It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They never think mums worry , do they ?? My DS always tells me of if i ask him to text me when he gets home after a night out,
but we're mums and we worry :) Glad you're DD is safe BM x

no we're not supposed to worry are we?! between texting and getting a reply I'd got her fallen on the snow with a broken leg, or mugged and bag/phone stolen, you name it..!

My mum still worries about me and i'm 48. Its horrible that they worry but lovely that they care.
pleased she's ok BM.

another text, nearly at stop..BusyDad's walking down to meet her..it's a good walk, usually (dark nights) he will drive up & collect her but better off walking tonight - thank you for keeping me company ladies!

another text, nearly at stop..BusyDad's walking down to meet her..it's a good walk, usually (dark nights) he will drive up & collect her but better off walking tonight - thank you for keeping me company ladies!

You're a sweetheart Carol

Excellent, she's a lucky girl to have such lovely parents. Now get that kettle on for her and a stiff brandy for you.

Worry??? Whats that?

My 23 (to borrow Minim's expression) has been in Burma for the past week and has hardly contacted us as their phone system is in the last century. He was due back into Thailand today and then going back to Oz. The knot in my stomach gets bigger every day. He is so cool about it - "Don't worry Mum, nothing is going to happen to me"!

My 27 ( he of the three broken legs) texted me this afternoon from Val d'Isere to say he had successfully completed his skiing holiday without breaking anything. He knows I worry the whole time he's off skiing and apres ski.

My dad used to do that for me too when I lived at home.
I am sure your daughter knows how lucky she is to have such caring parents.
So glad all is well

lol..I looked at that bit twice too JBD! I used to love Rolf Harris doing his Jake the Peg...I know, sad innit..!

Thanks again ladies, good to have your company while I was doing me AnxiousMum bit!

My dad used to do that for me too when I lived at home.
I am sure your daughter knows how lucky she is to have such caring parents.
So glad all is well

My late dad did too. He always used to say it doesn't matter what time it is, if your stuck call me. Many nights he would come out bleary eyed too pick me up. Bless him

Ha ha, no not Jake! He is due back in the morning but is off skiing again in March. Broken legs all football related but no, he isn 't a professional footballer , just has bad luck when playing football.

Ha ha, no not Jake! He is due back in the morning but is off skiing again in March. Broken legs all football related but no, he isn 't a professional footballer , just has bad luck when playing football.

Maybe football isn't for him, he could be suited to a more sedate pastime.

Oh Itchy
That is very sad.
I think we should worry about you instead.
Now.... Have you got your gloves? Make sure you have supplies in the car in case you breakdown.....

He he.

I'm 50 now and I don't know any different. It was difficult when I was small, but I don't have too many chips on my shoulders!

Latest posts

Back