Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was tempted to mention her camera skills in a reply on Qurio. Surely she could lean the phone on something because that would save feeling seasick when watching her reviews?

At least we saw some of the jacket, albeit as it went in and out of focus. The reviews that I think are a waste of airspace are those where they haven’t opened or used the product. How can that be called a review? 🤔

To be fair I think she only spent a mere £65 as it was a tsv last week! She said that she took their advice and sized up but it was gaping around the armholes and generally looked too baggy. I just don't get it, really I don't. The lady's got money to spend, presumably she's retired so time on her hands - surely she'd be better off buying her fashion from somewhere you can physically try garments on, she could probably afford a personal stylist with the amount of money she throws at Q! "Trailer woman" definitely needs some fashion advice, but she dresses like a character you might see in the Catherine Tate show. Yes, I know each to their own...but I'm astonished!
Last night I watched a programme about "Secret spenders" - I don't know what was secret about it as the participants were obviously proud of their crazy spending habits - they were filmed shopping and then confronted in their own home by the tv team. Obviously one of the couples were in on it, but it was supposed to be a surprise to the other person (yeah right). Bloke wandering around TKmaxx filling a basket to the brim, then basically bringing the stuff home and stuffing it into the cupboard and leaving it there -It's definitely a mental disorder
One of nan's sisters (who always dressed well) would always buy very good quality trousers and skirts (often from charity shops!) as she felt it made a difference to how you looked. She would then buy cheap and cheerful tops. She was quite glam so it worked for her! As I'm getting older I buy less but pay more for clothes. I'm tempted to try the personal shopper service in John Lewis as I'd love to see the suggestions they make and there's no obligation to buy.

One of nan's sisters (who always dressed well) would always buy very good quality trousers and skirts (often from charity shops!) as she felt it made a difference to how you looked. She would then buy cheap and cheerful tops. She was quite glam so it worked for her! As I'm getting older I buy less but pay more for clothes. I'm tempted to try the personal shopper service in John Lewis as I'd love to see the suggestions they make and there's no obligation to buy.
I'm the same, and I don't buy stuff willy nilly like I used to just because I like the look of it. I ask myself what will it go with and that includes the style as well as the colour or pattern. Because of this, I have a wardrobe that I'm happy with, all the clothes I actually wear, and I know I've got an outfit suitable for any occasion.
I had another quick look at Qurio today and these people just cannot stop themselves can they?!

Just had a scan on Qurio. Hyacinth bought a Lola Rose bracelet that, in her own words, is too tight and the dangley bits are too short and therefore don't work as they should!! But hey ho, it's reduced and is "only" £ 25 so she will keep it, plus it goes with a white and sparkly watch bought last week (QVC). £25 would buy me a good amount of shopping in Aldi.

Just had a scan on Qurio. Hyacinth bought a Lola Rose bracelet that, in her own words, is too tight and the dangley bits are too short and therefore don't work as they should!! But hey ho, it's reduced and is "only" £ 25 so she will keep it, plus it goes with a white and sparkly watch bought last week (QVC). £25 would buy me a good amount of shopping in Aldi.
I would consider £25 quite a lot for what is essentially "junk jewellery". It's the name they're paying for and I'm pretty sure if Hyacinth saw this in a shop in town she wouldn't look twice at it. Even if she did, she could've tried it on and I'm pretty sure that she'd have put it straight back on the fixture. It's a horrendously expensive (overpriced) brand and when a few quid is shaved off the price people think they're getting a bargain.
I agree you could fill a small trolley in Aldi for that amount, but it's not just that that surprises me - It's the £25 here and £30 there they splash around with gay abandon because they think they're getting a bargain. If they added up the money they spent on little bits that have caught their eye, they could've bought a piece of decent jewellery, had an extra holiday. I love a bargain, but to me it's got to be a bargain. Is it something I've been thinking of buying, do I need it, do I love it, will I actually wear/use it? If the answer is no, then a bargain it is not.

I still don’t see how opening a box or commenting on a product that’s just been delivered and not yet used, can be called a review. 🤔

There have been a few good ones, in amongst the “not so good” ones though. There’s a guy who has recently started doing pretty good reviews on gardening products and they are quite informative.

It took me a few minutes to realise that I know him though and have met him. I’ll have to mention Qurio when I see him again. 😉

I would consider £25 quite a lot for what is essentially "junk jewellery". It's the name they're paying for and I'm pretty sure if Hyacinth saw this in a shop in town she wouldn't look twice at it. Even if she did, she could've tried it on and I'm pretty sure that she'd have put it straight back on the fixture. It's a horrendously expensive (overpriced) brand and when a few quid is shaved off the price people think they're getting a bargain.
I agree you could fill a small trolley in Aldi for that amount, but it's not just that that surprises me - It's the £25 here and £30 there they splash around with gay abandon because they think they're getting a bargain. If they added up the money they spent on little bits that have caught their eye, they could've bought a piece of decent jewellery, had an extra holiday. I love a bargain, but to me it's got to be a bargain. Is it something I've been thinking of buying, do I need it, do I love it, will I actually wear/use it? If the answer is no, then a bargain it is not.
Totally agree. More money than sense obvs!!
totally

Paying £28 for something that she’s really not that bothered about is stupidity. Of course all the enablers on there will say how great it is. Personally I think if you don’t love something like that then send it back and spend the money on something you do love, or shock horror save the money!

After a lengthy review from the lovely Jo Jo about a hideously overpriced Masai Mara T-shirt £39 & p&p (a feature price), it dawned upon me how pretty darned pointless reviews for clothing really are. She told us that she loved the design ( well obviously, as she bought it) that the material was stretchy, showed us the dolman sleeve and that it came down to the elbow, so pretty much nothing the presenters or website couldn't have told us. She was seated for the whole presentation so we couldn't actually see how the top looked on her, but she managed to wax lyrical for about 5 minutes! At least Lola and humping dog woman stand in front of a mirror so we can see the entire garment. Even so - why? unless you're them, it's not gonna look, or necessarily feel the same on you. Could you imagine going into the office and start giving a running commentary on the t shirt you're wearing, people would think you're mad (and very boring) but sitting in front of a camera talking for hours about an overpriced garment and there's nothing in it for you? - Just a pointless exercise!

Quick round up and a few catchphrases. Erika's spent some more money this time it's an ice cream maker. She must have very big cupboards or a very cluttered kitchen, more nail polish for Hyacinth and Jo Jo's thrilled with her hot pink clown trousers!
Here are the catchphrases I've noticed - Some have been around for a while, but can anyone guess who? Or add any more?

Welcome to another veedio
See you in the next veedio

"Let's go"

"There you go"

"The postman's just been"

"Sorry QVC, but it's another mawn"

Quick round up and a few catchphrases. Erika's spent some more money this time it's an ice cream maker. She must have very big cupboards or a very cluttered kitchen, more nail polish for Hyacinth and Jo Jo's thrilled with her hot pink clown trousers!
Here are the catchphrases I've noticed - Some have been around for a while, but can anyone guess who? Or add any more?

See you in the next veedio

"Let's go"

"There you go"

"The postman's just been"

"Sorry QVC, but it's another mawn"
See you in the next veedio = Erika

"Let's go" = Cardboard Richard

"There you go" = Shaky camera Anna

"The postman's just been" = Hyacinth

"Sorry QVC, but it's another mawn" = Lola/Nicola

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Another "Pullinger pop-up" so it must be competition time! Obvs they've learned their lesson from the Mother's day fiasco so the generosity's dried up. She announced a competition for the most creative video, but the winner has already been announced and that's the split screen Erika/Jenny Wren did months ago "No prize she said, just give yourselves a pat on the back" - Gee thanks Katy. Next prizeless comp is for the most "uplifting video". Just hope it doesn't involve saggy body parts, women with control pants, and Ahh bras! Pointless interjection from Katy there!

Classic Katy Pullinger say nothing much,just smile and keep the Qurio shopaholics spending more on the tat,after all it keeps her in the fancy dinner restaurants she has come accustomed to ,and loves to mention.
It’s a pity obviously no thought or concerns on what drives this app,or how it affects people during these difficult times.

It appears to be an idea and set up by teenagers but used by middle aged women which is not a good fit.
I don't know about teenagers, but it was clearly designed and set up by someone who is far removed from the demographic, and more than likely definitely not female! The comments section was a step in the right direction, but then they insult the users by having Katy pop up empty handed spouting a few empty words - Honoured, I'm sure!

I’ve just received an email announcing that it’s “nearly payday” suggesting I buy a selection of unnecessary overpriced things. Are they living in the real world?

We have been lucky in that we don’t have to count every penny but even we are finding we are having to be a lot more careful with the heat and shopping which has always been our biggest outlay.

Yes Q, let’s forget about that massive electricity/oil bill and buy a Ruthless blazer or a smelly candle instead.

Latest posts

Back