Liz Earle TSV 16/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Let's not forget that Liz Earle as a brand is part of Avon, and that Liz herself seems to be limited to contractual appearances on QVC in terms of promoting the brand. She's no longer involved in the company apart from that, as far as I know.

I don't think Liz has had any work done on her lips, I think it's the bright lipstick she is wearing, as normally she goes for more of a peachy-nude lipcolour.

They have sold all of the 25,000 stock of the TSV - that's £1.25m even before P&P and before the Advance Orders are added!

They have sold all of the 25,000 stock of the TSV - that's £1.25m even before P&P and before the Advance Orders are added!

I think there you have the appeal of QVC to the various brands. Even if they make relatively little profit, it must bring down the cost of production and therefore increase the profit on what they sell elsewhere. For a beauty brand in particular, the opportunity to make that sort of money in a single day must be irresistible.

If that brand is selling that TSV across a number of selly telly platforms in different countries - the amount that the 24 hours each in UK, in Italy, Germany, Japan, China and US will bring in is phenomenal for the company's finances. Add in the other non-QVC platforms across the world and you're talking multiple millions of pounds in turnover.

I think there you have the appeal of QVC to the various brands. Even if they make relatively little profit, it must bring down the cost of production and therefore increase the profit on what they sell elsewhere. For a beauty brand in particular, the opportunity to make that sort of money in a single day must be irresistible.

If that brand is selling that TSV across a number of selly telly platforms in different countries - the amount that the 24 hours each in UK, in Italy, Germany, Japan, China and US will bring in is phenomenal for the company's finances. Add in the other non-QVC platforms across the world and you're talking multiple millions of pounds in turnover.

Absolutely right. Liz Earle must love these days, what with all the other sets and indivudual teams they will sell on the shows today as well, many or most with a bigger profit per item. As you say, multiply that by the number of shows in the various countries, and it's probably hundreds of millions for them as well as QVC.

Are there any OTOs coming up, now that we are on advanced orders already?

Thanks Ian, dind't know that.

Actually they may have OTO's it depends on how desperately they want to shift the stock of the advanced orders, sometimes when a TSV goes to advanced orders they dont bother airing it and show OTO's instead , its happened many times with beauty TSV's.

Actually they may have OTO's it depends on how desperately they want to shift the stock of the advanced orders, sometimes when a TSV goes to advanced orders they dont bother airing it and show OTO's instead , its happened many times with beauty TSV's.

There will definitely need to be an OTO in the 11pm show. All of the advanced orders have "officially" sold out... and it's showing as no longer available on the website.

Had my TSV today. Not sure I much like the scent of the body lotion, reminds me of school liquid soap. Caroline said it was designed to compliment Fragrance No 1 so I'll try them together see if that is better.

Decided not to go for this TSV but would be interested in the Skin Tonic if anyone wants to offload......:mysmilie_504:

Had my TSV today. Not sure I much like the scent of the body lotion, reminds me of school liquid soap. Caroline said it was designed to compliment Fragrance No 1 so I'll try them together see if that is better.

What did you think of the presentation of your tsv?

I have usually either been given liz Earle as gifts by a friend who buys from her direct, or maybe a Christmas tsv for myself. They have lasts been in a gift box or bag or nicely packaged (with Liz Earle 'stuff' not just nicely wrapped by my lovely pal!).

Anyway I bought this tsv for my mum's birthday as she's never tried the brand. I knew that it didn't come with a toiletry bag or anything of that sort but I was really disappointed in it upon opening, especially given it's the best part of £60 inc p&p. the box it was sent (posted) in was the only box. I opened it to find a little leaflet on the products, then all there was were the items wrapped in twos or threes in plain white paper (not Liz Earle branded or anything).
It just looks like a jumble and not a set in any way at all...

Given they harp on about gifting so much maybe I was expecting too much! Any thoughts?
If I'd bought an order from Liz Earle direct would I have faired any better?!

Me and a friend shared the TSV, I thought the packaging was perfectly fine to be honest, enjoyed unwrapping it all and digging further into the box.

Anyway, I don't think much of the shower gel, it doesn't foam at all, and I know it doesn't have SLS so that's the whole point of it, but it's a peculiarly viscous texture so you have to use a large amount, it's very wasteful. Good for profit with repeat purchasers I suppose!

Well after my disappointment in the presentation of the tsv as a gift and at the price, I decided to place my first ever order via Liz Earle direct. I got the June essentials set (£45 with free special edition c&p pump in anniversary canister and free Eyebright), plus added an IBST spritzer to take order over £50 and get me 3 free travel sizes AND free 15ml neroli super skin!! It came extremely quickly and I'm thrilled with it as I know my mum shall be :)

It was sent in a similar box to the qvc tsv BUT the whole box was lined in Liz Earle embossed tissue paper and sealed with a duck egg sticker - vast improvement on the qvc jumble!

Latest posts

Back