Liz Earle TSV 16/07/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Happy to help hun. It drove me crazy for a good 6 months or more before I realised. The thing is that cleanse & polish has such good reviews that I never thought it could be the problem. I swear by Alpha H triple action cleanser & would totally reccomend. It cleared my skin up great. My skin now looks the best it has in a long long time. The balancing one is also nice as its a cream cleanser. The triple action is more of a gel. I use it in the same way as cleanse & polish. Just rub it in then use a nice hot face cloth to remove it.
Good luck! I hope your skin improves. I'm sure it will:) xxxxx

Thanks so much again - I binned it last night and used one of my old original C&Ps and the difference was marked - it didn't disappear into my skin and I could use it to take off my eye makeup without looking like I'd been chopping onions! I really do feel like such a mug as since I joined this forum, I've realised how much I was taken in by the patter and good reviews - bit embarrassing really, but better late than never eh ;)

I'll look out for the Alpha-H cleanser as well, I'll only be trusting recommendations from now on! xx

I'll look out for the Alpha-H cleanser as well, I'll only be trusting recommendations from now on! xx

The Alpha-H cleansers are both very good I think, the Balancing one and the Triple Action one. But if you want a Hot Cloth Cleanser, then I recommend the No.7 one from Boots (the Melting Gel Cleanser ist also very good, or the cleansing oil...), the Hot Cloth Cleanser from Soap & Glory or the Vitamin E Hit Cloth Cleanser from Superdrug. I also like the Emma Hardie's Moringa Balm or the Cleansing Balm from Elemis. I think M&S have also a good Hot Cloth Cleanser, at least I think that's what I read here.:)

212 479
Liz Earle 6 Piece Botanically Beautiful Skin and Hair Collection

QVC PRICE:£66.00
TSV PRICE:£43.88
P&P: £5.95

DESCRIPTION
This Liz Earle skin, body and haircare collection features a super-size of the award-winning Cleanse & Polish, plus Instant Boost Skin Tonic, Skin Repair Moisturiser, Botanical Shine Shampoo and Conditioner, the uplifting Orange Flower Botanical Body Wash, and a stylish cotton tote bag designed especially for QVC. A complete collection of all your Liz Earle essentials, keep your skin and hair feeling fresh and revitalised through summer - come rain, shine, or holidays.
Award-winning beauty - winner of over 100 awards, cult beauty favourite Cleanse & Polish has been named 'Best Cleanser' seven years running by QVC customers.

Tailored to you - suitable for all skin types, this collection also has a choice of moisturiser, allowing you to customise the set to suit your complexion.

Contains:
1 x Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (200ml; supersize) - QVC Excellence Award winner for Best Cleanser for the last six years, this multi award-winning hot cloth cleanser is plant-based with a rich, creamy texture. It helps to quickly remove daily grime and make-up, while the pure muslin cloth gently exfoliates and dislodges dead skin cells to leave skin feeling clean, soft and radiant. Naturally active ingredients include rosemary, chamomile, eucalyptus and cocoa butter
1 x Instant Boost Skin Tonic (200ml; full size) - this floral-scented, non-drying toner helps to refresh, soothe and brighten the look of your skin. Gentle and alcohol-free, it also adds a fine layer of moisture and is suitable for all skin types. Contains aloe vera, calendula, chamomile, cucumber and vitamin E
1 x Skin Repair Moisturiser (50ml; full size) - in a choice of Light, Normal/Combination or Dry/Sensitive. Designed to help replace lost moisture and protect your skin against dryness, this hydrating cream is enriched with a balanced blend of naturally active ingredients, including borage and avocado oil, echinacea, beta-carotene and vitamin E
1 x Botanical Shine Shampoo (200ml; full size) - gently cleans and restores natural shine, while eight essential oils leave your hair smelling clean and fresh. Infused with vitamin E, aloe vera, West African shea butter, apple and orange extracts
1 x Botanical Shine Conditioner (200ml; full size) - this creamy, colour-safe conditioner leaves hair glossy and hydrated. Contains a blend of meadow foam oil, blue sea kale and Kenyan yangu oil
1 x Orange Flower Botanical Body Wash (200ml; full size) - a gentle body wash with uplifting citrus aromas, designed to cleanse, soften and refresh your skin, leaving it feeling silky-smooth. Formulated with foaming agents derived from soap bark, corn, coconut, and organic oats and ideal for the whole family
2 x pure muslin cloths - these pure muslin cloths gently exfoliate skin during cleansing, helping to slough away dead skin cells and impurities while encouraging circulation
1 x beach bag - created especially for QVC and currently not available elsewhere, this 100% cotton tote features a signature Liz Earle blue borage print and long handles

http://www.qvcuk.com/Liz-Earle-6-Pi...mc=Community-_-WillGowing-_-prodLink-_-212479

I can't do quotes but I use the Alpha H cleanser too - I usually alternate but am going to try just using that for a while to see if it improves my skin. Thanks everyone for all of the alternative C&P suggestions too.

The Alpha-H cleansers are both very good I think, the Balancing one and the Triple Action one. But if you want a Hot Cloth Cleanser, then I recommend the No.7 one from Boots (the Melting Gel Cleanser ist also very good, or the cleansing oil...), the Hot Cloth Cleanser from Soap & Glory or the Vitamin E Hit Cloth Cleanser from Superdrug. I also like the Emma Hardie's Moringa Balm or the Cleansing Balm from Elemis. I think M&S have also a good Hot Cloth Cleanser, at least I think that's what I read here.:)

Thanks Ani, I already use the Elemis cleansing balm (sincerely hope they never mess with that formula, it's heavenly) and I've tried the Moringa Balm, but what I'm specifically looking for is a hot cloth cleanser you can put on your eyes as well. I do double cleanse but just find it an annoying extra step to have to remove eye makeup (or is it because I'm lazy...) so could you please let me know if any of those other hot cloth cleansers you suggested can be used on the eyes? I've had a look at the respective websites, but they're a bit vague.

Thanks again!

I stopped using cleanse & polish years ago, but received the October TSV for Christmas and that was the one that brought me out in spots. I didn't notice any change to the consistency. However, I've just started using the c&p from the superskin TSV (I've used others in between) and already it's been ok on my skin so far, it's much much thinner in texture than I remember. I read the ingredients on the back and I couldn't see shea butter in the mix. I was so sure it was there years ago. Instead there was seed butter I think.

I really like the Elemis cleansers (balancing lime blossom, pro radiance cream, cleaning oil & cleansing balm), but I also really like the Alpha-H balancing cleanser. I would recommend all of these, but I'm not certain on c&p yet...

I've used both the no7 and Superdrug vit E hot cloth cleansers in the past, both nice to use, but they do state not to be used near eyes on the packaging.

I've used both the no7 and Superdrug vit E hot cloth cleansers in the past, both nice to use, but they do state not to be used near eyes on the packaging.

Well, even if it is written on the packaging, I was brave and used both cleansers on my eyes to remove the eye make-up while I was cleansing my face and for me they worked.

Thanks Ani, I already use the Elemis cleansing balm (sincerely hope they never mess with that formula, it's heavenly) and I've tried the Moringa Balm, but what I'm specifically looking for is a hot cloth cleanser you can put on your eyes as well. I do double cleanse but just find it an annoying extra step to have to remove eye makeup (or is it because I'm lazy...) so could you please let me know if any of those other hot cloth cleansers you suggested can be used on the eyes? I've had a look at the respective websites, but they're a bit vague.

Thanks again!

I use all of them on my eyes and don't have any problems. By the way, Elemis' Cream Cleanser is also supposed to be very good, but haven't tried it yet.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but the C&P I've had recently had 100% cotton cloths rather than the pure muslin -is there a difference or is it cost cutting?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but the C&P I've had recently had 100% cotton cloths rather than the pure muslin -is there a difference or is it cost cutting?

Muslin is cotton. It's a name for a type of cotton fabric, and apparently takes its name from Mosul (town in Iraq). So it hasn't changed.
Lots of different fabric names are different types fabrics (eg: denim named for Nimes in France).

I used to look forward to the LE TSVs but I also hate the Shampoo and Conditioner so this will be a miss for me too. Besides, I recently stocked up on the fab C&P offer on their own website! I have been enjoying the C&P, IBST and Eyebright since Liz's first appearances on QVC many moons ago but there are certain products my skin doesn't like.....hence the reason for a few items for sale in The Drop if anyone's interested.

As for the hessian-type bags......I also preferred the more structured ones of years ago and still own the first pale pink zipped vanity case as an extra in her very first TSV!

I used to look forward to the LE TSVs but I also hate the Shampoo and Conditioner so this will be a miss for me too. Besides, I recently stocked up on the fab C&P offer on their own website! I have been enjoying the C&P, IBST and Eyebright since Liz's first appearances on QVC many moons ago but there are certain products my skin doesn't like.....hence the reason for a few items for sale in The Drop if anyone's interested.

As for the hessian-type bags......I also preferred the more structured ones of years ago and still own the first pale pink zipped vanity case as an extra in her very first TSV!

I don't get or like a lot of the bags which are done with the sets on QVC. If it's a proper toiletry bag, that's one thing, but what is essentially a shopping bag...??????

I really like the same products as you (C&P, IBST, Eyebright) but it worries me that there is so much surreptitious reformulation going on. All this "improvement", which has become the favoured euphemism for cost cutting, seems to result in people who previously used products with no ill-effects suddenly having problems. It's not just Liz Earle, but any number of beauty/skin care/bodycare companies who are at it. I don't think they do enough testing with people when they reformulate... they seem to be satisfied with what their calculators tell them first and foremost. It's not good enough.

A few years ago I used C&P, then I tried the alpha-H cleanser, then I tried philosophy Purity - then I knew I had found THE one :)

If you like paying for fancy packaging then you won`t like this.
If you like brands which pay out millions for advertising or high street shops, then you won`t like this.
If you think paying a lot always means you always get better, then you won`t like this.
And if you like to listen to lots of hype, then you won`t like this.
BUT if you like a simple, handmade cleanser which is suitable for normal/dry/sensitive skin, can be used to remove eye makeup as well as cleanse your face, is used as a hot cloth cleanser comes in simple packaging and doesn`t contain nasties or parabens, costs £5 for 250ml, then this is it.
http://www.naturallythinking.com/cosmetic-bases/cucumber-cleanser.html

And for normal to oily skin or skin prone to breakouts and also sensitive this is the other option.
http://www.naturallythinking.com/cosmetic-bases/cleanser.html

Both are simple cleansing bases without perfumes or essential oils which can irritate skin and are safe to use on the eyes. I buy a litre bottle for £9 and one of their pumps which fits the bottle for around 50p.

A few years ago I used C&P, then I tried the alpha-H cleanser, then I tried philosophy Purity - then I knew I had found THE one :)

I haven't tried Philosophy's Purity, but I would like too.
Are you saying this is your 'the one'?

i loved purity but gave me spots. prefer alpha h the creamy cleanser. must see if i can get the wash off one in furure

Bottom line, no cleanser will work for everyone. Skin types vary, skin sensitivities vary, and reactions to the scents of different ingredients vary. Plus our expectations of how our skins should feel will vary.

I remove every cleanser, bar micellar water (never used the oil) with a damp flannel, and always use a toner afterwards. That's just what I prefer to do. I like a richer cleanser, the majority of the time... but as long as you find your own holy grail cleanser that gives you the results you value most highly, at a price you are happy to pay, that's all absolutely fine. And let's face it, over time our skin evolves and needs different things to make it feel comfortable (which is my main goal with my skin).

I do still enjoy using Cleanse & Polish - particularly the original one, and I really rate Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser, but I like a balm cleanser the best.

anather one i have been using for months is the superdrug B creamy glycolic cleanser. you get a look a like muslin cloth. very good at getting rid of ultrasun high factor from your face. and obviously very very smooth glowing skin

Latest posts

Back