Jemma Kidd

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnonthelake

Registered Shopper
Another one bites the dust,have read today that her make-up company has gone into administration with debts of more than £2 million.
Lynn

Another one bites the dust,have read today that her make-up company has gone into administration with debts of more than £2 million.
Lynn
Oh thats dreadful, i got some of her stuff of the Q and it was good quality. Hopefully someone can
take it over, and no one looses their jobs. Terrible times

Agree with SparklyBarbs, sad news. Only have a mascara (free with a magazine), which is very good. Doubt I would have bought anything else, as happy with what I already use, but admire anyone brave enough to start a business in these troubled times and always sad when it doesn't work out for them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Jemma Kidd is absolutely loaded. The family home is in Barbados or Bermuda and I think JK has married aristocracy too. No doubt she will come out of absolutely fine, but I feel sorry for the 30 staff made redundant and those people who have paid huge sums to attend her make-up school.

Yes she is married to the Duke of Wellingtons grandson,I feel sorry for the young girls who have paid over a £1000 for her make-up course.
Lynn

Yes she is married to the Duke of Wellingtons grandson,I feel sorry for the young girls who have paid over a £1000 for her make-up course.
Lynn

I would feel sorry for them also, but did they not pay that to train as make up artists,
and then they can go out on their own

I am sure I just read yesterday that a magazine next month is supposed to have an item of hers as a free gift.

Not sure Sparkly,wonder what Q will do with the stock.
Lynn
Probably end up in clearance, i got her green concealer and it was sold out everywhere, and had
to wait for it to arrive, but i suppose one product isn't enough to keep things turning over. Sad
anyway, in these times

If the free magazine gift is a JK eyeliner don't bother. I got one of those a while ago with a magazine and it was hollow! It certainly put me off ever going anywhere near any JK products.

Theres nothing wrong with the range, I guess. there is just so much choice these days and nothing about it stands out. Bare Minerals are well, minerals, Laura Geller is the Italian baked formula, Mally is bullet proof etc

It's always sad to see a decent business go to the wall. I repeat purchased the eye concealer/highlighter pen. It was one of my favourite makeup products.

Typical - I find a foundation that I love and the company goes bust!! Thought it was funny that the foundation I use had been out of stock for ages at QVC and other online retailers, thought it may have just been because it was so popular (due to quite a few Youtube beauty bloggers raving about it)

Have you tried Liz Earles new foundation Starlight? If you like a liquid it looked good on the show I saw a few nights ago. 202546 is the item number. Its got a couple of very positive reviews.

I absolutely love her highlighter and use it every day but the compact contains enough for the rest of my life so that's not going to make the company millions.

Have you tried Liz Earles new foundation Starlight? If you like a liquid it looked good on the show I saw a few nights ago. 202546 is the item number. Its got a couple of very positive reviews.

Thanks Bauble, I have tried a sample of it. The reason I like Jemma Kidd's Light as Air foundation is because it contains salicylic acid which is good for problem skin, so it actually did my skin good (less blocked pores etc) as well as looking and feeling lovely. I liked the Liz Earle foundation but after a few hours my skin felt really oily, unfortunately Liz Earle products are just too moisturising for me :sad:

Thanks Bauble, I have tried a sample of it. The reason I like Jemma Kidd's Light as Air foundation is because it contains salicylic acid which is good for problem skin, so it actually did my skin good (less blocked pores etc) as well as looking and feeling lovely. I liked the Liz Earle foundation but after a few hours my skin felt really oily, unfortunately Liz Earle products are just too moisturising for me :sad:

Starlight, have you tried Estee Lauder, double wear, it might be a bit heavy for you, but they do a lighter one also. I work long hours and
its the only one that stays on me as i have oily skin also, only thing is you can't get it on Q :glass:

Latest posts

Back