Jess Foley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a 'thing' for labradorite: got cabs galore off JM. In various shades and locations: well the two locations I know of. Anyhoo, my first foray into it turned out to be Larvikite. (A 'black' version, as you probably know). So, Jess is saying the only labradorite in the museum they have is black. Soooo, she's professing it's labradorite, but it's probably larvikite. Why try and equate the madagascan version with a black version, when they are completely different to look at?

I have a 'thing' for labradorite: got cabs galore off JM. In various shades and locations: well the two locations I know of. Anyhoo, my first foray into it turned out to be Larvikite. (A 'black' version, as you probably know). So, Jess is saying the only labradorite in the museum they have is black. Soooo, she's professing it's labradorite, but it's probably larvikite. Why try and equate the madagascan version with a black version, when they are completely different to look at?

Because she's as bad as Lindsey Carr for coming out with pure bulls**t.

I can't wait for her to go on maternity leave.

Absolutely.

She’s flogging Visage perfume, when I first looked I thought she had a piece of cake in her hand. Put it on hold whilst I prepared my salad for dinner. Now 25 minutes in and still no price. How do they turn a profit, with two presenters selling absolutely nothing in that period of time?

Flipping heck. I wonder how many shoehorns it took to get the woman with scragged back hair into that sparkly dress?

She’s flogging Visage perfume, when I first looked I thought she had a piece of cake in her hand. Put it on hold whilst I prepared my salad for dinner. Now 25 minutes in and still no price. How do they turn a profit, with two presenters selling absolutely nothing in that period of time?

Flipping heck. I wonder how many shoehorns it took to get the woman with scragged back hair into that sparkly dress?
And it looks like she's got an Arthur Ivy on. Can't get close enough to make sure. Bit 'dogs dinner' isn't it? Also, it may be a nice smell, but boredom and dying there of comes to mind.

It’s a joke. Absolutely.

Seriously though, they could have sold so much in the last hour that I genuinely believe that they really are struggling for stock. What other reason can there be for spending an hour flogging some perfume that 99.99% of the country have never even heard of? Ridiculous

If they should sell 500 they’d get around £20k. Take out the two presenters salaries plus crew and call centre staff salaries, the amount they pay Sky, Virgin, Freeview etc they can’t be profitable. They seem to have a lot of shows with just one item an hour.

Just switched over again 2010hours and they’re still selling it.

Agree with Mr Marple, they have little stock of anything.

It didn’t say but I think it may well have been.
If it was Burmese ruby, these are usually just heat (normal). They won’t show larger clear Burmese due to cost, unless it’s for Lorique (why did they pick a name that looks like licorice) or Cavill, those are for the elite and quite rare in the market. I have a 3ct pave Burmese ruby ring that I got for a steal and the colour is beautiful. The large Malagasy and Bemainty cocktail rubies (big hearts etc) and some others (Bennett Vault, surprisingly) are filled glass. Opaque rubies with colour and heat only are good, but not as valuable as translucent heat only. They have these from Kenya ( and John Saul brand also) set in silver and they are actually impressive for the price. I have one of theirs from Montepuez for the stones- Yanni has noted the human cost of mining in this unstable region, so a bit of guilt, as with Burma/Myanmar.

Attachments

• IMG_5012.png
    IMG_5012.png
    357.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jess has just described a piece of jewellery as having ‘a movement of quality’.
Does anyone have a clue what she’s talking about?
No, me either.

Latest posts

Back