Laura Geller TSV - 06/08/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm still waiting for mine, though it said it had shipped on Monday. Harrumph.
Any sign of yours yet Jude?

Got it! My lovely OH picked it up for me. I really like the porcelain, I tried it out asap as couldn't wait but really need to see it in the natural light.

Blusher - not sure as mostly bronzer and highlighter with a thin strip of pink so will probably stick to my No 7 one.

Mascara - really liked it, made my lashes very long and no clumping (one stroke of the wand each eye only). I think LG mentioned the mascara does tint the lashes as well.

Eyeshadow - very nice, the rimz doesn't go as dark as I'd like for liner so will probably just use as a smoky eye shadow, the paler brown/gold shadow is very nice though.

Lipstick - lovely but not much shine, so will be topping up with gloss.

Overall I'm very pleased with this, hopefully they bring the porcelain as a stand alone as I really think this will be fab for autumn/winter. I did need to add a sweep of the fair on top tonight so will see in the morning.

Comparing it to BE I would say its closer to the Fair option (the very palest BE shade), the Fairly light BE is in between Porcelain and Fair in LG. For me I prefer the LG as it is much more matte than the usual BE (don't like the matte BE as the coverage isn't as good). HTH! x

Mine arrived yesterday too. Certainly looks lovely in the box, haven't tried anything yet. Not sure about black mascara as I always wear brown or brown/black.

Mine arrived yesterday - totally love the porcelain B&B - much better for me than the Fair (although I will use my compact up!) Love it all apart from the mascara, which really didn't agree with my eyes. I found it messy to apply, and then simply couldn't remove it - even with a strong eye make up remover. This morning my eyes are sore. But, it's a minor quibble considering everything else in the kit is top notch!

Mine arrived yesterday and I love it! The lipstick is possibly my favourite ever, perfect balm-like texture with a creamy nude tint. The only thing I think could be improved is the blusher - my 'pink' strip was too thin to be able to get a fat blusher brush over and there was too much of the browny shade. I can't see the brown blusher suiting many complexions. More of the pink blush would have been better or at least an equal split of brown and pink. Having said that, the value is excellent and I love the other products.

Are there any reviews anywhere on the QVC site for this?
That's the problem when things sell out, you can't read the reviews of what others think, all I get is the out of stock notice when I put in the item number.

Well this morning I woke up looking like Chi Chi after spending ages last night trying to get that awful mascara off!
I really don't like the mascara,which is disappointing :( but love the rest of the kit :)

:mysmilie_503:Well QVC finally got their thumbs out of their @rses and shipped my TSV on the 9th but no sign as yet!

Tick tock QVC tick tock! :clock: :mysmilie_503:

Tried the mascara today and got it everywhere while getting the hang of the brush. I used a cotton bud with the clinique eye make up remover, the one you have to shake to mix the oil/water and it dissolved straight away so recommend this to take it off.
This mascara is definately long wear, I've just had a shower and used imperial leather soap and it's still there! Will keep this for my holidays as it looks like it will survive swimming pools.
Got the Clinique stuff as a free sample with a mag - so pleased I got it now :)

I've been in a fix with the mascara too, as it's very juicy. On mascara application, I like usually like to press up the lashes with the side of my first finger, mistake ended up with fingers thickly covered the LG black mascara.
Could we please if possible add to this thread eye make up removers that will gently and easily remove the mascara.
Their costs and where they can be purchased from please.
I can add that Liz Earle C&P, L'Occitane soap and Simple eye make up remover don't very easily remove it.
It does say in LG leaflet an oil based eye make up remover so looks like ones found so far found to do the trick are :
Clinique shake and mix one Oscar felix Jake has tried.
Bobbi Brown Oil Cleanser that Alison Young said she'd used to remove after the midnight TSV shows.
For the meanwhile my mascara will remain unused in my makeup bag, till I know I have something I can use to easily sting free remove it.

Any gentle oil or rich face cream should do it - you could get some good olive oil and keep a small bottle of that for make-up removal, Nivea gets rid of a lot of things, as well. I often use one of Posh Brats face cremes as a make-up remover, and she sells an oil-based cleanser, as well.

i have arrived in the uk to a shed load of lg parcels. i havent had a chance to look at the set properly but i did try the blusher in the NY minute set and it is lovely. sadly the balance and bronze in the other set thing is broken, a large lump is loose. i would hate to have to send it back but as it was going to be a gift i think i am going to have to

My set arrived yesterday and had a little play with it. I did the left side of my face only, and all I can say is "wow!" The blush looked really warm, even when I used the brown side mixed with the pink - I think the trick is not to be heavy handed. Then the high lighter - used under brow, inner corner of the eye, above the cheek bone and down the middle of my nose. It made me look like I was lit up, I can't even describe how good the effect was on my tired gave. Eye rimz, absolutley gorgeous when applied wet,and pretty long lasting. The mascara - literally did a couple of sweeps and it was enough, so again, less is more. It was tough getting it off with my usual A'kin clranser, but I didn't wake up with panda eyes, even though I applied some oil under my eyes before bed, so not too bothered. Also, I only wear mascara when dressing up. The only didapointment wad the lipstick shich, although lovely and moisturising, was a v. pale frosted colour on the lips.. All in all a gorgeous set, so I am well pleased.

Also happy that I got the In a NY minute set, with the Medium Deep concealer, as this is a much better match for me then the medium which I was using previously.

Didn't go for the TSV but how is everyone finding the lipstick as someone is saying this about it on the QVC FB page?

"it's so funny how you say you lipstick is a nude shad mine is browny/red wiv 1 tiny bit ov gold in xx"

"They all must be so diff xc"

" Mines not marbled at all it's got one tiny tiny gold bit in x"

I will not be trying the mascara until I get an oil based eye make-up remover. I put some mascara on the back of my hand and tried to remove it with Simple. It wouldn't budge. I then tried some olive oil and, with a bit of elbow grease, it came off. I think someone here mentioned No7 eye make-up remover as being good.

The lipstick colour is Berry Banana. Well if I apply mine in the usual way it is banana which does nothing for me. However if I wind the lipstick up and apply it sideways it is berry and definitely more pleasing. I certainly wouldn't repurchase. Even if the lipstick had been perfect there is too much inconsistency with these marbled products.

I thought Laura said the mascara tinted the lashes for upto 5 days, so when you take it off it's not completely removed.

Latest posts

Back