Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree with other people here. I think that's mostly an act to get viewers on side.

Considering how he's always playing to the elderly and vulnerable, and always going on and on about feeling his age and having to spend time in hospital.

I do agree that a lot of it is probably put on, but I do think he genuinely get stressed or flustered as he simply can't compete with most of the other presenters (imo) which surely must play on his mind as he often has the prime hours that will require a high volume of sales.

The way I look at the situation is that there isn't really any need for Peter to go down the "acting daft" route as other presenters who do much better than him must have a proven sales technique which he obviously could learn to employ on his own shift. Why act daft & deviate from a proven method of sale and achieve sales of much less volume? that's the question I can't get my head round when questioning if he is playing daft or not as its not in his interest or Bid Tv's.

Do they honestly think people will buy through sympathy?

I do agree that a lot of it is probably put on, but I do think he genuinely get stressed or flustered as he simply can't compete with most of the other presenters (imo) which surely must play on his mind as he often has the prime hours that will require a high volume of sales.

The way I look at the situation is that there isn't really any need for Peter to go down the "acting daft" route as other presenters who do much better than him must have a proven sales technique which he obviously could learn to employ on his own shift. Why act daft & deviate from a proven method of sale and achieve sales of much less volume? that's the question I can't get my head round when questioning if he is playing daft or not as its not in his interest or Bid Tv's.

Do they honestly think people will buy through sympathy?

No, more like through empathy.

The elderly and lonely might well be put off by the likes of Mikey "Barra Boy" Mason and James "I Know Jewellery" Russell. They're TOO sharp and TOO slick for some people to believe.

But having someone come on who does a bit of "comedy" and acts all flustered and goes on about Our Bet and Our Maud and his age and his health problems? Well, he's Just Like You, isn't he?

And if he's Just Like You then he must be trustworthy.

Bit like Nicola "Lola La Rouge" George acting all modest when selling clothes on telly, but in her spare time she parades round stages in a pair of skimpy knickers and a pair of tassels. Whatever they show on screen is not them. It's all an act to get sales.

And who says Peter Simon doesn't sell a lot? If he didn't, then he wouldn't have a job.

Last edited:
And who says Peter Simon doesn't sell a lot? If he didn't, then he wouldn't have a job.
I agree on that, he has been on Bid since the channel started almost 13 years ago so he must sell enough to warrant them keeping him.
One thing I do often think about is why is he the only one who hasn't moved from bid to price-drop etc. he always has been on bid and I have never seen him on any other Sit-Up channel...

I agree that Peter Simon probably generates a lot of revenue.
If you look at the names of the people who buy from him you can detect a demographic trend-it's often names like Doris in Clitheroe, Eunice in Matlock and Winifred in Leeds.
That's what he's good at,extracting money from elderly people,mostly old ladies.

I agree that Peter Simon probably generates a lot of revenue.
If you look at the names of the people who buy from him you can detect a demographic trend-it's often names like Doris in Clitheroe, Eunice in Matlock and Winifred in Leeds.
That's what he's good at,extracting money from elderly people,mostly old ladies.

Exactly. He's funny (but not so obviously crude), he seems to be religious, and he's always going on about getting older and women who seem to be of a certain age.

If he's not cynically targetting old women to get sales then I'm Mike Mason's slash goddess. :wait:

I thank the lord I didn't watch any of Dirty Peter's show last night, doubt I could have coped with a Kinkade night.

I can only imagine the emotions on display, second only to when he sells handbags.

Last edited:
It was cringe worthy most of his segment last night, the worst part was his designer jewelry (by the guy who he's always on about) it was simply nasty.. it would look weird even on somebody like Pat Butcher. I feel that Helen is picking up a lot of bad habits from Peter, I think she's a lovely girl but when she gets with Peter its like an alter ego takes over & she starts to sound as wooly as Peter.

It was cringe worthy most of his segment last night, the worst part was his designer jewelry (by the guy who he's always on about) it was simply nasty.. it would look weird even on somebody like Pat Butcher. I feel that Helen is picking up a lot of bad habits from Peter, I think she's a lovely girl but when she gets with Peter its like an alter ego takes over & she starts to sound as wooly as Peter.

Would that be the Bill Skinner stuff?

Have you heard the trailer they always run for Oscar & Lewis (Bill Skinner is their designer). The idiots cannot even get that correct, it says Bill Lewis!

They have been using the same trailer for absolutely ages too, Sit Up have such an attention to detail don't they?

Given he was such a legend at both channels i'm surprised Dirty Peter hasn't featured on any of the tribute programmes this week for BBC TV Centre and Granada Studios which are both closing down. I don't think that is very respectful of them.

I suspect it's because they have tried to poach him from Sit Up and he flat turned them down.

Wirral, It was Bill Skinner last night. I'd never seen it before. It was revolting!

Peter called him Bin Skiller at one point.

Last edited:
Wirral, It was Bill Skinner last night. I'd never seen it before. It was revolting!

Peter called him Bin Skiller at one point.

Surprised he didn't call him Ben Stiller! I think Bin Skiller's designs are hideous Pola.

They're OK for brassy drag queen though, or Lisa Brash.

Given he was such a legend at both channels i'm surprised Dirty Peter hasn't featured on any of the tribute programmes this week for BBC TV Centre and Granada Studios which are both closing down. I don't think that is very respectful of them.

I suspect it's because they have tried to poach him from Sit Up and he flat turned them down.

I'm sure I saw 'R Vera' paying a tribute to him and his years as a big star on the channels?

I'm sure I saw 'R Vera' paying a tribute to him and his years as a big star on the channels?

That wouldn't surprise me Hillary, i'm disappointed I didn't see that.

They showed an old clip of Stars In their Eyes and I thought someone was imitating Peter Simon but he was actually mimicking Larry Grayson, and just as badly as Peter copies him*

'Don't You Dareeeeeeeee'.

(*I may or may not be making this up but regular Bid viewers surely won't object to some artistic licence).

Last edited:
Am I behind the times? Just discovered Ms Brash was in the news some years ago for having a romp with Robbie Williams during his druggie/alcoholic era. Also rumoured to have been involved with Gazza.Seems to be a thread of drunkenness running through these assignations.Wonder why?

St.Peter managed to get 5 mugs for the 'SPECTACULAR, SPECTACULAR' Thomas Kinkade awful prints at the bargain
price of only £299.99 + £9.99 p & p + £1.53!!!!!!! Quite unbelieveable really isnt it, like someone else on here recently
said, some people should not be allowed to own a credit card...
im now getting ready for 'WHAM BAM EASTER' i can hardly contain myself

Latest posts

Back