Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My aunt swore by Vitapoint, but she had a perm, so no iron involved.

Anne French Lemon shampoo, which came in little sachets, was used on me by my mum to keep my blond hair bright. Beer was supposed to keep your hair shiny, if it was darker you could even buy beer shampoo.

Omg forget the hair for a second - wtf is Lola wearing in her latest video ( the ones for the shoes to wear to Ascot) . She’s always going on about things being unflattering- well this takes the absolute biscuit!

Omg forget the hair for a second - wtf is Lola wearing in her latest video ( the ones for the shoes to wear to Ascot) . She’s always going on about things being unflattering- well this takes the absolute biscuit!
I couldn’t work out what she was wearing, it looked dreadful, but the camera angle probably didn’t help. I assume it’s something only worn at home.

I agree. At first I thought she had just pushed her skirt through her legs for some bizarre reason so her feet were visible. 😳 So if that wasn’t what she’d done, I guess it’s a voluminous version of a jumpsuit as she seems to like to keep on buying them.

My aunt swore by Vitapoint, but she had a perm, so no iron involved.

Anne French Lemon shampoo, which came in little sachets, was used on me by my mum to keep my blond hair bright. Beer was supposed to keep your hair shiny, if it was darker you could even buy beer shampoo.
Did Anne French used to do a cleansing milk seems to ring a bell

Yep they did and it was the first cleanser I ever bought. I can still hear my Mum saying " all that rubbish you use on your face won`t do you any good, stick to soap and water ".
As I grew into my teens the rows of bottles, tubs and jars in the bathroom or in my bedroom multiplied and she tutted at every one of them and declared they were a waste of money. She only ever washed her face with soap, used a dab of Nivea and sprinkled herself with Yardley talc. Her makeup consisted of Max Factor face powder in Twilight shade and Max Factor lipstick, no eye makeup not even mascara and that was it.

Paint stripper! As tweens just starting to show an interest in make up and skincare - we’d happily rip our epidermises off with this stuff regardless of our skin type! It was usually nicked from your mum’s dressing table!

Yep they did and it was the first cleanser I ever bought. I can still hear my Mum saying " all that rubbish you use on your face won`t do you any good, stick to soap and water ".
As I grew into my teens the rows of bottles, tubs and jars in the bathroom or in my bedroom multiplied and she tutted at every one of them and declared they were a waste of money. She only ever washed her face with soap, used a dab of Nivea and sprinkled herself with Yardley talc. Her makeup consisted of Max Factor face powder in Twilight shade and Max Factor lipstick, no eye makeup not even mascara and that was it.
My mam was the same mf face powder and a faint dab of lippy 😊
my mam did the same mf face powder dab of lipstick and she swore by nivea and astral cream😊

I`ve now turned into my Mum. I`ve gone from using lots of different products to just the basics. I don`t use soap and water on my face like she did but I do wash my face and use a plain and simple face cream and a facial oil at night. All eco friendly brands.
Now I`m retired I hardly wear makeup and when I do, its a mineral powder foundation from Elemental Beauty and maybe mascara and lipstick.

There were only three entries to the Mothers’ Day competition, Erika, RoRo and JoJo. All three have won £100 credit to their QVC accounts. If anyone deserved to win outright, I think it is Erika because she often features her children and MIL in her videos whereas the other two only produced one for the competition. (Just my opinion though as I’m sure all of them are worthy winners,)

There were only three entries to the Mothers’ Day competition, Erika, RoRo and JoJo. All three have won £100 credit to their QVC accounts. If anyone deserved to win outright, I think it is Erika because she often features her children and MIL in her videos whereas the other two only produced one for the competition. (Just my opinion though as I’m sure all of them are worthy winners,)
Just seen that all 3 won ,not surprised as they were the only 3 entrants !! Would've been unfair to pick just one ,bet they thought 100s would've entered ,another massive fail !

Latest posts

Back