Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can see an influx of reviews on the horizon! Had an email from quorio street saying £100 QVC credit for winning mother's review ,no doubt they will all be rushing to review their quoriosities with their mum's or daughters ! Watch this space
Did the email whether there's a deadline for these "Mothers day" reviews and when the prize is gonna be announced? Let's face it, if Erika is the only person who posts a mother related review, then no 2 ways about it - they owe her £100. I wonder whether they'll make an announcement. "Well done Erika you've won the mothers day competition as you were the only entrant" A bit of an awkward fail I'd think.
Early days yet, but that depends upon the deadline. There might be an influx today, I'll keep a look out.

My torch forum had a mother's day compo, you had to post a pic of your mum (I didn't enter). A few ppl put a pic of their dog, and one of these won a prize.

In fact, it didn't even have to be your mum, as the theme was "maker of me".

But the prizes were huge! !st was a £600 selection of torches, 2nd £400, then loads of smaller prizes around £100 each.

Oh no! Erika’s got some competition - RoRo has jumped in with a review for a couple of pairs of Frank Usher trousers- This is my daughter and we’re going on holiday to Turkey together and these will be ideal for us - daughter stands and smiles ( behind gritted teeth) Yes, I believe you’re going away together, but your daughter won’t be allowing those trousers anywhere near her skin!!! They’re yours , and yours alone. I wonder whether she’s bribed her daughter with half the prize money to appear in the video?!
Another observation is how many videos have QVC on the telly in the background! I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them had screen burn of the Q logo when they switch off, perhaps they never switch off!

Erika has doubled her chances by doing a review with her daughter and a review with her mum ! Hilarious how desperate these people are for a QVC credit !
To be fair £100 isn't to be sniffed at, and by the looks of it Erika hasn't appeared to have bought any more stuff than usual and has done a couple of reviews of retrospective purchases - I mean she might as well. Ro Ro's review smacks of desperation though! She's only spent a few quid though. Q have made this comp far too niche, so the qualifying vids are gonna be a bit tenuous/desperate looking. Come on Q if you're gonna run a competition as opposed to a lucky dip at least judge it on merit. How about having a review of the month where the prize consists of your review being featured on the Qurio ad and maybe free postage on your next couple of orders!

This competition has fallen flat somehow, I can't say I'm surprised. Now will it be Erika or will it be Ro Ro? Will they bother to announce a winner. I guess we'll have to wait and see if one of them lets us know in one of their upcoming videos. What a shambles!

We’ve had shower of new reviews today, some from the usual suspects and nothing mum/daughter related, so looking good for Erika! Anyway these new reviews are a great cross section of what makes Qurio so entertaining! Lola’s bought a couple of rings, despite not liking rings (and they’re awful btw) I get the feeling that if Lola Rose makes it, she’ll buy it. Mavis is channeling her inner Elvis whilst standing in a communal hallway in a block of flats. Hyacinths shampoo was reduced from £72 down to £40 and one lady thinks that a review needs no words, just shake the bottle in front of the camera- job done. Love it!

How big was this bottle of shampoo??
1 litre - but even so , no shampoo is worth that sort of money! If you buy the conditioner too, it’s only £130 & £3.95. What a bargain. I almost told oh that I’d just bought a bottle of shampoo for £72 to see what he said but I thought better of it lol!

Last edited:
We’ve had shower of new reviews today, some from the usual suspects and nothing mum/daughter related, so looking good for Erika! Anyway these new reviews are a great cross section of what makes Qurio so entertaining! Lola’s bought a couple of rings, despite not liking rings (and they’re awful btw) I get the feeling that if Lola Rose makes it, she’ll buy it. Mavis is channeling her inner Elvis whilst standing in a communal hallway in a block of flats. Hyacinths shampoo was reduced from £72 down to £40 and one lady thinks that a review needs no words, just shake the bottle in front of the camera- job done. Love it!
My thoughts exactly those rings were dreadful but some reviews have made me laugh though remember the lady with the moving Santa hat on she just stood there miming to a Christmas song 🤣

Oh no!!! Jo Jo's come along and diluted Erika's chances with a mother/daughter video. Absolutely gorgeous little girl of about 6 or 7 years old being paraded in front of the camera complete with Aunt Sally make up to advertise a hand and foot cream. In the comments she's said that her daughter's been itching to appear in one of her videos, so why has she not let her in the past? She could've easily done so. £100 tells us the reason why! Erika is often seen in her vids with the kids or her MIL, I do hope that she wins the prize!
In other stories, Mavis (of humping dog fame) has shown off some of her "lovely" (her words not mine) outfits. All I can say is do yourself a favour and lose the "Lonsdale belt", and from what I can see, it's a shame that her taste in home decor is not reflected in her taste in clothing!

Last edited:
I saw the rings, I thought they were awful, the sort of thing a child would put on if she were playing in the dressing up box. Really impractical due to the size, and she was right about the imperfection on one of the rings. She kept saying she was not a ring person!

The £40 bottle of shampoo is extortionate. If I'm at the hairdressers I MIGHT be talked into buying posh shampoo at £20 but that is at a top city centre hairdresser. I wouldn't spend double that from the TV and then have to pay postage on top. Ridiculous.

CC

The £40 bottle of shampoo is extortionate. If I'm at the hairdressers I MIGHT be talked into buying posh shampoo at £20 but that is at a top city centre hairdresser. I wouldn't spend double that from the TV and then have to pay postage on top. Ridiculous.

CC
It is a loopy price to pay. In my experience when I've seen somebody with shiny shiny hair and I've asked them, it's been down to a mixture of luck, Tresemme, coconut oil. Back in the day I asked a mate of mine how she got her hair to look so shiny and lustrous and she said "Sainsbury's egg". I tried it myself and sadly it didn't have the same effect, it was ok as shampoos go but luck plays a bit part. Don't see egg shampoo nowadays and what about Linco Beer? Now there's a blast from the past!
I've learned that if you're gonna spend a lot of money on your hair a good cut from a good hair dresser is the best starting point, and a good detangling brush. If your hair doesn't tend to shine through shampooing/conditioning alone, then a spritz of olive oil spray does the trick (not the cooking one lol). No need to wash it every day as I've heard that creates an unbreakable cycle and imagine how quickly you'd get through £40's worth of shampoo?
In the case of Tweak'd £40 represents a massive saving. If it was £20 then perhaps I might be tempted to give it a go as to me that's a fair price for a huge bottle of a premium product, and if it didn't prove to be premium, I wouldn't buy it again - no harm done!

It is a loopy price to pay. In my experience when I've seen somebody with shiny shiny hair and I've asked them, it's been down to a mixture of luck, Tresemme, coconut oil. Back in the day I asked a mate of mine how she got her hair to look so shiny and lustrous and she said "Sainsbury's egg". I tried it myself and sadly it didn't have the same effect, it was ok as shampoos go but luck plays a bit part. Don't see egg shampoo nowadays and what about Linco Beer? Now there's a blast from the past!
I've learned that if you're gonna spend a lot of money on your hair a good cut from a good hair dresser is the best starting point, and a good detangling brush. If your hair doesn't tend to shine through shampooing/conditioning alone, then a spritz of olive oil spray does the trick (not the cooking one lol). No need to wash it every day as I've heard that creates an unbreakable cycle and imagine how quickly you'd get through £40's worth of shampoo?
In the case of Tweak'd £40 represents a massive saving. If it was £20 then perhaps I might be tempted to give it a go as to me that's a fair price for a huge bottle of a premium product, and if it didn't prove to be premium, I wouldn't buy it again - no harm done!
When I was a child my mum used to pour a little bit of vinegar on my hair for the final rinse. No idea what it was supposed to do! And it was normal malt vinegar that you put on your chips😳. I don't do it now...

My sister was older than me and when she was around 15/16 she and her mates would do each others hair ready for their Friday night at the Youth Club. They`d wash their hair beforehand and arrive at our house with it still damp and they`d use a dab of Vitapointe conditioner which came in a tube, smooth down their hair and then lay their head on the ironing board and use a piece of brown paper on top of their hair and iron it.
It was around the time when ultra straight long hair a la Marianne Faithful was in fashion and beehive and back combing had their day. Every so often the paper would slip and the smell of singed hair would linger for a while.

Latest posts

Back