Northern Nights

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ok, mine has gone back. colour wasnt as expected, quality wasnt as expected (made in china - i should have checked first). £6.45 to have it delivered, £7 to return it so that was a costly mistake.

oh - and i didnt wash it before i packed it up so watch out if youre going outlet shopping! ha ha

I didn't buy this tsv........................buy this is the second time I've heard NN being produced in china - and I'm quite disappointed by this.Do they tell you on any presentations that its origin was china?

thread count aint everything the cotton has to of superb quality and northern nights in my opinion is ot as lux as m&s or sheridan or the high street in general.

it shrinks when washed the elastic from the fitted sheet is not elastc after 3 washes.
the pillow cases that have the border on them gets smaller and they shrink its a stuggle to put yourpillows in

also they looky on the bed as they crease as you look at it.

horrid stuff

I didn't buy this tsv........................buy this is the second time I've heard NN being produced in china - and I'm quite disappointed by this.Do they tell you on any presentations that its origin was china?

theyve mentioned before that they have factories in china but they never specify what's made where.
i reckon its a safe bet that if its a TSV it will be made in china because of the pricing. i'll be sticking to egyptian cotton if i buy NN in the future.

i have an egyptian cotton set and its not as nice as any of my other bedding in fact its quite coarse with washing. my fav is my laura ashley bedding that i have had for over 10 years..

Has anyone had problems with the dahlia blue washing a different shade (I mean the plain fabric relative to the patterned)? I've just phoned to return mine, it's different after one wash so who knows how bad it might get. They have agreed to send me a return label for the continental pillow cases too as they were part of the same order.

Last edited:
Had to return mine!!!

I bought this one as a TSV Northern Nights Textured Stripe 450TC Supima Cotton 6 Piece Duvet Set, then had to retrun it. I only washed it about four times as I have other bedding (not Northern Nights) and it started to get scratchy to the feel and also started to slightly bobble. If you look up the product on QVC you wiill see that many others have noticed the same.

I notice now that QVC are mentioning now on air that you should not tumble dry their products as this could cause the cotton strands to break! I don't have a tumble drier my set was machine washed 30 degrees and line dried.

This was my first purchase of NN, I bought the speeel but it was the colour I really wanted!! I will not be buying NN again unless everyone one on here says they just bought the best set ever!!!

Hope this helps
LavenderBlue

PS why do the sets always look disheveled on the beds they never look crisp, if that's the right workd and pillowcases never seem to stand up on their own!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back