Jess Foley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jess was awful last night. She was flogging a pretty ugly blue baroque pearl necklace and she just went on and on that Charlie Barron had seen a single pearl similar to what was in the necklace being sold for a quarter of a million pounds at auction. Sounds good until you noticed the on screen graphics stating that the Gems pearls were dyed.
Absolutely shameless IMO.

Jess was awful last night. She was flogging a pretty ugly blue baroque pearl necklace and she just went on and on that Charlie Barron had seen a single pearl similar to what was in the necklace being sold for a quarter of a million pounds at auction. Sounds good until you noticed the on screen graphics stating that the Gems pearls were dyed.
Was it under £30 though? Good price for a baroque freshwater necklace if so, as Ellis was selling it during pearl paradise for double or more. At least Gems tell you the treatment. Check out TVSN in Australia. Occasionally they note if something is treated or natural and the grade. They sell diamonds without a grading and people are happy to over pay.

Attachments

• IMG_4860.png
    IMG_4860.png
    471.8 KB · Views: 0
Was it under £30 though? Good price for a baroque freshwater necklace if so, as Ellis was selling it during pearl paradise for double or more. At least Gems tell you the treatment. Check out TVSN in Australia. Occasionally they note if something is treated or natural and the grade. They sell diamonds without a grading and people are happy to over pay.
I don't know, I switched off when they dropped the price from £999.00 to £499.00 and Jess opened her mouth that wide in fake shock that I thought she was in danger of dislocating her jaw.

I don't know, I switched off when they dropped the price from £999.00 to £499.00 and Jess opened her mouth that wide in fake shock that I thought she was in danger of dislocating her jaw.
Haha! It is a bit awkward, not sure where to look.

I caught a bit of Germolene Lavatory presenting on Hobbymaker. Absolutely dire. I think that Jess Absolutely, Dimsy Lindsay and Hattie are equally awful.

Hattie may shout and drive people mad with her hyperactivity, but at least she has some knowledge.

Unlike Jess Foley and Lindsey Carr, who are both completely out of their depth and completely wing it on a daily basis.

Jess has announced she is going to be a mother and after a gender reveal, they are doing a pink show. I just switched on to see a hideous hot pink dyed quartz ring. I wonder who will cover her maternity leave, they do seem rather short staffed. I saw Adina is off until mid-August too
Perhaps she'll call her Topaz Alex Ann and when the girl, assuming it is a girl :p gets married her surname will become Drite. And with that daft comment, I do hope the child doesn't inherit their mother's mouth, especially if she feeds them 'naturally'. It'd be like having one of those old heated suction glasses attached to her. Didn't say that, did I?

They have Milly who I like, and maybe Jeff can also pop in more often. Poppy could pick up more shifts, and possibly Rosie from hobbymaker. Wasn’t someone already on maternity leave? They might come back? Jess has bundles of energy being 6 months, I think she has even done some of those 8 hour shifts (should be illegal as well as those 3 hour blocks for CBD oil and vitamin shows😩). She is doing very well and I wish her the very best.
Not one of my favourite presenters, but joking aside, I wish her well, and the litlun as and when. Maybe when / if she comes back she'll be a little more sedate.

I saw her earlier today talking about Alexandrite being a 'million times rarer than.....' Toby politely corrected her. They were talking about Legacy Alexandrite and 'talking' Russian, and when they showed them, they were Indian. I thought they'd got some original: Not that I would have bought any.

Hattie may shout and drive people mad with her hyperactivity, but at least she has some knowledge.

Unlike Jess Foley and Lindsey Carr, who are both completely out of their depth and completely wing it on a daily basis.
Watching a re-run of the morning show. Jess was flogging an '13' diamond cluster and described it as having 'the most amazing level of fire and sparkle.' The so-called diamonds had about as much sparkle as sandpaper!

I thought that Jess would be a mature mum thinking she was around 37/38 years old. Something I heard her say made me think she might be younger. Does anyone know her age?

I thought that Jess would be a mature mum thinking she was around 37/38 years old. Something I heard her say made me think she might be younger. Does anyone know her age?

According to her LinkedIn page, she left 6th form of secondary school in 2010 - so she'd have been 18 then.

That would make her 31/32 now.

I was surprised to hear Lindsey Carr saying that her 40th birthday is approaching too. I thought she was older. Unless she's forgotten her date of birth - which wouldn't surprise me at all with Lindsey.

According to her LinkedIn page, she left 6th form of secondary school in 2010 - so she'd have been 18 then.

That would make her 31/32 now.

I was surprised to hear Lindsey Carr saying that her 40th birthday is approaching too. I thought she was older. Unless she's forgotten her date of birth - which wouldn't surprise me at all with Lindsey.
Even including her toes this would only enable her to add up to 20. After that a fog descended, so I'd not rely on this being accurate.

Not been here for a while as I felt it had gone from a bit of banter, which I freely admit I joined in with, to just perpetual nastiness and spiteful comments about prtsonal appearance.

It seems to have got worse.
Speaking personally, I've not made any comments about personal appearance, but I call it as I see it about Lindsay & Jess as presenters. In my opinion, Lindsay in particular is inaccurate in the information she gives, doesn't think before she speaks so what she says is often meaningless gobbledegook, and doesn't impress as being well-prepared for the shows she presents. If you're watching a show selling jewellery, most people want to know something factual about the gemstones, the metal and the design of the item the TV channel are selling; what you don't need is (a) a whole lot of irrelevant gabble such as 'oh, you could be paying four times as much for this elsewhere', 'we're losing money here' - and so on and (b) comparing the item they're selling with something else flashed up quickly on screen that is not comparable at all - just for example: much heavier carat weight of stones, different metal used, heavier metal weights, different gemstones. Doing this assumes the customers are idiots - no company is in business to lose money, business doesn't work that way, and if they treat people as though they are daft, then they invite legitimate criticism.

Praise the item, yeah - they are selling it, after all - but don't make wild, extravagant claims.

Last edited:
Speaking personally, I've not made any comments about personal appearance, but I call it as I see it about Lindsay & Jess as presenters. In my opinion, Lindsay in particular is inaccurate in the information she gives, doesn't think before she speaks so what she says is often meaningless gobbledegook, and doesn't impress as being well-prepared for the shows she presents. If you're watching a show selling jewellery, most people want to know something factual about the gemstones, the metal and the design of the item the TV channel are selling; what you don't need is (a) a whole lot of irrelevant gabble such as 'oh, you could be paying four times as much for this elsewhere', 'we're losing money here' - and so on and (b) comparing the item they're selling with something else flashed up quickly on screen that is not comparable at all - just for example: much heavier carat weight of stones, different metal used, heavier metal weights, different gemstones. Doing this assumes the customers are idiots - no company is in business to lose money, business doesn't work that way, and if they treat people as though they are daft, then they invite legitimate criticism.

Praise the item, yeah - they are selling it, after all - but don't make wild, extravagant claims.
Apart from comments about Jake, I don't recall anyone making comments about personal appearance anyway.

Lindsey gets comments about her being thick because, well, she's thick. It's as simple as that.

If the presenters are happy insulting the intelligence of viewers in order to get sales, and happy to mislead and use other dubious tactics too, then they deserve the flack and insults they get back.

Some presenters, such as Jeff, or Steph, or Nick, never get targeted on here. Because they more 'genuine' than other presenters.

The ones that get targeted on here, are the ones that target the vulnerable more on TV.

So basically, if they give it out, they get it back. If they don't give it out, they safe.

Apart from comments about Jake, I don't recall anyone making comments about personal appearance anyway.

Lindsey gets comments about her being thick because, well, she's thick. It's as simple as that.

If the presenters are happy insulting the intelligence of viewers in order to get sales, and happy to mislead and use other dubious tactics too, then they deserve the flack and insults they get back.

Some presenters, such as Jeff, or Steph, or Nick, never get targeted on here. Because they more 'genuine' than other presenters.

The ones that get targeted on here, are the ones that target the vulnerable more on TV.

So basically, if they give it out, they get it back. If they don't give it out, they safe.
Katie Elliott came in for a lot of nasty comments regarding her nails and hygiene, which I found very unnecessary. Some times people do go too far, not nice.

Not sure I've seen truly nasty posts, except by the occasional troll who comes out from under the bridge. The nails thing? Well, hygiene is the immediate thing that stands out with those. I've seen shocking raw then cooked chicken videos with people wearing false nails that range from decorative to velociraptor. For a beauty show, it is probably unnecessary but truly nasty, not sure. Horses for courses I guess.

Katie Elliott came in for a lot of nasty comments regarding her nails and hygiene, which I found very unnecessary. Some times people do go too far, not nice.

I can't recall everything that was said - but I vaguely remember comments such as 'how does she wipe?', etc - which I would say are more tongue in cheek than insulting.

I think the only time I've been insulting was towards that Suzy woman that has taken over the 'Sundar' range from Lynn Jinks. That was ironic sarcasm though because she was selling a stone that she claimed 'helps your skin retain youthful looks' or something along those lines - which made me laugh considering she could be anything between 50 to 80 years old.

When they come out with ludicrous claims like that, then they're asking for trouble in my opinion.

I've had similar swipes at Ellis, who swears by Steve's Primal stuff - yet she was Ill three times in the space of a couple of months.

Admittedly, I've been harsh on Jake in the past - but the others have only had flack from me when it's been ironic sarcasm.

Latest posts

Back