Hairmax TSV 07/07/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hairmax LaserBand 41 3 Minute System
Item Number: 401645
QVC Price £483.00
Todays Special Value Price £394.95
P&P £0.00

The HairMax LaserBand 41 is a rechargeable, hands-free device which uses 41 lasers that work to bathe the scalp in gentle light, to help promote new hair growth in men and women with certain degrees of hair loss. Thanks to the easy to follow instructions, this portable system is so simple to use in the comfort of your own home, is suitable for use on all hair colours and is even gentle enough for permed and colour-treated hair.

Just three minutes, three times a week - it's so easy to use - simply place it on your scalp and after 30 seconds, move it back two inches. Continue to move it back every 30 seconds, until your whole scalp is covered - in just six simple positions! The HairMax will vibrate every 30 seconds to help you time the application, and there's no heat or tingling sensation to worry about.

Fantastic feedback - in studies with 165 participants, some people began to perceive results in as little as 16 weeks.

Extended 120-day money back guarantee - we have decided to extend our money back guarantee to 120 days on this item so that you can really test out the LaserBand, and if you don't see results, simply return it to us!

Prior to treatment, test your HairMax for sensitivity
Rechargeable lithium ion battery
Charge time: 5 to 6 hours
LaserBand on stand (h x w x d): 20cm x 19cm x 7.4cm (7.9" x 7.5" x 2.9")

What's in the box?

HairMax LaserBand 41
Charging stand
Power cord
Quick-start guide
User manual

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.401645

I bought the brush version last year on the TSV. As my hair is visibly thinning. I really should have returned it (but haven't, so very expensive ornament), - I started to use it religiously, but then found my scalp became sensitive to it and felt the warming and tingling sensation. Despite only 3 minutes, its not a pleasant experience where the hair is the thinnest. I also found the sensation continued for quite a while after I used it, so was wary of continuing. (I'm on a course of Viviscal now to see if that works)

Have you tried Minoxidil Brissles? My hair started to thin and I tried minoxidil a couple of years ago but I was very slack with being consistent. However I tried it again starting this January and have been using it daily as instructed and I can see a real difference now after 6+ months. I use the foam version as I find it dries quickly and leaves little residue compared to the liquid. I buy it from Boots on line in the 3 month packs as that works out more economical for me.

I want to say I was very displeased with JF's sales pitch (not for the first time!). She made a big deal - repeating several times that ordering the Hairmax will be your little secret if done so through QVC and no one will ever know. I hate this kind of attitude to hair loss, it's something natural that happens to many people. By speaking like this she is perpetuating the idea that it is something to be ashamed and embarrassed about which is detrimental and downright harmful to people who are experiencing it. There is nothing wrong with thinning hair and there is nothing wrong if you decide to do something to help it either - talk about it please, it's no dirty secret!

Last edited:
I'm very sceptical about these gadgets. They are so expensive and may or may not work.They have now changed it to a band so people can spend more money all over again.

I wonder how many should have returned them but didnt or forgot.

They always use models with a full head of thick hair like the one pictured on the web site.Are they saying its a result of using this ?

My son uses Regaine for his male pattern baldness which is minoxidil. it works to an extent but I don't think you can cheat your genes.

I think for ladies its a bit more complicated and hormonal.I don't like JFs " secret " attitude either like its something to be ashamed of .I have a bit of thinning but not too bad yet.

Last edited:
Change the American guest for a British one, yeah that should sell it. I despise playing on women/men's insecurities to sell expensive gadgets that they know never work, different design, same old crap.

Hair thinning is fast becoming a problem for younger generations too. Years of dying/bleaching, glued in hair extensions, constant straightening or drying with intense heat, general rough treatment of hair, poor diet, medication and so on and then of course there`s genetics too. I would hate to think how many of these type of quack devices have been bought in desperation and hope by the people who suffer hair loss or thinning ?
Two of my sons were bald by the time they were 20, my own Mum had very thin hair by the time she was 60 as did her sisters and my older sister has the same issue. I fully agree that JF was wrong to make out that hair loss/thinning is or should be a dirty little secret or something to be ashamed of but I also think QVC are equally wrong to make money from something which is simply giving people false hope.

The reviews on QVC.com are very mixed, mainly negative, although some say they had a result..

The reviews on QVC.com are very mixed, mainly negative, although some say they had a result..

Yes some very poor reviews from people who used it regularly and as directed.If half the people don't return it even though it doesn't work for them , then the company and Q are quids in .

I make it a rule to return absolutely everything I don't want . I wouldn't try anything like this ,I just don't think they can work.

Oh dear, lots of comments under the launch video on Facebook, mostly hysterical laughter and 'beam me up Scottie', 'looks like a water melon on her head', 'maybe a good gift for teacher or the present drawer' etc! :mysmilie_17:

Another load of rubbish. If these gadgets worked everyone would have a fabulous head of hair. Please don’t waste your money.

Ali Bailey, who is on everything to do with QVC at the moment, looks absolutely hilarious in that picture on QVC website, she's looking to the side all demure, more like she's wearing a tiara than a piece of over priced plastic crap on her head. :mysmilie_17:

No! No! Sorry I take that back, just channel hopped on to QVC and seen Jill Franks with it on......oh my!.....:mysmilie_19: :mysmilie_19: ten seconds later and over the channel goes. :mysmilie_3:

Ali Bailey, who is on everything to do with QVC at the moment, looks absolutely hilarious in that picture on QVC website, she's looking to the side all demure, more like she's wearing a tiara than a piece of over priced plastic crap on her head. :mysmilie_17:

No! No! Sorry I take that back, just channel hopped on to QVC and seen Jill Franks with it on......oh my!.....:mysmilie_19: :mysmilie_19: ten seconds later and over the channel goes. :mysmilie_3:

Oh ,I missed that. What a pity.No doubt JF has half a dozen of those gadgets.

Latest posts

Back