Presenters 'duetting'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
7 pm and I've just watched a few minutes of Jess and Toby, duetting over the presenting of some lip balm or another from a toiletries range. What is the point of having two presenters on screen when they are just talking over each other? It's virtually impossible to make head or tail of what they're saying, because each of them are saying something different. Switched over and on the Gem Collector side we have Emily giggling while presenting something called Egyptian Desert Glass. Good grief, can it get any worse? Looked like a piece of chalk from where I was viewing.

7 pm and I've just watched a few minutes of Jess and Toby, duetting over the presenting of some lip balm or another from a toiletries range. What is the point of having two presenters on screen when they are just talking over each other? It's virtually impossible to make head or tail of what they're saying, because each of them are saying something different. Switched over and on the Gem Collector side we have Emily giggling while presenting something called Egyptian Desert Glass. Good grief, can it get any worse? Looked like a piece of chalk from where I was viewing.
In the old days, some presenters 'needed' a sidekick, thinking Ali Defoy, as an example. Having someone to work against, made her better. Whereas, Ruth did well on her own, IMO. Regardless of being in a duo or otherwise, that was when they used to alternate-speak rather than over-speak. And I don't mind desert glass. Kind of like a desert version of Moldavite.

So that the 'guest' can tell us a long drawn out story while the presenter insults our intelligence by going "Wow", "NO WAY", "Dave, what are you doing? Do you know this is set into gold?", "I can't believe you got us this Dave, we're so lucky!", etc etc

Patronising waffle.

The whole reverse auction model is stupid. They also recycle a lot of items for auctions and then they show up on the breakfast sale wheel the next day. I like the Deb Cavill style presentations. Set price for 10 items in 10 flavours, 2 mins each with useful info about gem origin and design etc. or more sale wheel. They need to take the trashiness out of the shows, including the drawn out patronising, shouty auctions. Steve might be mentoring presenters to be entrepreneurs with their spin off brands? Looks more like amateur hour. Gemporia should just have gems and kimbie if it’s relevant (too much of late). Health and beauty should be out.

Trough and a presenter, I Haven’t seen before selling conch flower earrings with FW pearl and white topaz with shepherds hook findings. Can’t see what metal it’s set in. Selling (or not) for £149.

They look similar to the earrings I bought from Woolworths for my mum’s birthday in the 1950s. My sister bought her the matching brooch. We would’ve been around 6&7 years old and saved up our pocket money for and probably only cost about half a crown. Obviously not real stones or precious metal. When Mum died she still had kept the brooch but the earrings had long gone. Sister still has the brooch.

Trough and a presenter, I Haven’t seen before selling conch flower earrings with FW pearl and white topaz with shepherds hook findings. Can’t see what metal it’s set in. Selling (or not) for £149.

They look similar to the earrings I bought from Woolworths for my mum’s birthday in the 1950s. My sister bought her the matching brooch. We would’ve been around 6&7 years old and saved up our pocket money for and probably only cost about half a crown. Obviously not real stones or precious metal. When Mum died she still had kept the brooch but the earrings had long gone. Sister still has the brooch.
Probably be worth more than the DT offering. After all, yours are 'antique'. Plus they came with love attached: all the way to the day we are in at the moment :) x

Katti and Hattie on now with a lady who may be a customer. Hattie screeching as usual but nice to see Katti is not recycling by wearing a black bin bag. She’s demonstrating a blusher on said lady I hope she’s careful as those talons will have her eye out‼️⛔

Katti and Hattie on now with a lady who may be a customer. Hattie screeching as usual but nice to see Katti is not recycling by wearing a black bin bag. She’s demonstrating a blusher on said lady I hope she’s careful as those talons will have her eye out‼️⛔
Just noticed I put Not Recycling should be is NOW recycling

I wonder if KE will be looking for something else given her bestie has found another direction?

I said the same to a family member earlier.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see her either moving back into the make-up industry, or perhaps even 'going solo' with selling make up.

I said the same to a family member earlier.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see her either moving back into the make-up industry, or perhaps even 'going solo' with selling make up.
She has between 2,000-3,000 followers on insta and facebook, many are likely Gemporia watchers. She’s a relative nobody that has been lucky to get a beauty buyer job at Gemporia- likely sourcing from the same Chinese manufacturer as Kimbie. If she were to go it alone, she’d need to buy inventory and establish a set amount of guaranteed sales through social media etc to make a living. Gemporia gives her a salaried job (Steve still owns Visage) and free TV air time to customers that are likely to buy near on anything if you can “fling it in” the basket for £10. Visage could easily go down the same path of Destello as there is nothing special about it. People who want beauty products from TV will shop the reputable brands at QVC etc. She wouldn’t be suitable as a presenter on QVC or anywhere else either. Just can’t be taken seriously.

People who want beauty products from TV will shop the reputable brands at QVC etc. She wouldn’t be suitable as a presenter on QVC or anywhere else either. Just can’t be taken seriously.
I know less about make up than I do about the mating habits of the Lord Howe Island Tree Lobsters but, for sure, there has been chatter on QVC forums for years about China, animal testing and the "bunny mark" - way before Visage appeared. Not once have I seen KE or her "bestie" Hattie mention this.

She has between 2,000-3,000 followers on insta and facebook, many are likely Gemporia watchers. She’s a relative nobody that has been lucky to get a beauty buyer job at Gemporia- likely sourcing from the same Chinese manufacturer as Kimbie. If she were to go it alone, she’d need to buy inventory and establish a set amount of guaranteed sales through social media etc to make a living. Gemporia gives her a salaried job (Steve still owns Visage) and free TV air time to customers that are likely to buy near on anything if you can “fling it in” the basket for £10. Visage could easily go down the same path of Destello as there is nothing special about it. People who want beauty products from TV will shop the reputable brands at QVC etc. She wouldn’t be suitable as a presenter on QVC or anywhere else either. Just can’t be taken seriously.

Her background is make-up. Before she worked at Gemporia, she did make-up for celebrities.

I think you're underestimating her a bit.

If Lynn Jinks can go solo by trying to convince people that balancing a Sodalite on their big toe will cure them of all illness, then Kati certainly has the potential to earn a good living from make-up again.

Her background is make-up. Before she worked at Gemporia, she did make-up for celebrities.

I think you're underestimating her a bit.

If Lynn Jinks can go solo by trying to convince people that balancing a Sodalite on their big toe will cure them of all illness, then Kati certainly has the potential to earn a good living from make-up again.
Dame Edna is dead. She’s need to go back to make up school to keep up with current trends. She has an uncanny skill of making her nose look even bigger with her poor technique. Good make up is not difficult to do btw.

I know less about make up than I do about the mating habits of the Lord Howe Island Tree Lobsters but, for sure, there has been chatter on QVC forums for years about China, animal testing and the "bunny mark" - way before Visage appeared. Not once have I seen KE or her "bestie" Hattie mention this.
I actually have a bottle of visage enchante near me. I've decided that through smelling a sample my mother had, it's unisex and once you get over the initial smell, which, to me isn't 'good', it's good. But I digress. Looking at the box. It tells you it's flammable, recyclable and 36 months use after opening. AND it says it's made in China, but nowhere on the box does it mention anything related to animal testing. I think I've heard in the past them say it wasn't, but if it really wasn't, wouldn't they advertise it on the box? Which, as you've gathered, it isn't.

Dame Edna is dead. She’s need to go back to make up school to keep up with current trends. She has an uncanny skill of making her nose look even bigger with her poor technique. Good make up is not difficult to do btw.
The only thing about makeup I know is on TV it's different than real life. Not talking drag queens :p But 'maybe' coz she / they are on TV they overdo the makeup so it can be seen? I know today's TV is different to the way backs, but still. If the lights 'bleach' out? Although, I have seen Kati off TV (Instagram) and she still likes her makeup, so maybe not?

PS, I liked Dame Edna, more than the Les Patterson character, if my memory serves. (The politician, if it doesn't).

The only thing about makeup I know is on TV it's different than real life. Not talking drag queens :p But 'maybe' coz she / they are on TV they overdo the makeup so it can be seen? I know today's TV is different to the way backs, but still. If the lights 'bleach' out? Although, I have seen Kati off TV (Instagram) and she still likes her makeup, so maybe not?

PS, I liked Dame Edna, more than the Les Patterson character, if my memory serves. (The politician, if it doesn't).
Make-up for stage or TV is different to how most people apply it in real life, but it's also a lot to do with the way it's applied and blended on the skin by the make-up artist. With Ange, Adina and other presenters on the channel I've noticed that if they turn their heads slightly sideways, you can see clearly where the foundation ends, almost as though they have a different coloured 'mask' on their face (which most of the time is obviously the bit that faces the viewer). I know skin pigment can change depending on which area of skin you're looking at, but the make-up on the faces of Gemporia presenters sometimes doesn't look very skilfully done, not properly blended, simply caked on, IMO. Another indicator is when you see traces of solid make-up in lines around the eyes. I wonder if they have someone who does their make-up or whether they do their own?

The other thing they should give attention to is removing traces of caked-on foundation from their nails. Not a nice sight.

Make-up for stage or TV is different to how most people apply it in real life, but it's also a lot to do with the way it's applied and blended on the skin by the make-up artist. With Ange, Adina and other presenters on the channel I've noticed that if they turn their heads slightly sideways, you can see clearly where the foundation ends, almost as though they have a different coloured 'mask' on their face (which most of the time is obviously the bit that faces the viewer). I know skin pigment can change depending on which area of skin you're looking at, but the make-up on the faces of Gemporia presenters sometimes doesn't look very skilfully done, not properly blended, simply caked on, IMO. Another indicator is when you see traces of solid make-up in lines around the eyes. I wonder if they have someone who does their make-up or whether they do their own?

The other thing they should give attention to is removing traces of caked-on foundation from their nails. Not a nice sight.
I have noticed on occasion a 'demarcation' zone where the colour changes a touch in the presenter's neck area. And I would think all makeup is done by 'the presenter'. Which brings to mind, my seeing Adina putting on a red(?) lipstick in a Visage show and it almost looked like she missed her lips: going over the 'line', but not on purpose, so it looked wrong. I think that makes sense.

Latest posts

Back