Lulu Guinness TSV 12th August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Much as I love LG bags I can't imagine never buying from any other range. My only minor moan about LG is the limited colours. The size of my handbag is primarily about colour. I have colours I can't imagine LG will ever do ... yellow, orange, lilac, strawberry ice cream pink, bronze, silver. And I have to have a natural caramel leather colour bag.

I'm not really complaining because I love the variety but I'll never be a pure LG girl I'm afraid.

But navy is next. The white tig bag I wanted is now out of stock and it's been a crap summer so I'll wait on. Navy is definitely up next.

Much as I love LG bags I can't imagine never buying from any other range. My only minor moan about LG is the limited colours. The size of my handbag is primarily about colour. I have colours I can't imagine LG will ever do ... yellow, orange, lilac, strawberry ice cream pink, bronze, silver. And I have to have a natural caramel leather colour bag.

I'm not really complaining because I love the variety but I'll never be a pure LG girl I'm afraid.

But navy is next. The white tig bag I wanted is now out of stock and it's been a crap summer so I'll wait on. Navy is definitely up next.
I used to be a Radley bag person :happy: but I have been converted to a Lulu bag person now.

I've ordered that Next bag in an effort to break my LG habit, ha ha!!

Tomorrow night I'm going to do a Google search for navy patent bag and see what it throws up :sweat:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Hi, hope you are feeling better today, can you let us know how you get on with your Navy Patent bag search? i for one will be interested, still longing for the Jenny though and know if it is on EZ pay i will have to have it, and will give the TSV a miss. I am going to have a look at the berry bag in Next as well, i can't be left out of anything!!

Regards
x

Hi LBA. I'm still off so will have a good look today :D

Here's a pic of my girls keeping me company! (Rossi on my Catherine Lansfield throw and Casey on my lap)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344412766326.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344412766326.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 179

Here's a pic of my girls keeping me company! (Rossi on my Catherine Lansfield throw and Casey on my lap)

:happy:They look so comfy! Aren't cats great company - though they can be a bit of a pain when they're walking across your keyboard when you're trying to type!

:happy:They look so comfy! Aren't cats great company - though they can be a bit of a pain when they're walking across your keyboard when you're trying to type!

Most definitely!! And nose-butting your hand when you're using the mouse!! Trouble is, when they're on my lap I hate to disturb them. I need to plug my netbook in, go and get my work phone which keeps ringing and pay a visit to the little girls room!!! But until Casey gets restless and goes to lie in front of the tv I'll just have to wait :rolleyes::eek:

The PerUna and the Next bag look very much like Lulu bags don't they, and I think they are excellent value for money too.

They are definitely VFM but a word of warning - plastic handles, especially "tubular" handles like the ones on these bags, are terrible for cracking and splitting quite quickly. The handles go long before the bag itself and not only do they ruin the bag and look awful, they also catch on clothes (shoulders/arms where they hang) and scratch your hand. I have had several do that so only buy them now if I consider the price is low enough to justify only having the bag for a short time before throwing it away.

Most definitely!! And nose-butting your hand when you're using the mouse!! Trouble is, when they're on my lap I hate to disturb them. I need to plug my netbook in, go and get my work phone which keeps ringing and pay a visit to the little girls room!!! But until Casey gets restless and goes to lie in front of the tv I'll just have to wait :rolleyes::eek:

I can definately relate to that! :happy:

This happened with my extra large purple Jenny!! I think it comes down to how much you use it more than the quality. I didn't except this from a £300 LG bag, even though I gave it a battering day in day out, ha ha!!

I tend to use a different bag every day to be honest. And I have lots of Next bags that have stood the test of time. I don't mind it happening to a bag I've paid £30 for. £300 yes :(

I do hate it when it happens though. It makes the bag look so scruffy doesn't it?

Every option of the TSV is showing on Advanced Orders with a shipping date by 20th August 2012. I wonder whether this will change on the launch, but is designed to deter earlier ordering? I don't like this idea of a TSV being enirely on advanced order, it makes QVC just a drop shipping company for LG and contradicts the myth that "if it's instock it's online"

Jude x

Every option of the TSV is showing on Advanced Orders with a shipping date by 20th August 2012. I wonder whether this will change on the launch, but is designed to deter earlier ordering? I don't like this idea of a TSV being enirely on advanced order, it makes QVC just a drop shipping company for LG and contradicts the myth that "if it's instock it's online"

Jude x

Ooh that's odd. It wasn't like that earlier. Hopefully its glitch or a deterrent to early ordering like you say. It's more than likely just the stupid new website!! :rolleyes:

Worst of all...the 20th is slap bang in the middle of my hols so I'll be away when they attempt delivery!

Jude xx

They are adorable, Capirossi :heart: The one on the left looks a little envious that the other has body contact with you:giggle:

Received my TSV yesterday and got to work straight away. All I can say is, it works :D

Yes, it's expensive, but it's going to be worth it, IMO, for ease of use and effectiveness.

clemenzina

Thank you! Oh she was. She was glaring at us both and every time I went to stroke her she made her funny little noise as if to say "get off me"!!! Rossi is a proper sulker and hates Casey getting any attention. Casey doesn't give two hoots! Am just lying on the bed after a bath and Casey has just jumped on my back and settled down!!! Cats are such funny creatures!

Oh what's happened there? I quoted Caretodiffers post and it's showing as Clemenzia - who's not even on this thread :eek:

Hopefully it's looking ok your end and is just my phone. Most odd :confused:

Navy patent handbags

I'm just doing a generic search, not specifically LG like, but I will post links that are the most similar style!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004MNZUYC/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I guess this is kind of Jenny shaped, there is a larger one too.
http://www.johnlewis.com/231650559/Product.aspx?s_pccid=pc_gs_300_120000&

http://www.aspinaloflondon.com/esho...c-hepburn-bag/6408-hepburn-bag-in-navy-lizard

I'm struggling now to be honest. Lulu Guinness it is then!!

Although there are some beautiful navy patent accessories on the Aspinal site :heart:

They are definitely VFM but a word of warning - plastic handles, especially "tubular" handles like the ones on these bags, are terrible for cracking and splitting quite quickly. The handles go long before the bag itself and not only do they ruin the bag and look awful, they also catch on clothes (shoulders/arms where they hang) and scratch your hand. I have had several do that so only buy them now if I consider the price is low enough to justify only having the bag for a short time before throwing it away.

You are so right about that, Andik, I have a couple of Jane Shilton bags that did so, and it is most annoying, especially as I was very fond of one and that must have been the reason why they cracked, as I used it a lot :sad:

That is one reason that I am a bit wary about the Lulu patent bags and why I go for the soft leather ones, especially the quilted lips:happy: I like her mock crocs as well, but don't own one yet, I have salivated after one red Hillary:nod:

This happened with my extra large purple Jenny!! I think it comes down to how much you use it more than the quality. I didn't except this from a £300 LG bag, even though I gave it a battering day in day out, ha ha!!
:doh: that would have been very annoying Capirossi, at those prices:whew: What did you do? Did you take it back to Lulu's for repairs?

I tend to use a different bag every day to be honest.
You might as well seeing that you have such a collection, I would :happy:

And I have lots of Next bags that have stood the test of time. I don't mind it happening to a bag I've paid £30 for. £300 yes :(

I do hate it when it happens though. It makes the bag look so scruffy doesn't it?

Yes, it shows the backing and it is usually white:doh: Like you said, you don't expect it from a Lulu, I bet you were mortified!!

Latest posts

Back