Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve always had the remit of only buying what I need, not what I want. QVC rarely has anything that I want nowadays, so any emails I get telling me that I need something etc get deleted immediately.

I am fortunate in that I could afford to buy what I want but I choose not to, particularly while we are all having to tighten our belts.

On the chat thingy on Qurio, people were saying how much they hoped that things will be on EZPay over the Jubilee weekend. That’s one option I’ve never used because it’s an easy way to ramp up debt, in my opinion. If I can’t afford to buy something in one go, I don’t bother.

I’ve just received an email announcing that it’s “nearly payday” suggesting I buy a selection of unnecessary overpriced things. Are they living in the real world?

We have been lucky in that we don’t have to count every penny but even we are finding we are having to be a lot more careful with the heat and shopping which has always been our biggest outlay.

Yes Q, let’s forget about that massive electricity/oil bill and buy a Ruthless blazer or a smelly candle instead.
I got that email too. I was paid on Wednesday and guess what? I didn't immediately dash to Q's website to see what unnecessary little bits n' bobs I could get. Like most people I paid a couple of bills that I don't have on direct debit, and left it at that. Once my direct debits have gone out and provided that I don't have anything I desperately need to buy, then, and only then do I look at what's left and then I might spend it on fripperies. Don't get me wrong, I do spend money on extras like concerts, the odd takeaway, eating out, meeting friends, that's part of life. I always budget and make sure that anything I spend will not leave me in a vulnerable position. Like I say, if I'm in a comfortable position and payday's approaching, then I might treat myself to something I want rather than need!
I know it's Q's job, like any business to promote themselves, however, it's completely inappropriate to suggest that they should be one's first priority when payday comes. "Forget the boring bills, and buy an acrylic jumpsuit instead". I don't mind you advertising, but please give your wording a bit of thought!

There are parents going without food to feed their kids. Pensioners on fixed incomes. Inflation at levels not seen since the 1980s. Thankfully we're hitting better weather, but October is likely to see another massive fuel price hike...however we should use our payday to spend-spend-spend with Q. Riiiiiiight! Out of touch, much?

Hell May we won’t have to wait to October our weather here has been rotten. I have been in the garden all day wearing a T-shirt under a sweatshirt all covered by a thick fleece coat thingy and I can tell you I wasn’t the least bit too warm! May is usually our best month weather wise but looks like it’s going to be a damp squid of a summer.

Nippy here in the North West too. Just had a quick wander around the garden, and came back in fairly pronto. The sun is out now, but very breezy and cold. I hope this doesn't mean we won't get a Summer of any kind. I'm still wearing my tights and my winter coat is still making an appearance now and then too.

I’ve always had the remit of only buying what I need, not what I want. QVC rarely has anything that I want nowadays, so any emails I get telling me that I need something etc get deleted immediately.

I am fortunate in that I could afford to buy what I want but I choose not to, particularly while we are all having to tighten our belts.

On the chat thingy on Qurio, people were saying how much they hoped that things will be on EZPay over the Jubilee weekend. That’s one option I’ve never used because it’s an easy way to ramp up debt, in my opinion. If I can’t afford to buy something in one go, I don’t bother.
EZPay = easy debt.

Newbie Lorena seems to be well and truly hooked, since posting her first video of a jumpsuit that looked amazing on her. She's bought a few other clothing items and again she looks stunning in all of them as she's tall and slim. From her first video I got the impression that maybe she has issues with confidence and that all the compliments gave her a real boost, and now she's found her happy place on Qurio. She's buying and posting an awful lot, and I get the impression she feels she needs to keep buying in order to "be in" - if that makes sense. Hopefully she's not trying to rival Erika/Hyacinth. Again I ask the question - has Lola finally thrown in the towel? we'll see!

We can only hope Lola has thrown in the towel,let’s be honest the collective brain power of the 8-10 shopaholics who post regularly,would not make a average I.Q.
of a normal person.
Plus Katy Pullinger gurning at every opportunity to make them spend more,seriously she needs to look at herself.
Shows no respect at all for these people,and certainly no morals after the influencer incident.

Newbie Lorena seems to be well and truly hooked, since posting her first video of a jumpsuit that looked amazing on her. She's bought a few other clothing items and again she looks stunning in all of them as she's tall and slim. From her first video I got the impression that maybe she has issues with confidence and that all the compliments gave her a real boost, and now she's found her happy place on Qurio. She's buying and posting an awful lot, and I get the impression she feels she needs to keep buying in order to "be in" - if that makes sense. Hopefully she's not trying to rival Erika/Hyacinth. Again I ask the question - has Lola finally thrown in the towel? we'll see!
That is really sad. Getting herself perhaps into debt to be in with the crowd on a stupid shopping app.

Thought I’d have a look on Qurio but, instead of getting straight on it, I had to sign in, put my email address and then click the link in the email to confirm it was me. I’ve had to do this before and had no problem.

Well, today was a different matter. After being asked to sign in, I clicked on the link in their email and it sent me to the app store, I clicked on the icon there and nothing happened. 🙄 So I started again and they sent another email and so it went on and on … but, after 5 emails and associated links that failed, I’m giving up and will leave the Qurio lot to waffle on to themselves.

It was a complete farce so I guess their brilliant tech team must be in charge of Qurio. 😂

Hell May we won’t have to wait to October our weather here has been rotten. I have been in the garden all day wearing a T-shirt under a sweatshirt all covered by a thick fleece coat thingy and I can tell you I wasn’t the least bit too warm! May is usually our best month weather wise but looks like it’s going to be a damp squid of a summer.
Like last year moody grey skies

Maybe if no one can get on to Qurio, they’ll realise there’s a technical problem. The regular Qurio posters will be in panic mode. 😉

Thought I’d have a look on Qurio but, instead of getting straight on it, I had to sign in, put my email address and then click the link in the email to confirm it was me. I’ve had to do this before and had no problem.

Well, today was a different matter. After being asked to sign in, I clicked on the link in their email and it sent me to the app store, I clicked on the icon there and nothing happened. 🙄 So I started again and they sent another email and so it went on and on … but, after 5 emails and associated links that failed, I’m giving up and will leave the Qurio lot to waffle on to themselves.

It was a complete farce so I guess their brilliant tech team must be in charge of Qurio. 😂
I've not been able to get on it for ages. Same as you, gave up in the end, and now just read the funny postings on here.

I occasionally get logged out and have to re-confirm my email address, but have always managed to get back in. You’re not missing much , the spenders are still spending. Jo Jo has just purchased her 4 th pair of Rieker loafers at £65 a pop plus postage, plus another Lola Rose necklace. I do wonder whether these ladies spending would be on this scale if they had to go to shops or even just browse the internet- I reckon not. For all it’s faults Q’s an easy watch and I can see how people become hooked. You don’t even have to remove your card from your wallet as it’s already stored on their database- one click and that’s it! It’s easy to forget it’s money!

I occasionally get logged out and have to re-confirm my email address, but have always managed to get back in. You’re not missing much , the spenders are still spending. Jo Jo has just purchased her 4 th pair of Rieker loafers at £65 a pop plus postage, plus another Lola Rose necklace. I do wonder whether these ladies spending would be on this scale if they had to go to shops or even just browse the internet- I reckon not. For all it’s faults Q’s an easy watch and I can see how people become hooked. You don’t even have to remove your card from your wallet as it’s already stored on their database- one click and that’s it! It’s easy to forget it’s money!
how's Hyacinth getting on Merryone? Bought anymore cruise outfits lately? Or anything for the caravan????

how's Hyacinth getting on Merryone? Bought anymore cruise outfits lately? Or anything for the caravan????
She's not mentioned the cruise for a while and she seems for the moment to have given up on buying clothes and stuff for the van! If you've ever watched the Fast Show - This week she's mainly buying beauty products! She's has slowed down a bit. I'm wondering if she's actually got a garden because I'm sure she'd be showing off her herbaceous borders at every given opportunity!
Fear not, I will be giving regular news round-ups!

Latest posts

Back