GHD users..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have about four different brands of straighteners of varying price and all are very good, however nothing compares to my GHD's they are IMO far superior to other brands.

My hair is thick and quite curly and when I use the GHD's it stays straight until I shampoo again, even in damp weather.

I have yet to find any straightners that will keep my hair straight until the next shampoo.

I peronally like heated rollers to give me some 'lift' as you just throw them in and they do their stuff while you do other things like make-up etc. Couldn't be doing with that faffing of each section for ages. Looks like it takes forever with straightners. Does anyone have any good recommendations as to a good set of heated rollers or the best place to get any these days (mine are ancient) - all you see in the shops are straightners now.

I have yet to find any straightners that will keep my hair straight until the next shampoo.
the ghds keep my hair poker straight until the next wash, and as iv said before i have really curly hair

Please be careful where you buy your ghd's from. A friend bought hers from Amazon. She had problems with them and had to send them back to GHD - IT TURNS OUT THEY WERE FAKE !!!!! Trading standards are on the case and investigating the seller. Please buy from a reputable company. Say no more eh !!!

Silly question I know but I know zilch about hair straughteners and certainly can't afford ghds but do all hair straighteners do the curly thing too? I have long thick straight hair and would love some lift and body and just can't get on with heated rollers and tongs.

Yes you can curl but there is a knack to it. Look on YouTube for a demo.

I've been using a pair of the Complements straighteners I got off qvc for years and the ghd thing has always fascinated by as they are so very expensive. Thank you for all your comments but now you have me thinking I am missing out lol.

I have the compliments ones too - and I am feeling left out too. Maybe we are missing something really good. I want....

the ghds keep my hair poker straight until the next wash, and as iv said before i have really curly hair

Even GHDs don't keep my thick curly hair straight until the next wash. :(

I have the compliments ones too - and I am feeling left out too. Maybe we are missing something really good. I want....

Don't worry, I used to use the Complements ones and loved them, would have bought another pair had the company not gone out of business.

Don't worry, I used to use the Complements ones and loved them, would have bought another pair had the company not gone out of business.

Thank you. Isn't that funny cos I have thought they were great for the money. I guess selling them at those prices meant they didn't have enough money in the pot to compare with ghd's marketing machine.

At first I thought that GHDs were too expensive and wasted my money buying a couple of other makes. My daughters then bought me the GHDs and they are simply the best. There is no comparison with the others I have tried. My hair is glossy and straight within a few minutes and it stays that way even if I go out in damp or wet weather. I would say buy them and you will be delighted.

I got sucked into the hype and brand name and bought some ghd's a while ago, however i soon noticed they were wrecking (damaging) my hair (even with heat protection spray), so I sold them on.

Its dead easy to use them to curl - if you can curl ribbon on a parcel - you will do it.

I'm on my second pair and after having had two other makes previously, I wouldn't buy any other brand again. I have thick hair which can go wildly frizzy after being washed. A quick going over with ghd's and it's sorted. If you have fine hair then maybe it's not worth it, otherwise I'd definitely recommend them.

In the case of straighteners,you really do get what you pay for.
I've tried several cheaper brands & none were bad tbh but my dd got her first set of GHD's about 4 years ago & that was that,we were hooked.
I've got 2 pairs now,my son got me a 2nd set for Christmas & I couldn't be without them.
Don't use them all the time,just maybe twice a week & always use a heat protection spray beforehand to protect the hair.
BTW My hair is long & straight but inclined to 'kinks' which the GHD's are perfect for.

It looks like all the people with thick ,curly hair love them but I have fine hair and I found them too hot...I felt as if they were almost melting my hair. Definitely not for me.

i bought the pink ones before xmas & they had them with a no postage at the time......so i thought well i will see what all this 'hype' is all about......after all i can play all over the holiday...let my daughters play with them.......[they are both in their 20's ] & have think frizzy hair for one & thick & slightly wavy the other that has a mind of its own.....one daughter did the others & she now is saving up for them as she said " anything that can get that so straight so quickly is a MUST HAVE.....needless to say i have not sent them back even though after ive spent a fortune on good shampoo conditioner etc i then turn into mrs skin flint.....i nealr cry when i have to shell ovut for a good hair cut soooooooooo if i can stand the heat [ price wise ] then if you can in this economic climate have a trial with them.........i now look forwards to doing my hair instead of wash & go

It looks like all the people with thick ,curly hair love them but I have fine hair and I found them too hot...I felt as if they were almost melting my hair. Definitely not for me.

'teddy' mine is thinning quite badly & bleached to death ... the spray maybe the key to it.......ive tried once without & it did sizzle a little so had now ordered some spare sprays

Nope not all with thick curly hair!!!! I have hair like that and I am not a fan. :54:

Yes that is what I am starting to wonder reading this thread. Some of you almost have me tempted but I have fine hair too.

Latest posts

Back