfume they didn’t like! Then there was the used, soiled & broken goods understandably returned in anger - but did it stop them shopping with Q? No, well not for a long long while! A couple of the most prolific spenders have appeared to have seen the light , some are still on board but post a lot less frequently, other than that there’s one and I don’t know why her purchases still shock and astound me. She says she doesn’t have the energy to return this latest item so she’s gonna try and repair it herself with superglue, now as the broken bit is an uneven piece of metal that has been welded on (badly) I really don’t fancy her chances, she has balanced the broken bit on top for now and it looks fine but knowing it’s broken would annoy me. Mind you, it says it all about Q ‘s return policy- it’s an almighty hassle, and it really shouldn’t be.
LATI used to call it the “tatty appy” - where is she btw ?

It’s definitely “something to behold “ and not in a good way. When I first came across it I was shocked by the amount of items individuals were buying when it costs at least £3.95 in postage, the things that were returned and reordered because they were flawed or didn’t fit or sit right or simply returned without the realisation that within a 14 day period you can also get your postage refunded. On one occasion it cost someone £8 for a squirt of perfume they didn’t like! Then there was the used, soiled & broken goods understandably returned in anger - but did it stop them shopping with Q? No, well not for a long long while! A couple of the most prolific spenders have appeared to have seen the light , some are still on board but post a lot less frequently, other than that there’s one and I don’t know why her purchases still shock and astound me. She says she doesn’t have the energy to return this latest item so she’s gonna try and repair it herself with superglue, now as the broken bit is an uneven piece of metal that has been welded on (badly) I really don’t fancy her chances, she has balanced the broken bit on top for now and it looks fine but knowing it’s broken would annoy me. Mind you, it says it all about Q ‘s return policy- it’s an almighty hassle, and it really shouldn’t be.
LATI used to call it the “tatty appy” - where is she btw ?
I don't know why LATI hasn't posted recently. Your comments make interesting reading. Around what age is the big spender who doesn't return broken products?

I wonder if anyone else thinks Victoria Fitz-Gerald has the most sinister and insincere smile I have ever seen. I don't like her voice or the way she grins. If I see her on the tv then I switch to another channel. Apparently the other presenters don't like her becuase she is a know it all

Surely Dale is the most insincere, however, his smile is more of a toothpaste ad than sinister. Not keen on Victoria at all although I've only seen her a few times. The one I really don't like who is quite new is Emma Real Davies. Her you tube thingy says she's an amateur gardener but QVC put her out as an expert. Says it all really. I'm a better gardener than she is and I got all my experience from my gran and richard jackson :rolleyes:

CC

CC

Surely Dale is the most insincere, however, his smile is more of a toothpaste ad than sinister. Not keen on Victoria at all although I've only seen her a few times. The one I really don't like who is quite new is Emma Real Davies. Her you tube thingy says she's an amateur gardener but QVC put her out as an expert. Says it all really. I'm a better gardener than she is and I got all my experience from my gran and richard jackson :rolleyes:

CC

CC
I find Dale a bit like Alan Partridge.

I wonder if anyone else thinks Victoria Fitz-Gerald has the most sinister and insincere smile I have ever seen. I don't like her voice or the way she grins. If I see her on the tv then I switch to another channel. Apparently the other presenters don't like her becuase she is a know it all
She seems to have extra teeth.

email today re Quiro:

1500x825.png

We hope this email finds you well. We’re reaching out to you today with some important news regarding the future of Qurio. After careful consideration, we have made the decision to retire Qurio in order for us to provide you with an even better experience in the QVC app in the future.

Firstly, we want to express our gratitude for your support and input throughout your Qurio journey with us. Qurio was a destination for QVC shoppers to come together to share tips, stories and inspiration about products you love. Your reviews, comments, and contributions have played a crucial role in shaping the app and making it what it is today, and we appreciate the time and dedication you’ve invested in it.

Though we will be saying goodbye to Qurio, we're looking forward to evolving our enhanced and integrated QVC app experience which we will share more about in the upcoming weeks.

As part of this new app experience, the QVC team are working on some exciting customer ambassador opportunities. If you have a passion or interest in any of the following, we would love to hear from you:

• Gardening, plants and horticulture.
  • If you are navigating midlife and have an interest in menopause and wellbeing, careers and reinvention, sleep and relaxation, sex and relationships, family and friendship, style and confidence.

Please contact: [email protected] to register your interest and find out more about opportunities to be involved.

The Qurio closure date is scheduled for Wednesday 18th October. Once again, we want to extend our appreciation for your contribution. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at: [email protected].

Thank you for being a part of our Qurio app community. We value your continued support and hope to see you in the next phase of our journey.

Best regards,
Koreen Fader
Market Leader QVC UK
1400x1000.jpg
Please note that QVC may still re-publish or re-post your content and comments on other QVC’s platforms (for example, its website or its flagship App). For more information, please read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement within Qurio or reach out to [email protected]. If you don’t want us to further process your personal information as described above, you can opt-out by contacting our support email address: [email protected].
254x85.png

OMG! About ****** time too, a certain lady will be distraught!!! What's she gonna do? I actually do feel a bit sorry for Hyacinth but to be honest it's a good thing. Hopefully not being able to show off all those purchases it will take the edge of the compulsion to buy stuff she doesn't need. I'm surprised it took them so long to get rid of it!

email today re Quiro:

1500x825.png

We hope this email finds you well. We’re reaching out to you today with some important news regarding the future of Qurio. After careful consideration, we have made the decision to retire Qurio in order for us to provide you with an even better experience in the QVC app in the future.

Firstly, we want to express our gratitude for your support and input throughout your Qurio journey with us. Qurio was a destination for QVC shoppers to come together to share tips, stories and inspiration about products you love. Your reviews, comments, and contributions have played a crucial role in shaping the app and making it what it is today, and we appreciate the time and dedication you’ve invested in it.

Though we will be saying goodbye to Qurio, we're looking forward to evolving our enhanced and integrated QVC app experience which we will share more about in the upcoming weeks.

As part of this new app experience, the QVC team are working on some exciting customer ambassador opportunities. If you have a passion or interest in any of the following, we would love to hear from you:

• If you are navigating midlife and have an interest in menopause and wellbeing, careers and reinvention, sleep and relaxation, sex and relationships, family and friendship, style and confidence.

Please contact: [email protected] to register your interest and find out more about opportunities to be involved.

The Qurio closure date is scheduled for Wednesday 18th October. Once again, we want to extend our appreciation for your contribution. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at: [email protected].

Thank you for being a part of our Qurio app community. We value your continued support and hope to see you in the next phase of our journey.

Best regards,
Koreen Fader
Market Leader QVC UK
1400x1000.jpg
Please note that QVC may still re-publish or re-post your content and comments on other QVC’s platforms (for example, its website or its flagship App). For more information, please read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement within Qurio or reach out to [email protected]. If you don’t want us to further process your personal information as described above, you can opt-out by contacting our support email address: [email protected].
254x85.png
Yes just seen my email although can't remember joining.😂🤭

…. we have made the decision to retire Qurio in order for us to provide you with an even better experience in the QVC app in the future.
By which we mean it has not brought us the sales we hoped for and we want to be able to control the output to make it more favourable.

… we're looking forward to evolving our enhanced and integrated QVC app
Hang on, this is QVC! Which of their 12-year-old tech geniuses is going to achieve this??

As part of this new app experience, the QVC team are working on some exciting customer ambassador opportunities.
I can see the hands of the regular Qurio contributors reaching into the air now! “Customer Ambassador” - think of the prestige! And possible perks (ie presenter-level freebies)!

But wait ……

If you have a passion or interest in any of the following, we would love to hear from you:
Do they particularly want to be the new Richard Jackson or out-shout Common Gill? Not sure there will be many takers for Menopause Ambassador either - even if some do overshare on Qurio and might quite like telling us about how they ‘do sex‘ in later life (I won’t be tuning in!!!). A Menopausal Plants Ambassador might be interesting, though. Actually, I wouldn’t mind being the Sleep Ambassador - presumably you don’t have to do much?

Forgive my cynicism.

Can I see some of the Qurio ‘presenters’ eyeing themselves up for the customer ambassador role.I can think of one in particular,( sorry not Hyacinth) who always struck me as having ambitions along these lines.The areas given to comment on are a bit away from talking about their latest skincare, nail, hair product purchases though.Oh how I will miss Hyacinth ‘Hello Qurios, the postman has just been——‘ end of an era.

Latest posts

Back