It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, it's still snowing in Northants albeit lightly. And the gas man I mentioned earlier? He rang at 6.45 pm to say he was at the bottom of the hill (about 200 yards from the turning into my cul-de-sac) but he'd broken and was waiting for a recovery vehicle. It could only happen to my gas man. :eek: While he was on the phone someone knocked on his van window to see if he was alright, which I thought was nice.

He's re-scheduled for next Friday afternoon so I've got another week of lukewarm baths, but at least I'm snug and warm in the house and have electricity, unlike some other unfortunate people whose power has been cut because of this dreadful weather.

Stay safe everyone .......... and I've got my Winter trax ready for work on Monday. :wink:

Toril lukewarm baths in this weather sound better to me than a cold house. I think its better put of to next week, at least yo're warm.
Hopefully by next week it will be better weather, and you can stick having no heating etc.

Some more light snowfall here this morning - I am not shifting out of the house I can tell you! About 4" we've got in the garden now, the birdbath looks like a meringue! It's cold - last night we turned the heating up but I stood there with my hand on the radiator in the kitchen and I could keep my hand there - we reckon they do something, turn the pressure down or something, when there's a big demand, so up a bit more it went, I can see the monthly payment will be rocketing at this rate...I'll be forced onto the streets and come home in minus figures..!!:wink:

Toril lukewarm baths in this weather sound better to me than a cold house. I think its better put of to next week, at least yo're warm.
Hopefully by next week it will be better weather, and you can stick having no heating etc.

I've got heating, thank goodness. The magnabooster is being fitted so the debris that floats around the system doesn't clog it up. At the moment when the hot taps are turned on the boiler trips off when the water is hand hot. The engineer said it's because something in the boiler needs replacing (can't remember the name) because it's full of dirt/debris. Once the magnabooster is fitted then the bit causing the problem can be replaced, free of charge, and will then be covered by my HomeCare contract and will be cleaned out during the annual service. It's a combi boiler, which means I have no immersion heater, but thankfully it isn't affecting the radiators (although they should get even hotter once this magnabooster is fitted.)

And if the heating does decide to give up the ghost before he comes back next Friday, I have my slanket, a fan heater and a hot water bottle ............. :wink:

Thankfully the snow's stopped, but on the local forecast this morning they said we could have brief flurries later today and at least 2 cms tomorrow ................ wonderful! (Not!)

Last edited:
skating2.jpg

Some just embrace the cold!

21 is on the right.
She is with her former Illinois room-mate who came to visit & was staying with us for a few days until yesterday.​

Lovely picture mim, from what i can see of her face she looks a stunner. Does she look like you?

Lovely picture mim, from what i can see of her face she looks a stunner. Does she look like you?

Well himself has got a moustache to make a colonel jealous and a beard, so from that point of view - Yes!

LOL, I think Frazzled thought they were swearing because of the white squares over their mouths min. :grin: Both your daughters are beautiful.

Yes they are! Inside & out

Can't imagine going on ice intentionally, I'm not looking forward to going out tonight even with the WinterTrax on - I have a knack for falling over! (nothing to do with alcohol!)

Can't imagine going on ice intentionally, I'm not looking forward to going out tonight even with the WinterTrax on - I have a knack for falling over! (nothing to do with alcohol!)

Last time I was on ice (intentionally) was 1970, in Bristol.
When 21 jumps, I have a bit of die-back going on inside me.

I loved skating in my youth (which is a looooooooong time ago!) - used to go with my cousin every Saturday...ah...those were the days!

Your girls are really lovely Minim. So are mine (boys, I mean). They look nothing like me. A girl I know slightly, collared me at a football match recently and asked whether 23 was a model in Australia!! I said I doubted it and she told me to get on facebook and see a particular photo of him. I am biased anyway, but he's a hunky dude. Women fall at his feet - 22 doesn't lack female company either. They are good kids too, we are lucky.

I think all the kids I hear about on here are really lucky to have you lot as their mums, you're all very caring and proud. My personal experience is more like yours Itchy!!

We are indeed lucky, but what I am the most proud about is that they are loving, nice, warm, kind, considerate people.
They would never dream of hurting anyone in any way just for the fun of it.

Latest posts

Back