Jill Franks you are out of line.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Folks are jumping to her defence on Fb, saying those who criticise her are nothing but witches. Well here`s to flying my broomstick and now i know why cats have that bare bit around their bum, it`s so you can stick on the velcro and attach it to the broomstick without hurting it. Am off to find the cat and take a flight over Fb land ....

I usually try not to say much about JF because I didn't know if she really is like she seems or just unluckily comes across badly. But then, if you're a tv presenter then for our purposes there is no difference is there? I only really watch if I'm interested in a particular range and that rarely happens now, but if it is JF then I'd still have to switch off. So many people say the same that I'm surprised she is kept on or has good sales figures. Didn't see last night but can imagine, sadly.

I can't understand how Jill Franks manages to get so many high status slots when she is clearly so unpopular with the viewers. The more negative the feedback the more determined QVC seem to be ramming her down our throats. She seems to get an awful lot of TSV launches and popular brand presentations, What has she done to deserve such loyalty from QVC? Is it purely based on sales? I order despite her presentations not because of them.

There are more negative posts about her on this forum than any other presenter and yet she's still there. Interestingly. I'm amaaaazed at her still getting the work, rather cleverly I can see how her presenting style gets on most peoples nerves. Honestly, I think I'll have to stop watching for the sake of my mental health. Even if she only has 10 left in stock and needs me on the phone and keeps repeating my item number ad infinitum I will not be jumping to her sales pitch.

Folks are jumping to her defence on Fb, saying those who criticise her are nothing but witches. Well here`s to flying my broomstick and now i know why cats have that bare bit around their bum, it`s so you can stick on the velcro and attach it to the broomstick without hurting it. Am off to find the cat and take a flight over Fb land ....

Can I ride "shotgun" please?

I can't understand how Jill Franks manages to get so many high status slots when she is clearly so unpopular with the viewers.

Perhaps, "hubby" - aka Larry Franks, of Beige - handles the PR account for QVC and/ or the brands that Jill is flogging.

I know this is off topic but when I saw the title of the thread I thought oh someone else has noticed as I thought, that it was alluding to the promo she does where she looks as though she has a scoliosis of the spine lurching badly to one side even when she straightens up she slowly starts to bend to one side again !!
I find her insincere compared to some of the other presenters and as I said in another thread the " I need you on those phones " really is annoying in the extreme!!

I know this is off topic but when I saw the title of the thread I thought oh someone else has noticed as I thought, that it was alluding to the promo she does where she looks as though she has a scoliosis of the spine lurching badly to one side even when she straightens up she slowly starts to bend to one side again !!
I find her insincere compared to some of the other presenters and as I said in another thread the " I need you on those phones " really is annoying in the extreme!!

She has scoliosis actually. Well she's said it many times.

I can't understand how Jill Franks manages to get so many high status slots when she is clearly so unpopular with the viewers. The more negative the feedback the more determined QVC seem to be ramming her down our throats. She seems to get an awful lot of TSV launches and popular brand presentations, What has she done to deserve such loyalty from QVC? Is it purely based on sales? I order despite her presentations not because of them.

But do people really stay up in anticipation of the tsv any more? There are very few that sell out early these days. I'm relieved if the worst presenters get the tsv launch - at least I'll be safely in my bed.

You could be right, Ben Frugal. The launch of a new TSV used to be a closely held secret and the anticipation was quite something when it was a really good brand, but now it's just, meh...whatever, and as you say, if it's JF I don't bother at all. I did think, though, that there was a bit of presenter rivalry for that slot. Maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe the tsv carries more weight with those who don't read the forum Huggles. We are very spoilt by SCW. Even so, I wouldn't want that slot if I worked for qvc. Once the initial midnight flurry of sales has past you still have the best part of 2 hours to waffle on to a handful of insomniacs and don't get home until heaven knows when.

What I do find annoying is if I want to watch a video presentation the next day and find a dreaded unwatchable presenter.

She annoys me too.
I know she ALWAYS wears that certain Nails Inc colour, can't remember the name now but a few months ago she was raving with Leighton Denny about his polishes and she actually said to him that when she goes to her local salon who uses another brand to get her nails done, she took he LD polishes with her!!!! Bloomin cheek! x

I wonder whether this tale will have been edited next time she's on a Nails Inc or OPI show? Hmmmn I'm not sure she has the brains to remember!

She annoys me too.
I know she ALWAYS wears that certain Nails Inc colour, can't remember the name now but a few months ago she was raving with Leighton Denny about his polishes and she actually said to him that when she goes to her local salon who uses another brand to get her nails done, she took he LD polishes with her!!!! Bloomin cheek! x

Yet she always bangs on about how she does her own nails!!!!

She annoys me too.

I thought she was wearing a different shade during the TSV show it seemed more lilacly IYKWIM but I'm not well up on nail colours so could be wrong

Latest posts

Back