GHD users..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought T3 straigheners
http://www.t3hair.com/hair-products/T3-Hair-Straighteners.html?id=te6zPckI
a couple of years ago, then thought I was missing out and bought GHD. I still prefer my T3. There's slightly less plastic on the barrel of the GHD so making it slimmer and easier to use on my hair when it's really short, but they damage my hair more than my T3. I use my T3 on a lower setting of 180 and it looks more shiny, maybe it's the tourmaline. Would definitely get another pair of T3 if they ever broke.

I have long very fine/soft (like a baby's) hair with a definite wave - I absolutely love my GHD's and IMHO they really bear no comparison with other makes - some of which just let my hair slide through the clamps as it's so soft. Like other posters, I always use a heat protectant (Ojon,Aveda or GHD).They have changed my life - really - before GHD's I had to wash and blow dry my hair virtually every day, Batiste Dry Shampoo excellent, a quick once over with my GHD's and a spray of Batiste has my hair looking as if I've just left the hairdressers!

I have thick wavy hair and I love my GHD's - poker straight hair with one pass and it lasts until I next wash my hair. I've not had any other brand to make a comparison but I can say how good I think the GHD straighteners are :)

I've got a pair after had a couple of months and I'm not convinced there any better than my babyliss ones. I have very thick curly coarse shoulder length hair possibly the main problem is that the ghds have a thinner plate than my babyliss ones. I'd imagine they would suit thinner or shorter hair better. But as far as I'm concerned the babyliss are very good alternative.

I hate my curly hair and can't live without my GHDs now. I bought mine when they first came out and they are still going strong.

I'm going to the U.S. in May for a wedding and my GHDs don't have dual voltage. Does anyone know if the new ones do? Many thanks.

Hi Melusina.

Just had a look at mine which are the mark 4 and yes they do have dual voltage. They also automatically switch off when left idle for 30mins. HTH

Thanks stardust. I hate to spend the money when I have some already, but I can't risk a bad hair day, especially when the ex will be there! lol

If the ex will be there, definitely make sure you pack some mark 4's - there's nothing worse than a 'bad hair day'! :3:

Has anyone tried the shampoos from the GHD range? My hair is getting a bit dry/brittle ?

BB

My hairdresser said that he doesn't rate their "products" (as opposed to the straighteners).

I use Redken, I think it's called clear control in a deep aubergine colour bottle. My hair is soft and shiny despite regular straightening.

Well it would appear GHD'S are like Marmite.. you either love them or hate them!

I have been to the hairdressers today so I asked her opinion and she is in the hate them camp.She says they are too harsh and damaging and says she has seen some awful heat damaged hair from GHD'S.

Oh well...

The marmite seems to be good description.

Whilst I was hoping it might just be the holy grail of great hair days I'm also a little grateful that the thread has stopped a purchase ty.

Well inspired by this thread I just purchased a ridiculously cheap pair of straighteners in the Argos half price sale! What persuaded me was that the reviews said they were pretty good in comparison to GHDs. I previously had the QVC complement ones for a number of years so guess technology moves on.

I'm really pleased with my bargain but tiny part of me will probably still wonder about GHDs so think I will have to find someone who owns a pair so I can give them a try some time and put my mind at rest or join the expensive straightener club.

In meantime for those of you who are addicted to them Amazon are selling some for £95 - are these the same as the QVC ones for much more?

Latest posts

Back