Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She's not mentioned the cruise for a while and she seems for the moment to have given up on buying clothes and stuff for the van! If you've ever watched the Fast Show - This week she's mainly buying beauty products! She's has slowed down a bit. I'm wondering if she's actually got a garden because I'm sure she'd be showing off her herbaceous borders at every given opportunity!
Fear not, I will be giving regular news round-ups!
thanks Merryone, knew I could count on you for a giggle!! She probably can't get another item into her what must be rammed wardrobe!

I was about to delete the Qurio app but decided to give signing in one more go. This time it worked and there was no faffing about being directed to the app store like before. Maybe the 10 year old IT bod got some extra help and fixed it. 😉

I hadn’t missed much though. 😂

JoJo has already ordered five items during the jubilee frenzy,the mind boggles at how these people are trapped or hooked on this app - 🤔 3 lola rose items,a bundleberry neon light,and a marlawynne shirt.
And adds what next🙈 as if it is a badge of honour.
Supposedly it has given her a new lease of life (this Qurio Community),sorry from a outsider looking in,no it has not it’s just lowered your self esteem,and made you vulnerable to being addicted to shopping 🛍 and becoming a QVC shopaholic.

JoJo has already ordered five items during the jubilee frenzy,the mind boggles at how these people are trapped or hooked on this app - 🤔 3 lola rose items,a bundleberry neon light,and a marlawynne shirt.
And adds what next🙈 as if it is a badge of honour.
Supposedly it has given her a new lease of life (this Qurio Community),sorry from a outsider looking in,no it has not it’s just lowered your self esteem,and made you vulnerable to being addicted to shopping 🛍 and becoming a QVC shopaholic.
I understand the love of shopping and buying new things for oneself, but what I don't understand is continually buying goods from a source that provides goods you can buy anywhere (usually for less) and paying such ridiculous amounts of money to get them delivered, not only that knowing that if something didn't suit you or fit properly, the hassle and extra cost involved to return. Let's face it nobody in everyday life would be remotely interested in seeing or hearing about the things we buy. Could you imagine how bored your colleagues would become if you them a daily update on everything you've bought in the last week, or a running commentary about how well your new boots fit, or how nicely your jumpsuit fits around your waist? They'd think you're crazy as well as incredibly boring! Then along comes Qurio and "wow" everybody cares that you've bought a tan accelerator, a Lola Rose bracelet, and a pair of polyester slacks, not only do they care, they want to hear all about them, and not only that they'll tell you how wonderful you look in them, they may even decide they want to buy the same thing. Suddenly you're no longer that dull Ms/Mr Average with a bit of a spending habit, you're a trendsetter and an influencer - and you're hooked!
I would say to any of these lovely ladies and gents, if you love talking about shopping and shopping channels come and join us here, it's free and you don't have to buy something new twice a week in order to keep yourself in!

I agree Merry, but many of them did come on here I think and just had a go at everyone. Maybe the truth hurts? Addicts don't like being challenged.

CC
Really? I know someone said that Jo Jo was once a member, though I don't remember her here. Other than that I don't recognise any of the others. I'd love to know who they were, after what I said in the last post it's pretty sad that I'm interested. To be honest I'm just nosey!

These were people that just came on the forum, had a go and then I didn't notice any more postings. I think someone had alerted some of the Qurio folk that we were talking about them and they came to see. They could, of course, just have been people passing through but there were a few of them all saying how awful we forumites were. Probably some posts on this thread if you go back a few pages.

CC

There is a lady who posts on Q Arsebook everyday and if she isn’t on the tatty appy I would be amazed as she buys a lot and seems very lonely (she is a widow).
If you feel isolated, being able to feel part of a community can be a real lifeline.

Candycane, what you say makes some sense. A sudden flurry of rage and then silence. Some seemed to have been dormant on here prior to posting.

If you feel isolated, being able to feel part of a community can be a real lifeline.

Candycane, what you say makes some sense. A sudden flurry of rage and then silence. Some seemed to have been dormant on here prior to posting.

I belong to a Burmese cat group on Facebook. We get people who say they don't own one, but is it okay for them to be there as they love cats? We just welcome them. They comment on people's photos of their cats and dogs as well etc.

I'm sure a lot of people buy things they don't need just so they get a delivery to open or to have a chat with the postman. It catches up with you though and takes a lot of paying off from the credit card.

CC
There are thousands, if not millions, of forums where you don't have to buy goods in order to participate.
Most of us have at least one love, hobby, concern or interest that has a community online. Whether a forum or group on social media doesn't matter.
So many of us found covid lockdowns very difficult and this forum vital to feeling connected. It's not for everyone, but if the lockdown has focused our minds on being, or remaining connected... find an outlet... maybe without shopping needlessly as the price of admission?

Forums are for sharing ideas and opinions!
Qurio is a clever but cynical way of herding all the shopaholics together,which encourages more spending from the sheep,encouraged by a tat seller every few weeks.
Its a stroke of genius by Q,I dread to think how much money the Qurio regulars,have spent between them over the Jubilee four day period.

Forums are for sharing ideas and opinions!
Qurio is a clever but cynical way of herding all the shopaholics together,which encourages more spending from the sheep,encouraged by a tat seller every few weeks.
Its a stroke of genius by Q,I dread to think how much money the Qurio regulars,have spent between them over the Jubilee four day period.
I know! it really is, and even though it's more than likely these people where shopaholics in the first place that this app has made them even worse. It wouldn't surprise me if some of these people used to distribute their spends among a number of retailers, but now they've found a hub where everybody is interested that they're channelling more of their money into QVC - too blind or obsessed to realise they're being rinsed for every penny they've got!

I haven’t looked at Qurio for a couple of days but had a look earlier today. There were quite a few from a poster called MissLadysmith. They were quite informative but, for some reason, she seemed to be in the bathroom wearing a towel for most of them. 😳

There’s also one from Anna about the recent ABC TSV. Now call me whatever you like, but I really wouldn’t class someone just talking about what they’ve just received, before using them, a review. 🤔 It’s about as informative as the written ones on the QVC website where they say they’re looking forward to receiving something that they’ve ordered ….. before it arrives. 🙄

Still, Qurio passes an amusing few minutes. 😉

Just been on the news about people who are using buy now pay later are having to use other credit to actually pay the first. That includes split pay, in other words easy pay. They are having trouble keeping up with paying the monthly payments.

I did mention I could see this happening with the cost of living crisis. Those buying on QVC, what happens when all the easy pay is something they cannot afford? The qurio superfans who buy buy buy.

I've been there. All my easy pays came out my account on the same day and then an advanced order thingy went through as well. That left me overdrawn as it was a hefty chunk of money. I only have one thing at a time on EP now and buy nothing until that is paid off. It would be very easy to get yourself in a right old mess, especially if your income suddenly went down.

CC

Latest posts

Back