Julia's Book

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I watched her going on about her book and was more than flabbergasted. She certainly deserves 11 out of ten for nerve, thick skin and downright inflated self importance. What on earth has given her the idea she is important enough that people want to read about her. As someone already said, she is an ex-chorus girl who now sells things on tv for goodness sake. On the same basis as her we could all write a book about our lives, many people do - actually it is a daily diary but they don't have it published. If it was April lst I would think it was some sort of sick joke.

I heard that an all star Hollywood movie of the book has been commisioned, apparantly Spielburg and Dench are leading production and starring role, unfortunatley John Spielburg cant act and Judi Dench is a rookie producer.

Ive heard the release date of the book is 01/04/2013 can anyone confirm this :mysmilie_506:

IF A portion of this book sale goes to charity, I might consider a purchase, but I am already assuming it will be only useful to bump up the flames on the fireplace. I wonder if she will mention her much beloved 'failed' football team as she once chanted on air "we are premier league, we are premier league" Which was totally inappropriate during a jewellery hour. Maybe now JR might add the word "not" to that chant.....

What is there to tell?

1 Appeared in Citizen Smith (walk on beach role)
2 Hostess pointing at prizes in a game show
3 Advert for building society
4 Posed in raunchy photos with 'partner's' band/group (whatever)
5 Dancer (cruise ships? - she cant tap dance though)
6 2 children, who we KNOW are called Soaf and Danny
7 Luxury villa abroad with infinity pool (how come she didn't fall off the end when swimming 100 lengths ???)
8 Supports low level football team (and don't we know it)
9 Career zenith - sales assistant on the ultimate in shopping channels
10 Author (?)

There you are, now what else do we all need to know ?????

She really has no shame at all , everytime i see her on air she manages to make wotever is on air some how realted to something in her book, diet chef the other night she mentioned it non stop, someome needs to tell her she mayb a celeb and queen bee at qvc but in the real world shes a nobody. The only celebrity thing about her is her name.

12. She's got dancer's calves

13. Purple is her favourite colour

14. She flirts with Simon Wilson

15. Pilates has given her the enviable svelte figure which many QVC customers aim for!!

She really has no shame at all , everytime i see her on air she manages to make wotever is on air some how realted to something in her book, diet chef the other night she mentioned it non stop, someome needs to tell her she mayb a celeb and queen bee at qvc but in the real world shes a nobody. The only celebrity thing about her is her name.

Thank goodness we haven't seen this JR on our screens with hairy armpits though.......:cheeky:

So I asked our print publishing director at work what it would cost to produce 5000 copies of a 300 page book and he reckons that without loads of photos it would come in about £12,000. I can't imagine there would be much licensing of photos/lyrics etc (which is often what bumps up the cost of producing a book) so if they retail for £19.95 that's just short of 100k in sales. Allowing for the print cost and QVC taking their cut, she still stands to make at least 50k out of this vanity project! Do we reckon there are 5000 customers out there insane enough to buy it?!

If it was called "Get Down and Dirty" - the whole unabridged version of QVC's set up - no holds barred, I might buy a copy.

16. She does a great impression of Max Wall in her leggings and toe posts...LOL

I wonder what that silly old tart would have to write a book about? She was born Julia Maxwell, worked as an actress, then on cable TV. Did an audition with QVC and was compared to mushroom soup by one of the American owners and has remained in situ ever since!

Looks as though she has a few to shift! Brace yourself for an extract: http://blogs.qvcuk.com/julia_robert...l?cm_re=PROMOTIONS-_-eSpotHome-6-_-Promo_Blog

'You're probably not going to be interested in this,' said Jo, my agent's second-in-command, 'but you've been asked to go for an audition for a new shopping channel tomorrow morning at 10 a.m.'
'Isn't it rather short notice?' I asked. It was 5.30 p.m. and Jo would normally have left for the day.
'Well, apparently someone has dropped out and you were on the reserve list after we sent them your showreel last week.'
'I'm not sure. What will I have to do?'
'You need to choose an object and sell it to them for approximately ten minutes. I know it isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it would be good experience and might get you noticed.'
'OK then, if you think it would be a good stepping stone. What's the address?'
And that was it. Out of the blue, I was a last-minute replacement to fill up the audition list.

Jude xx

Last edited:
Signed 5,000 copies! Goodness! And she is with a major publishing house. Wonder if it will be available via outlets other than QVC. :wave:

Latest posts

Back