My returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve never understood why it takes QVC so long to give a refund. They take it out of our accounts fast enough but it can take up to a fortnight to give the money back if you’ve returned something.

I recently rang Amazon because I’d ordered a filter for my Karcher wet and dry machine but ordered the wrong one by mistake. I wanted to return it but my printer isn’t working so I rang to see whether they could send me a QR code that could be used in my local place where you can send returns. The guy I spoke to told me to keep the item and to pop it into a charity bag and the money was repaid immediately with no faffing about. Another company with whom I shop put credit into my online account because an item was late in arriving. Although I hadn’t contacted them, they’d been tracking it at their end.

Surely QVC could operate in the same way?

I’ve never understood why it takes QVC so long to give a refund. They take it out of our accounts fast enough but it can take up to a fortnight to give the money back if you’ve returned something.

I recently rang Amazon because I’d ordered a filter for my Karcher wet and dry machine but ordered the wrong one by mistake. I wanted to return it but my printer isn’t working so I rang to see whether they could send me a QR code that could be used in my local place where you can send returns. The guy I spoke to told me to keep the item and to pop it into a charity bag and the money was repaid immediately with no faffing about. Another company with whom I shop put credit into my online account because an item was late in arriving. Although I hadn’t contacted them, they’d been tracking it at their end.

Surely QVC could operate in the same way?
And everywhere else I buy online has either FREE pp, or free over a certain order value, and always capped postage. I would have bought a lot more from Q if the PP was capped, eg more lock n lock sets yesterday.

Never understood why people put up with the antiquated returns system and slow refunds.
Plus the postal charges are a joke!
Each to their own I suppose 🙂
I can just about manage to put up with this sort of thing because I only buy the odd thing from them and it's usually an impulse purchase. I also am very aware of their high costs, so if something is a bargain I'll only buy it if it's still a bargain once postage has been added. Ok, returns aren't as quick as they should be but as the items I've returned have been low cost then I'm not too fussed about waiting as being without the funds won't be that annoying if that makes sense. I most certainly do not understand people who actually "shop with them" - You've only got to remember Qurio, not only did some of these people spend enough money on postage in a month to buy them a week away somewhere, when they had return issues, it was a different story! and the amount of tat they kept to avoid the hassle I could never get my head around. I was shocked to learn that quite a few of these crazy guys didn't even realise that you could claim your p&p back within 14 days! Anyway enough about Qurio I think we've had our fill of that over the years, but yes QVC is not a serious place to shop!

I can just about manage to put up with this sort of thing because I only buy the odd thing from them and it's usually an impulse purchase. I also am very aware of their high costs, so if something is a bargain I'll only buy it if it's still a bargain once postage has been added. Ok, returns aren't as quick as they should be but as the items I've returned have been low cost then I'm not too fussed about waiting as being without the funds won't be that annoying if that makes sense. I most certainly do not understand people who actually "shop with them" - You've only got to remember Qurio, not only did some of these people spend enough money on postage in a month to buy them a week away somewhere, when they had return issues, it was a different story! and the amount of tat they kept to avoid the hassle I could never get my head around. I was shocked to learn that quite a few of these crazy guys didn't even realise that you could claim your p&p back within 14 days! Anyway enough about Qurio I think we've had our fill of that over the years, but yes QVC is not a serious place to shop!
Ahhh Qurio the app that just kept on giving,fond memories for all the wrong reasons 🤣

I wouldn't have thought that anyone would be prepared to "take the hit" on tech products and if they did it'd be plain stupid. I guess they just don't care as long as they make sales on the day and I guess that there would only be trouble if they got an unprecedented amount of returns. They love to tell people that stuff is flying out of the building and to hurry up! I'm pretty sure that on cheaper items, people will take the hit - I've done it myself
Yes, tech's usually too expensive to even think about putting up with something that doesn't work, but I do think 'selective information giving' is a tactic to just get the money coming in (as you've said) - and then if the item's crap, there will certainly be a percentage of people who can't be bothered to return a lower priced item and will just chuck it away.

The (deliberate?) lack of important information on these channels now has become a joke, and is likely to be one of the reasons why selly telly has had it's day. I watched two Gemporia presentations over the past 4 weeks or so where lengths of necklaces or bracelets weren't shown on either the screen or the 'Details' tab - this is just basic info. - it isn't one size suits/fits all, people need to know.

Never understood why people put up with the antiquated returns system and slow refunds.
Plus the postal charges are a joke!
Each to their own I suppose 🙂

Well, I posted the Sunday Riley back today and it may well mean I get THE letter!

Only thing I have kept has been the L’Occitane hand creame!

I am not ordering anything else from the beauty from them. Only exception will be the Alpha H Liquid Gold, LOccitane Almond Hand Wash and Elemis PCMC when they are all on offer.

I was taking to the lady in the Post Office today and she said an awful
Lot of people have said they are no longer ordering because of the returns costs and the fact the value is just not there any more.

The clothing seems the biggest gripe on returns.

I think QVC could be in trouble if people are walking away from buying.

They knew there was a problem with the Ninja ice-cream machine because they said in the presentation that if the IC was not smooth, just press the reblend button and it will make it OK.

I pressed it loads of times, and it was still crumbly and gritty. There were no reviews on QVC because it sold out so it disappeared on their site, but there were loads of dreadful reviews on Amazon.

Having sent it back and I will have £200 back in my pocket (eventually, not yet though) I have been buying luxury IC, instead of my normal value brands. So far have had Cornish clotted cream, rum and raisin, salted caramel, and mint choc chip :) But I still have lots of unused ingredients I bought to make my own with the machine :(
With such a high ticket price item as that there really shouldn't be any grittiness to sort out, even if it "should" only take a simple re-blend. It could be that certain ingredients work better in the machine than others, but that should be outlined in the demonstrations, eg if you're using X ingredient then it might need a few extra whizzes to make it smooth. It seems to me that this machine has been released to market before it's been perfected. IMO once you buy or make ice cream you should end up with a ready to eat product straight from the freezer - nobody would put up with having to sort out your Ben and Jerry's the second time you go to the tub to get some, and even more so nobody should have to pay £200 for an ice cream maker that makes a frozen lump that you have to blend after a 24 hour wait! Let's face it, you might as well buy one of those machines that require you to freeze the bowl 'cause it's no slower a process and costs an awful lot less. Anyway hope you get your money soon and enjoy the luxury ice cream!

The only time I get something from QVC nowadays is if I can’t find it cheaper elsewhere, which I often can, and if I know I won’t need to send it back, I’ve only sent about 6 items back since I first discovered the channel years ago and one of those didn’t work so they sent me a returns label. When I have sent something back I’ve always rung to request a returns label and asked for the P&P back. Thankfully I’ve always had the P&P refunded as well as the price of the goods.

They have however sent me two items in the past that I didn’t order - a selection of fruit bushes and plants and a 3kg bag of Lindt chocolates. 🙄 I rang CS and was told to keep them and they hadn’t taken any money from my account anyway.

Nowadays I tend to buy from the same places and they offer free P&P and very fast refunds.

Makes you wonder if it’s ‘selective’ presenting, he selects what to tell us and more importantly what NOT to tell us.

I never feel he’s telling me much anyway - he gets excited about what it can do but not how it does it, nor its limitations.
i totally agree. I bought an Amazon Fire tablet some while ago and once I used it realised the presentation had been quite misleading. I kept it as it wasn't expensive for a tablet but, for example, I can't download most of the apps I want as they aren't available from the Amazon app store. Also, Lee failed to tell us that to do what he made a big thing of regarding our photos would require an expensive Amazon subscription. As you can probably guess, my next tablet won't be a Fire.

The above sentiment also applies to the Fire Stick Lee persuaded me to buy.

I wonder if you added up all the money QVC took two weeks to refund, how much interest they earned on it? If they have a TSV that sells tens of thousands, I always work out the total they’ve taken in p&p. Eg . Pretty sure with the amount of stuff sold in a year they’re able to negotiate pretty good rates with the couriers.

I don’t think there’s one other company I buy online from that doesn’t offer capped or free p&p over a certain value and and option for delivery. But whoopy-doo, QVC do offer half price p &p if you order more than one of same colour/size of a product.

The only time I get something from QVC nowadays is if I can’t find it cheaper elsewhere .....
It was cheaper than I could find anywhere else for the deluxe machine, and the PP was free, so that persuaded me. Even if it had worked OK, the economics didn't work out.

On the good side, I am now buying LUXURY IC with all the money I've saved (yes, I know I haven't actually saved any really, but that's my excuse lol)

The only time I get something from QVC nowadays is if I can’t find it cheaper elsewhere, which I often can, and if I know I won’t need to send it back, I’ve only sent about 6 items back since I first discovered the channel years ago and one of those didn’t work so they sent me a returns label. When I have sent something back I’ve always rung to request a returns label and asked for the P&P back. Thankfully I’ve always had the P&P refunded as well as the price of the goods.

They have however sent me two items in the past that I didn’t order - a selection of fruit bushes and plants and a 3kg bag of Lindt chocolates. 🙄 I rang CS and was told to keep them and they hadn’t taken any money from my account anyway.

Nowadays I tend to buy from the same places and they offer free P&P and very fast refunds.
That is pretty much the only way I shop with QVC these days… and I must say that the amount of items I buy gets less each year… they no longer offer the value they used to, and the products I used to buy from them are available elsewhere usually at much better prices. I’m actually surprised they are still going.

….

On the good side, I am now buying LUXURY IC with all the money I've saved (yes, I know I haven't actually saved any really, but that's my excuse lol)
I definitely call that a saving! I often justify spending on other things when I’ve returned or talked myself out of buying something. Also, there’s no such thing as “paying too much” for ice-cream. You can’t put a price on the good stuff so anything is justified to get it.

So that's where they went!!!

Sorry Strato, I hate ice cream. Surely I can't be the only one?? Biscuits are pointless as well 😬

CC

Latest posts

Back