My returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NINJA ICECREAM MAKER STATISTICS

Ordered 22/6/24 at £199-95, free PP

Before it arrived, I went out to buy loads of ingredients (most are still unused, including sugar, which I never normally use)

It arrived 26/6/24, so I made 3 different recipes, then put in freezer to freeze solid

27/6/24 I used the machine to churn the 3 tubs of IC to try, all was gritty, even after numerous re-churns

28/6/24 asked QVC for a return label, collection was arranged for 5/7/24

Thoroughly cleaned it, then packed it up exactly as I received it.

Return label did not arrive until 5/7/24 so I was on edge for days hoping it would arrrive in time. Label arrived at 11am

Evri arrived to collect it about 5pm that same day, just as I'd given up hope, as they normally come about 11am

Was notified 17/7/24 that it had got back and the refund would be processed (but no refund yet)

So the total elapsed time was 26 days, during which time I used it for part of one day to make 3 tubs of gritty IC

Last edited:
NINJA ICECREAM MAKER STATISTICS

Ordered 22/6/24 at £199-95, free PP

Before it arrived, I went out to buy loads of ingredients (most are still unused, including sugar, which I never normally use)

It arrived 26/6/24, so I made 3 different recipes, then put in freezer to freeze solid

27/6/24 I used the machine to churn the 3 tubs of IC to try, all was gritty, even after numerous re-churns

28/6/24 asked QVC for a return label, collection was arranged for 5/7/24

Thoroughly cleaned it, then packed it up exactly as I received it.

Return label did not arrive until 5/7/24 so I was on edge for days hoping it would arrrive in time. Label arrived at 11am

Evri arrived to collect it about 5pm that same day, just as I'd given up hope, as they normally come about 11am

Was notified 17/7/24 that it had got back and the refund would be processed (but no refund yet)

So the total elapsed time was 26 days, during which time I used it for part of one day to make 3 tubs of gritty IC
There is a motto to this tale!
Don’t buy it because it’s more trouble than it’s worth 🤣

I was going to buy one of those you had to freeze the tins first. It wasn’t cheap but not as expensive as the Ninja one. I sat down and worked out how much the ingredients would cost to make a litre of coffee ice cream. Can’t remember the exact costings but it worked out cheaper to buy 4 x 500ml tubs of luxury supermarket coffee ice cream.

I was going to buy one of those you had to freeze the tins first. It wasn’t cheap but not as expensive as the Ninja one. I sat down and worked out how much the ingredients would cost to make a litre of coffee ice cream. Can’t remember the exact costings but it worked out cheaper to buy 4 x 500ml tubs of luxury supermarket coffee ice cream.
And apart from that, when you use the ones where you freeze the tins beforehand, it makes good churned smooth IC at the time, but then you have to put what you don't eat in the freezer, and it then becoome rock hard.

The idea of the Ninja was that it re-churns that solid IC, and it was certainly powerful enough to do that, but the result was soft and gritty, not smooth.

I returned another expensive item 2 days ago, so the saga continues.

I will reveal what it was, and why I returned it, in the next episode, when I get notified of its return.

In the meantime, please post stories of YOUR returns, or regrets that you didn't return.

I have more horror stories myself of items NOT returned (and one concerned an ice cream machine lol).

Last edited:
But you MUST like candy canes
Actually I don't! I don't have a sweet tooth at all and I hardly ever eat sweets or chocolate, ice cream, any kind of puddings and definitely not biscuits. I have been known to have a bit of sherry trifle and I do like my mum's christmas pudding but I only eat it because it's there.

CC

Actually I don't! I don't have a sweet tooth at all and I hardly ever eat sweets or chocolate, ice cream, any kind of puddings and definitely not biscuits. I have been known to have a bit of sherry trifle and I do like my mum's christmas pudding but I only eat it because it's there.

CC

Candycane jgj.jpeg

CC
Nothing to do with the booze content, of course! ;)

Last edited:
They knew there was a problem with the Ninja ice-cream machine because they said in the presentation that if the IC was not smooth, just press the reblend button and it will make it OK.

I pressed it loads of times, and it was still crumbly and gritty. There were no reviews on QVC because it sold out so it disappeared on their site, but there were loads of dreadful reviews on Amazon.

Having sent it back and I will have £200 back in my pocket (eventually, not yet though) I have been buying luxury IC, instead of my normal value brands. So far have had Cornish clotted cream, rum and raisin, salted caramel, and mint choc chip :) But I still have lots of unused ingredients I bought to make my own with the machine :(
This link shows the 13 QVC reviews :

I have waited for QVC to confirm return even when I had the date & signature that it had arrived early the next day of sending.I only order now if I know I am not going to return.That goes for most companies, I had a nightmare with JL when I ordered a carpet cleaner & decided it wasn’t for me.To locate with someone who was able to communicate with a delivery company resulted in a tour of the world.Finally I got someone based in London & all was well, success.I even rang a Manchester store telephone number to speak to someone, where were they? Morocco? Not a district of Manchester then?

This is the razzle-dazzle effect you watch the demo looks fantastic and think, Oh!!! I want that and will use it.

It is like when my mum and I used to go to the Ideal Home Exhibition, all these stands doing demos of all sorts of things. Salad spinners, choppers etc, and it was I need to have that. If you even used it once, it was a miracle. As it ended up at the back of the cupboard and when looking for something now, and then you find it and then dump it in a charity shop or just threw out.

I returned another expensive item 2 days ago, so the saga continues.

I will reveal what it was, and why I returned it, in the next episode, when I get notified of its return.

In the meantime, please post stories of YOUR returns, or regrets that you didn't return.

I have more horror stories myself of items NOT returned (and one concerned an ice cream machine lol).
Not from QVC but from another channel in the early days, so I'm not sure what the refund policy was but I knew after my first or 2nd use it was a duffer. Expensive vacuum cleaner, that had a water tank instead of bags or a dust chamber, supposed to be good for allergy sufferers. It was bulky so failing a cupboard under the stairs it took up a huge amount of room in the hallway. You filled the chamber with water, re attached it to the base, plugged it in then after use & simply had to pour the dirty water down the sink or down a drain. Once full of water it was heavy, very heavy. Other than that the suction was poor, and what I didn't bank on was bits of hair and debris getting stuck to the sides of the unit and the amount of water one had to use to try and clear it was nobody's business. You couldn't get your hand in to clear it properly and despite best efforts it began to stink. The shape of machine made it difficult to manoeuvre so large parts of the house were missed - I actually don't remember what we did with it in the end - probably took it to the tip. Makes your ice cream maker sound like a winner and to be fair it would probably do a better job of cleaning my carpets!

Latest posts

Back