Jar opener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Boris Bear

Registered Shopper
£45 for an electric jar opener that didn't work with one of the jars they tried! Think I will stick with going next door to ask a neighbour!

I didnt see the one that went wrong, but I couldn't believe the size of it it would take up all your kitchen side!! There are much better things for peeps with dexterity problems.

I have a purple rubber circle thingy - think I got it from Lakeland about 20 years ago. You got a pack of two (think I gave one to my mum) for about a quid and its still going strong - very rarely fails to open jars!!!!!

I didnt see the one that went wrong, but I couldn't believe the size of it it would take up all your kitchen side!! There are much better things for peeps with dexterity problems.
I was surprised the lids hadn't been loosened a bit before the demo (not that I am at all cynical).

I have a purple rubber circle thingy - think I got it from Lakeland about 20 years ago. You got a pack of two (think I gave one to my mum) for about a quid and its still going strong - very rarely fails to open jars!!!!!

I also got those many years ago, and they still work.

I use a tip I picked up on Ready steady cook years ago !!....just bang the lid of the jar on a worktop, you can hear it go pop and it opens no problem !, it always works for me :muscle::clapping:

I'm a Domestic Goddess I will have you know :sun:

pink_rubber_gloves_medium.jpg

Does anyone else remember Anthony and the can opener? It was the one you just put on the top of the can and don't hold, battery powered, he tried a can, couldn't open it, got another, couldn't open that, ended up with about 7 unopened cans in front of him and he was just about speechless with the giggles. In the end he said "Its the floor managers fault HE'S BROUGHT ME THE WRONG KIND OF CANS" lol

Latest posts

Back