Jemma Kidd

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They were selling one of her kits on one of the Sit Up channels tonight (Bid TV, I think) when I was channel hopping.

I've never used any of her products, but I have watched a few of her shows on QVC. Whether she's well off or not, I think it's a shame when any company 'goes to the wall.' I suppose it's simply a reflection of the current economic market. :sad: Goodness knows when this recession will be over,

If the company has gone into administration owing £2million it could take down other companies too. Those suppliers owed money will not be paid. The 30 people at Jemma Kidd may not be the only ones to lose their jobs because of it.

I am sure I just read yesterday that a magazine next month is supposed to have an item of hers as a free gift.

Yes its in the marie claire Sazza

Its such a shame when another company bites the dust and the staff who will lose their jobs and other companies that are affected as well :sad:

It may not sink without trace straight away, the administrators may continue run the brand to try to minimise the debt.

Jude xx

Jemma Kidd is absolutely loaded. The family home is in Barbados or Bermuda and I think JK has married aristocracy too. No doubt she will come out of absolutely fine, but I feel sorry for the 30 staff made redundant and those people who have paid huge sums to attend her make-up school.
Although she may be financially sound, despite this, I am sure that she will feel upset by the failure of her business, and feel concern for her employees etc. Just because people have money doesn't make them devoid of feeling or absolute monsters …

Perhaps if she is so financially sound she could reach into her own pocket and pay off the debts of the company, particularly creditors and employee redundancy money. I really don't like it when rich people walk away from bankrupt companies with no flies on them, but leaving a financial aftermath behind which creates a lot of suffering for those affected by it.

Being loaded doesn't make someone good at buisness, particularly where one's livelihood doesn't depend on it! (Oooh judgemental jude this afternoon!)

Jude xx

Perhaps if she is so financially sound she could reach into her own pocket and pay off the debts of the company, particularly creditors and employee redundancy money. I really don't like it when rich people walk away from bankrupt companies with no flies on them, but leaving a financial aftermath behind which creates a lot of suffering for those affected by it.

In many cases, companies, both small and large can go bust without it being the fault of the owner who need not always have 'flies on them', even if they happen to have alternative independent means, surely?

Aw, that's a shame, I have a few of her products and really like them and at a decent price. The quality was definitely mixed but then you'll get that with any brand. Her lipglosses are absolutely lovely, smell like sherbert, light, non sticky and lovely colours. Might try and haul a few before they disappear. I think what an earlier poster said about her not having a hook is spot on, she should have made more of the makeup school connection, maybe included little cards with hints and looks like Too Faced do. It's odd that despite her connections (her sister is a model) she didn't appear in magazines more as recommended products etc.

Latest posts

Back