Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A bit of a fail really considering only one of the 3 entrants actually bought anything in order to enter the competition - a couple of pairs of £6 trousers. They've ended up giving away more than the price of that UFO thingy that created a huge uptake in qualifying purchases. Ok, it was only supposed to be one prize of £100, and I as I said before, good on them for giving it to all three entrants. I noted how quick Katy was to say that there won't be multiple winners in future! What's the next prize gonna be I wonder? A bag of pork scratchings?!

The thing for me is that I cannot get the app to work, it sends me an email and I confirm it is me, but it still won't let me access the app. I've registered in the past as well. So I presume if that is happening to me, it must be happening to others too.

The thing for me is that I cannot get the app to work, it sends me an email and I confirm it is me, but it still won't let me access the app. I've registered in the past as well. So I presume if that is happening to me, it must be happening to others too.
I can't get on it either. I think it's due to having a VPN on my tablet and phone.

Ours is NORD. I have the problem with a few sites.

I use PhoneGuardian which gives me VPN and it checks and scans internet connections and would sort out any ”iffy” ones although, thankfully, I’ve never had that problem. Although it called PhoneGuardian, I’ve also got it installed on my iPad. I’m not sure how good it is but it certainly works for me because I’ve never had a problem on any sites that I visit.

It's died down again a little, the latest being a review from Ro Ro, showing a floral trellis in the seating area of her lovely garden - It looked gorgeous and I have to say that I got a bit of garden envy there. She then added that she rents her property and immediately my envy disappeared and I felt thankful to be mortgage free living in a property that I own. I know this isn't really relevant to this thread but it really made me think I've got a lot to be thankful for, when there are people of my age or thereabouts who are always gonna have to work in order to have the most basic of needs = a roof over their heads. It's impossible for the youngsters to get on the property ladder these days, but it upsets me just as much when you see hard working older people who don't qualify for council accommodation having to pay private sector rent, often paying way more than most people pay for a monthly mortgage, with the added worry that they could be moved on at short notice should the owner decide they want to sell or reclaim the property. I've seen this happen to many a person I know - So as usual I'll pop my deckchair out the front and read my paper - It's not ideal but it's a sunny spot and I live in a quiet street, and I'll reflect upon how lucky I am!

Yep they did and it was the first cleanser I ever bought. I can still hear my Mum saying " all that rubbish you use on your face won`t do you any good, stick to soap and water ".
As I grew into my teens the rows of bottles, tubs and jars in the bathroom or in my bedroom multiplied and she tutted at every one of them and declared they were a waste of money. She only ever washed her face with soap, used a dab of Nivea and sprinkled herself with Yardley talc. Her makeup consisted of Max Factor face powder in Twilight shade and Max Factor lipstick, no eye makeup not even mascara and that was it.
MF candleglow mum used for years, an eyebrow pencil and the minimum amount of lipstick, dab of aqua manda or 4711 and she was good to go.

Was never going to comment again on this sad app,a chap called Darren reviewing Gender Neutral Tinted Moisturiser,why call it that It’s a normal moisturiser on the QVC site,and could be used by men if needed.
To be honest he is as bad as the influencer (never to be seen again)typically the addicts lap up his words of wisdom.
I’m sorry this nonsense has gone far enough it’s nothing to do with being gender neutral so why mention it.
Perhaps his collagen lips 👄 give it away,let’s hope this forum never falls into this so called neutrality.

A little update - Qurio's bobbing along slowly, no competition led surge to report. Hyacinth's got a new T-shirt and Erika's bought a load of Easy yo. I think for someone like her with a big family it's probably a good thing to have. The machine's quite cheap to buy but I think the sachets would work out pretty expensive. I used to have a yoghurt maker myself and I loved it, but it was quite bulky and OH who hates yoghurt kept moaning about it so I reluctantly got rid of it. He said yoghurts are so cheap to buy anyway. My machine was great, you had to buy a normal yoghurt to get started but then after that you saved a spoonful every time to start the next lot off. It was plain but you had to add fruit and flavouring yourself. The easy yo looks a lot less bulky, but I just couldn't justify spending all the money on the sachets you need.

A little update - Qurio's bobbing along slowly, no competition led surge to report. Hyacinth's got a new T-shirt and Erika's bought a load of Easy yo. I think for someone like her with a big family it's probably a good thing to have. The machine's quite cheap to buy but I think the sachets would work out pretty expensive. I used to have a yoghurt maker myself and I loved it, but it was quite bulky and OH who hates yoghurt kept moaning about it so I reluctantly got rid of it. He said yoghurts are so cheap to buy anyway. My machine was great, you had to buy a normal yoghurt to get started but then after that you saved a spoonful every time to start the next lot off. It was plain but you had to add fruit and flavouring yourself. The easy yo looks a lot less bulky, but I just couldn't justify spending all the money on the sachets you need.
I've mentioned it before, but I've made literally 1000s of yogurts from one original sachet. And I really do mean literally 1000s, at 365 per year for well over 10 years.

But I love the plain yogurt, so don't add fruit or flavouring.

I've mentioned it before, but I've made literally 1000s of yogurts from one original sachet. And I really do mean literally 1000s, at 365 per year for well over 10 years.

But I love the plain yogurt, so don't add fruit or flavouring.
How does that work 'cause I thought that one sachet made 500ml which is a supermarket large tub which would last me about a week!

It's died down again a little, the latest being a review from Ro Ro, showing a floral trellis in the seating area of her lovely garden - It looked gorgeous and I have to say that I got a bit of garden envy there. She then added that she rents her property and immediately my envy disappeared and I felt thankful to be mortgage free living in a property that I own. I know this isn't really relevant to this thread but it really made me think I've got a lot to be thankful for, when there are people of my age or thereabouts who are always gonna have to work in order to have the most basic of needs = a roof over their heads. It's impossible for the youngsters to get on the property ladder these days, but it upsets me just as much when you see hard working older people who don't qualify for council accommodation having to pay private sector rent, often paying way more than most people pay for a monthly mortgage, with the added worry that they could be moved on at short notice should the owner decide they want to sell or reclaim the property. I've seen this happen to many a person I know - So as usual I'll pop my deckchair out the front and read my paper - It's not ideal but it's a sunny spot and I live in a quiet street, and I'll reflect upon how lucky I am!
Most older people are entitled to social housing when they reach a certain age. Depends a lot on where you live though.

How does that work 'cause I thought that one sachet made 500ml which is a supermarket large tub which would last me about a week!
I started with one original sachet and made a litre, and was not even keen on it, as it tasted artifial IMO. You can also start it with supermarket "live" yogurt.

BTW I have 3 jars so always one brewing, one being eaten, and one in fridge.

I sterilise a jar with boiling water (but then use the same hot water to make the yogurt so it's not wasted).

I prefer UHT milk as it is already sterile. I take a couple of teaspoons of previous yog and put into the next one with the milk, stir gently, then put into yog maker, using the same hot water.

The next day I have a new yogurt, and I've found that after a few generations they taste much better than the original sachet.

I eat 1/3 jar after my 3 meals per day. I'm just off to eat my next portion :)

Latest posts

Back