List of Ideal World presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Of the "new" presenters, or ones I'd not seen previously, I think Annie, Heather and Simona are all very good (which shows that there are good 'unknown' presenters out there and that there is no need to constantly return to the ex-Bid crew and the like).

Sally and Peter are the worst, followed by Genevieve, just a dubious trio who will say any old guff. I know Mike of the Masons isn't that popular, but he's always well groomed (unlike Peter), speaks clearly and concisely (unlike Peter) and talks about the products and items as though he has researched them and not just rocked up on his shift to wing it (unlike Peter), so for all we may fault him, I can see why the shopping channels use him. I think Mark Ryes is another who is a good and more than competent presenter, same for Rob and Emma. I tend not to watch much of Natalia because she seems to be doing the same products, every day. Jessica and Shona are probably veering more towards the "will say anything for a sale" brigade, especially the former's constant use of family members. I'm probably the only one, but I like Joanne.
I haven't watched for ages and hardly recognise anyone
Where have all the old long standing presenters gone?
Did they retire or did they just leave?
Also what's happened to the sound have to turn it down when switching it on

pete simon is the most boring tv presenter i have ever seen or heard

Peter Simon has won awards, okay. He is quite simply not only probably a BAFTA® award winning TV presenter, from the swap shops and the Blue Peters, right, but a dear, dear friend to the stars.

In his nigh-on 45 years in shopping TV he has been lucky enough to work with some of the biggest brands, has contacts with the top perfumerers like William Hunt and Perry, and kissed enough anoraks at the Basalworld watch fair be able to bring to air exquisite timepieces of such inherent value they simply must be insured.

And boring is NOT something that can be said about a man who was classed as obese but, thanks to vibration technology, Jane Plan, Opatra belts, 100% pure saffron, and e-Life bikes, in conjunction with a healthier lifestyle and consulting his GP, able to lose weight and develop a six pack.

You have to remember he lives in a damp hovel on his own, has a myriad of health problems, and only owns one pair of shorts. He also recently had a serious accident with a patio door. So cut him some slack. He tells it like is.

Last edited:
Peter Simon has won awards, okay. He is quite simply not only probably a BAFTA® award winning TV presenter, from the swap shops and the Blue Peters, right, but a dear, dear friend to the stars.

In his nigh-on 45 years in shopping TV he has been lucky enough to work with some of the biggest brands, has contacts with the top perfumerers like William Hunt and Perry, and kissed enough anoraks at the Basalworld watch fair be able to bring to air exquisite timepieces of such inherent value they simply must be insured.

And boring is NOT something that can be said about a man who was classed as obese but, thanks to vibration technology, Jane Plan, Opatra belts, 100% pure saffron, and e-Life bikes, in conjunction with a healthier lifestyle and consulting his GP, able to lose weight and develop a six pack.

You have to remember he lives in a damp hovel on his own, has a myriad of health problems, and only owns one pair of shorts. He also recently had a serious accident with a patio door. So cut him some slack. He tells it like is.

You forgot, he has the best looking nails on TV. :ROFLMAO:

peter nails.JPG

Surely he has no need to consult his GP when he has doctors Edwards and Foghorn always on hand? 👩‍⚕️👨‍⚕️🩺🩻

I haven't watched for ages and hardly recognise anyone
Where have all the old long standing presenters gone?
Did they retire or did they just leave?
Also what's happened to the sound have to turn it down when switching it on
I don't understand why the replies to my question refer to a presenter who is still with IW who I never mentioned. ????

I don't understand why the replies to my question refer to a presenter who is still with IW who I never mentioned. ????
Not sure if you mean the old IW?
Denniece Robinson now on Create and Craft as is Dean Wilson
Shaun Ryan now Brand Ambassador for You Garden on QVC
Hayley and Shawn Crawley on Shop on TV
Dave Bradford, Nigel May and Andy Love on Hobbymaker

Don’t know about any others or the old Bid presenters who went to IW.

Not sure if you mean the old IW?
Denniece Robinson now on Create and Craft as is Dean Wilson
Shaun Ryan now Brand Ambassador for You Garden on QVC
Hayley and Shawn Crawley on Shop on TV
Dave Bradford, Nigel May and Andy Love on Hobbymaker

Don’t know about any others or the old Bid presenters who went to IW.
Thank you Battiola73

Personally, I find Natalia a bit irritating. Quite artificial and affected. However I can't comment on the accuracy of her claims as I don't know anything about those Opartra products which is all I've seen her selling.
I’ve tried Opatra and spent a lot of money. Products have taken 10 years off my face, I’m not joking. They’re a bona Fide company. Natalia is ok. I suspect women would like her more than men

Mike is a strange one for me.

He's clearly an affable, amusing bloke, often at his own expense. Some of his anecdotes and attitudes are stuck in the 1970s, but they're oddly funny and never come off too chauvinistic. I imagine he's fun (maybe grating after a while) at parties. He has presence, confidence, and commands attention. He always sounds authoritative. He was born to be a presenter.

But…

…he uses all of those strengths to be a consummate professional peddler of nonsense, hyperbole, misleading/disingenuous information (cf. any watch show he presents, fragrances, the dash cams, and any items which needs plumbing/wiring he will sell using 'argumentum ad verecundiam') and he simply can't help but veer into dubious "pressure selling" style tactics constantly.

Everything he brings to to air is "flying out" and is gonna sell out in minutes (never does), the phones are always in meltdown, 'everyone wants what we've got', we need to be quick if we want it, these are the last in the business (despite re-appearing every day for the next month), and so on. And he makes it 10x worse by following his 'pressure selling' u with "I'm not saying that to hurry or pressure you, you make your own decisions, but if I were you {says more things to hurry and pressure you}".

He's like the evil version of Rob - both good at presenting, both charismatic, both likeable… but only one does all of the hard sell, pressure tactics, "this is the most amazing item you've ever seen". In some ways, Rob feels wasted on Selly Telly. He should be presenting some 5PM ITV gameshow. Mike, alas, feels exactly where he should be: on the tacky market-stall of selly telly.

Sally must be shift a lot of product, but I've no idea how. She's horrendous to watch - self-obsessed, narcissistic, every other sentence is about how amazing she is, how well off she is, how perfect her family life is, all the expensive brands she buys, how many holidays she has a year…

…I imagine that appeals to the sort of women who watch those ITV Be structured really shows like TOWIE where all people do is talk about themselves and how glamorous their lives are.

Gen is called disinGENEVIEVE for a reason. I would believe her telling me my own name.
I find it irritating that he refers to his wife as The Goddess. Don’t need to be reminded constantly of his wonderful marriage. Also “you ladies” and “baba” make me want to scream

The model she was working with this morning (I think it’s Linda from the old Ideal Worlds) has said before she is over 60. She looks amazing. Looked after herself but naturally from what you can see. Probably 15 years or so older than old Michelin Lips, who espouses the use of all these gadgets to fail to achieve as well what the model has done by natural methods. I am assuming that is the case at least. Of course, good genes and bone structure assist people like Linda, but nonetheless, you really don’t need to be spending potential thousands of pounds on expensive gadgetry and potions from a shopping channel if you try and look after yourself by living a healthy lifestyle.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back