New presenter eh...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's really grown on me, too. I wasn't prepared to like her, having read about her smutty tweets in the past (not that I mind a bit of smut ... hers were just quite childish). Hopefully, she has grown out of that now.

Last edited:
Claire Sutton asked her if she'd be doing the tweet thing and Chloe said "well I'm going to TRY to get my head round it..."

Hmmmm!

I think she did very well , confident and at ease. In fact, i like her style better than Anna and Caramel's

I'm just having a look on +1. I do wish she'd give over looking at the sodding monitor all the time, it does look a bit rude when the guest is talking to her and she's looking in the opposite direction.

I must have missed her first hour as I dont watch the nail shows, they are the few shows I never watch as a guy they bore me and dont have anything I can buy. I have seen her with other presenters today but am amazed they are letting her 'Fly solo' bet there were some anxious producers in the gallery for her first show. Iv kind of decided to give her a chance. I been a bit hard on you Chloe. Hope to catch her doing some soslo hours to see how she does.

She is doing the 'inside QVC' on now. She is saying how she is learning as she is so new, I think not, she has been flogging on tv for another channel. why pretend. Im not keen on her, something about her that is a bit well, used timeshare salesperson quality

I really like her, she comes across as articulate and nicely spoken. I thought she was a tad too orange last week but has looked immaculate since then. She's been on Sky Sports and her experience shows. I think she is the daughter of Clive Everton who is a respected sports commentator so it runs in the family!

apparently she has done shopping tv before so she is well versed in the speel, she is just another 'sell sell sell' I think its a bit insincere to pretend your new to the game when you have been batting for the other channels (bid)

On the morning show. Called Chloe.
We shall see........

Well I actually like her.She's direct and straight talking..no phaffing about like some of the presenters..no singing ,dancing ,or acting like a Prima Donna.She's better than at least half of them on that shopping channel and she';s only been on for a short time.Good job they didn't opt for another "talent Show" to find a new presenter.

I like her, articulate, not a shrieker or a boaster, confident without being irritating, seems to be in possession of a varied vocabulary, all seems good to me

Her constant 'Im new here' 'Im new to this' etc etc. She is not new to the cameras, nor to shopping tv as it transpires.

Why shouldn't she say she is new? She is new to QVC, doesn't matter if she has presented elsewhere!

Well i've never seen her on Sky or Bid and if i wasn't reading this forum, as im sure there's many thousands that don't, and im watching her
on QVC saying im new etc. etc. i would think she's completely new to the selling lark, (as all these other people are thinking now thats she's
completely new to the concept of tele selling, whereas she's been doing it for years, and is proficient in it.

As far as i remember none of the other presenteres, Caramel, Anna etc, stated im new, etc etc. so maybe this is a new tactic for people to say
"ah never done this before, poor thing". . But i like her , but i'd say she's pretty savvy

apparently she has done shopping tv before so she is well versed in the speel, she is just another 'sell sell sell' I think its a bit insincere to pretend your new to the game when you have been batting for the other channels (bid)

Jesus give her a break , the last job she did wont have been exactly the same as the one at QVC , not every shopping channel will do the exact same thing in the exact same setting, and at the same studio... so yes working at QVC & they way they do it will be different to her

She is doing great and seems so professional compared to some of the other old Divas. Showing them up.

Tristar I`m going to make up a fictitious scenario and I`m going to use you as an example. Not for any personal reason you understand but because you were talking about your job ambitions and your skills on the housework thread so you`re the only forumite I have any background on ok ?
Yesterday you were saying you`d love to have a job as a cleaner, you`re good at it, nay you excel at it, you have a proven track record, you`ve done it for several people all of whom have been satisfied with you and you get great satisfaction from your work and enjoy it, you know how to use the equipment and you have pride in what you do.
A dream job is advertised at Q, its to the clean the studios and it has to be done professionally because the studio is the first thing viewers see when they turn onto Q, they need someone experienced and someone who`se good. They give you a trial, you outshine everybody else and the job is yours.
You start work, you`re a new face, people like your work in fact praise your work, you handle the equipment and people like a pro but you`re new, you`re not sure where to keep the hoover, you don`t know if Q prefer you to clean with Mr Sheen or Pledge and you`re scared someone might think you don`t know what you`re doing so you make a point of telling people you`re new just in case.
Then someone says oi why did he gets the job, you should have given it to a newbie, given someone a chance, taken a risk and then the real grump or grumps, really stick the knife in and say hey sack him cos did you know he once wrote several nasty posts about us on a shopping forum for all the world to see , so get rid. Thankfully your boss is a realist and tells the others, listen he`s good at his job, he gets results, he`s experienced and I like him and as for the posts , well that`s in the past and he`s a man not a machine and as human as the next person so he STAYS !

Your post make me feel uncomfortable Vienna and I'm not sure why ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back