Liz Earle TSV 16/07/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Great! I knew it would be like this! :) By the way, you forgot the bag! ;-)

Not for me.
Just started using the last TSV and incorporating those products with the TSV from October, as I still have the majority of those products.

Not for me either. Can't use LE now since they've changed the formulation of the cleanse & polish. Breaks me out in too many spots especially along the jaw line.

Won't buy either because what can I say? Soo many products, but just one face and body.... And I cannot afford to buy every TSV there is. I am waiting for the Elemis one this month.

Not for me, when I tried the shampoo and conditioner I hated them. The shampoo stripped colour, even though it says colour safe on the tube.

Not for me either. Can't use LE now since they've changed the formulation of the cleanse & polish. Breaks me out in too many spots especially along the jaw line.

I hadn't used c&p for years until that October TSV and I must admit it brought me out in spots too, especially around my chin area. I presumed it was because I hadn't used it in a while, but I wonder if it was because of a change in formula.

Did they change Cleanse & Polish?

Off topic: I am using the Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser from Superdrug. It is really huge and I like it very much (for variation ;-)), unfortunately I can't get it here and as for now, Superdrug don't ship internationally.

i WON'T BOTHER, I DO WISH THEY WOULD GIVE US SOME OF THE INCLUDED BAGS THEY ONCE DID, I CAN'T STAND THOSE COTTON THINGS OR HESSIAN TYPES I THROW THOSE AWAY. I HAVE ALL THE OLD VERY WELL MADE BAGS THEY USED TO GIVE, AND WISH THEY'D BRING SOME BACK.

I won't bother either -I'm still paying for the last TSV and I also don't rate the shampoo & conditioner. Someone mentioned the C&P formula changing and bringing them out in spots -I fear this might be happening to me & I have gallons of the stuff to use up :doh:

I am not keen on the shampoo and conditioner. I loved the smell but it did nothing for my hair. It left the roots greasy and ends dry, coarse and unmanageable. I wasn't impressed. I will be having money yet again!

Someone mentioned the C&P formula changing and bringing them out in spots -I fear this might be happening to me & I have gallons of the stuff to use up :doh:

That was me & yes unfortunately I cannot use it any more. It used to be the limited edition ones which I couldn't use. I bought 3 of the sweet orange & mint c&p when they first came out as adored the smell of them. I ended up with really bad spots along my jaw line, chin & neck. I assumed it was hormonal due to my age (42) as I am not sensitive to any products & can use anything normally without a reaction. I went through a really horrible time. I tried everything I could think of to make them go away but nothing worked. It was a process of trial & elimination. Eventually I decided to try another cleanser & my skin cleared up within a few weeks. I couldn't believe that it was the cleanser that had caused the spots. The normal Liz Earle c&p I was fine with until they changed the formula. Now the new formula is very similar to the sweet orange & mint. Doesn't seem as creamy any more & sinks into your skin much quicker. I purchased the last TSV with the 200ml & within a few days of using my skin was starting to turn bad again. If anyone has started breaking out & wondering why, try stop using the cleanse & polish. You might be surprised!

That was me & yes unfortunately I cannot use it any more. It used to be the limited edition ones which I couldn't use. I bought 3 of the sweet orange & mint c&p when they first came out as adored the smell of them. I ended up with really bad spots along my jaw line, chin & neck. I assumed it was hormonal due to my age (42) as I am not sensitive to any products & can use anything normally without a reaction. I went through a really horrible time. I tried everything I could think of to make them go away but nothing worked. It was a process of trial & elimination. Eventually I decided to try another cleanser & my skin cleared up within a few weeks. I couldn't believe that it was the cleanser that had caused the spots. The normal Liz Earle c&p I was fine with until they changed the formula. Now the new formula is very similar to the sweet orange & mint. Doesn't seem as creamy any more & sinks into your skin much quicker. I purchased the last TSV with the 200ml & within a few days of using my skin was starting to turn bad again. If anyone has started breaking out & wondering why, try stop using the cleanse & polish. You might be surprised!

Pickles1973, thank you so much for this - for one thing, I had no idea they changed the formulation (luckily I have a couple in my stash left over from what I hope was the original formulation - do you know when they changed it?) and I bought tons of the scented ones in the LE sale last year. I'm on the last one now but I never twigged it was that causing my breakouts and in exactly the same places you mention, I'm going to bin it immediately! I agree with you, the scented ones are much thinner in consistency AND they make my eyes sting so I've been using a separate eye makeup remover - defeats the object a bit!

What would you recommend as a replacement? From experimenting with other brands, I like the Elemis pro-radiance cream cleanser and the Decleor micellar oil (NOT the water as that's like pouring soap into my eyes)

Thanks again!

I didn't realise that C+P had changed formula but l had suspected it. I have noticed the consistency is much thinner than it used to be and you can't massage it as well as you used to be able to do. Out of all cleansing products I have tried my favourite is the Ellemis Cleansing Balm.

They have changed the formula but only to comply with EU rules on the ingredients. One "preservative" has had to be removed. No idea what they've replaced it with and no idea what they actually removed.

They have changed the formula but only to comply with EU rules on the ingredients. One "preservative" has had to be removed. No idea what they've replaced it with and no idea what they actually removed.

Yes I read that earlier when I googled it - old cynic that I am, if it was as simple as one ingredient having to be replaced with another one in order to comply with EU regs, wouldn't you just be open and transparent and tell people which ingredients were swapped out???? I couldn't find any further details anywhere...

Pickles1973, thank you so much for this - for one thing, I had no idea they changed the formulation (luckily I have a couple in my stash left over from what I hope was the original formulation - do you know when they changed it?) and I bought tons of the scented ones in the LE sale last year. I'm on the last one now but I never twigged it was that causing my breakouts and in exactly the same places you mention, I'm going to bin it immediately! I agree with you, the scented ones are much thinner in consistency AND they make my eyes sting so I've been using a separate eye makeup remover - defeats the object a bit!

What would you recommend as a replacement? From experimenting with other brands, I like the Elemis pro-radiance cream cleanser and the Decleor micellar oil (NOT the water as that's like pouring soap into my eyes)

Thanks again!

Happy to help hun. It drove me crazy for a good 6 months or more before I realised. The thing is that cleanse & polish has such good reviews that I never thought it could be the problem. I swear by Alpha H triple action cleanser & would totally reccomend. It cleared my skin up great. My skin now looks the best it has in a long long time. The balancing one is also nice as its a cream cleanser. The triple action is more of a gel. I use it in the same way as cleanse & polish. Just rub it in then use a nice hot face cloth to remove it.
Good luck! I hope your skin improves. I'm sure it will:) xxxxx

Latest posts

Back