happy anniversary alison young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

boffy

Registered Shopper
to alison young who is like marmite you either love her or hate her happy anniversary.
she has made me cringe sometimes,she has made me laugh most times and is always entertaining.
hope for anather 16 years of a roller coaster ride of fun and frolicks x:hi:

I wonder whether she'll make it to her 20th?

Those clips of years gone by reminded me how I used to enjoy watching AY and how much I gleaned from her about skincare. Latterly she's definitely changed and seems somehow insecure in her role, she's almost become a caricature of herself. I don't feel she's keeping up to date with recent developments, or if she is, she isn't passing thsi knowledge on to us anymore. I really sincerely wish she'd take a moment to watch herself and cut back on the ranting soundbites and hard sell and return to what she's good at: talking about skincare, and letting the guests answer a more intelligent level of questioning from her on our behalf.

She's done really well to reach 16 years but I think she need to evolve for her to make it to 20.

Jude xx

Happy Anniversary Alison.

I remember watching her in the early days and yes she was very good. More professional and not shouting and 'telling the models off'. I do think sometimes she treats them like little children.

But the bad news for a 'Beauty Expert' is: my 17 yr old son came in the other night when she was on and said 'isn't that the beauty woman who has been on qvc for ages - she is looking really rough and old' Ooops!!!!:giggle:

Daft thing is they very rarely have "In the Salon with Alison" shows now and when they do they are not of the format they used to be, used to be there was a presenter on and Alison just spoke about the product etc....

Shes done well to last 16 years, i doubt she will make it to 20 but I agree, I used to love watching her shows for all the knowledge she used to impart & I would be the first to say that I learnt a lot from her. Now it seems that her attitude is '' its all about ME !''She clearly loves the sound of her own voice but dosen't seem to realise that we don't !:doh: And yes nine out of ten times you see her she looks rough. Not a good advert for beauty at all.

I cringed at her on the TSV launch today. She constantly interupted & talked the guest down. After a few minutes I'd had enough & turned off.

I didn't last the launch hour either.

A bell in every tooth.

I wandered into the study, but left the TV on in the other room.
Himself called down, "Shut that woman up!"

I used to love in the salon with Alison, does anyone remember when they had the wedding shows getting ready for Jilly's wedding I think.

I wish that she would sit in a more ladylike manner; she looked really pretty today until I saw that she was sitting with her legs open. Again. The people in the gallery should say something. It makes her look like an old lady for some reason.

I'd like to see her go back to wearing trousers; she used to wear trouser suits all the time but the move towards dresses has resulted in some weird and wonderful outfits.

Jude xx

:sun:just watched alison and a t-caller made her cry and me aswell. alison shows us that she has feelings too.
respect to alison for making me laugh out loud and shed a little tear too..love her!:sun:

:sun:just watched alison and a t-caller made her cry and me aswell. alison shows us that she has feelings too.
respect to alison for making me laugh out loud and shed a little tear too..love her!:sun:

What did the t caller say?

I absolutely agree. I saw a side of Alison this afternoon that really touched me & I was blubbing as well. The T caller told her how grateful she was to her for all her advice over the years & the difference it had made to her confidence. The caller herself was in tears & Alison became really emotional & was quite sweet. :heart:

I also liked Laura the girl who did Decleor. Can I hope that she is taking over from FB.

I think a lot of what AY says and does is just a front. She is probably not half as hard as she likes us to think she is.
It must be fairly difficult flogging the same old products week in week out without a bit of banter and a laugh.

I also used to very much enjoy the "In the salon with Alison" hours. I loved the clean, uncluttered image she portrayed with her white beautician suit. I still very much enjoy her and am still picking up tips. It is only natural that she has aged I bit - I certainly have!

Happy anniversary Alison

Inge xx

I am glad Alison has aged in a realistic way much prefer someone to have good skin and a few wrinkles and eye bags to someone looking like she has had her face in a vacuum .
I like Alison I know she can be a bit OTT sometimes but I honestly think she has a good sense of humour and sense of self and is not afraid to make fun of herself

I used to love in the salon with Alison, does anyone remember when they had the wedding shows getting ready for Jilly's wedding I think.

yes i remember those1 and what sazza said - it was a million times better when she was on with a presenter. it definitely toned - or maybe diluted - her down.

yes i remember those1 and what sazza said - it was a million times better when she was on with a presenter. it definitely toned - or maybe diluted - her down.

It was about her showing us what to do not her trying to take over from the professionals of there range. I think they need to go back to the old format.

I must say when you get glimpses of her true character she's really whitty. I like it when there's a bit of banter between her and the guest. It must be easy to forget yourself sometimes when you've been doing the same thing for so many years and trying to please everyone. Good luck to her however long she continues to be on Q.

I think she has had to change and become more forceful about describing what is included because she is probably under so much pressure to make sure the product sells. Hence the constant value for money bit, what this product does for you and how much stock is left....

Latest posts

Back