GHD users..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
convince me.:54:
Are they really that good and why in comparison to other cheaper brands?
I have never paid more than £40 for mine and only want them for straightening not curling.

I thank you!

GHD are the only ceramic stylers I have used. I purchased mine from my hairdresser several years ago and they perform so well, and are so easy to use, that I see no need to try another brand. That is what I can tell you about them. Some things are just really, really good!

I won't fork out the money for GHDs as they are not the best for my hair. I have used my nieces and hairdresser uses them on me but I think other brands give me better results.

Which do you use Sazza?

For quite a few years I used Complements, QVC had them for a while but other places like Bodycare had them but eventually Complements went out of business. Anyway last couple of years have been using Babyliss ones and they have been fantastic!!!

I have four sets of straighteners ( dont ask lol). First pair I bought were KODO which most hairdressers use - apparently identical to GHDs in every way apart from the price.

They are excellent.

I also have a pink pair from lookfantastic - again excellent

Then I went away to Scotland and forgot to take mine so bought a cheap Babyliss pair ( 15 quid) in Tesco - great for what they cost.

On my bday my OH bought me GHD's - all I can say is WOW - no comparison to the rest. I have thick coarse hair with a definite kink to it - no problem. Sleek and glossy on the first go - the other ones means a few goes to get it looking as good. Worth every penny imho.

I bought 3 sets of straighters before I forked out and bought GHD's.

I think they are the best, plus, if you are not familiar with hair straighters, you can ALWAYS rely on them.

In fact, I do rely on my striaghers now, simply because when I can't be bothered to blow dry my hair, I leave it to dry naturally and then style with my GHD's. it gives a lovely messy (but controlled!) look and they turn a potentially bad hair day into a good one.

I wish I'd bought GHD's in the first place, I've spent money to find they weren't the best for me. At least you can return them with QVC if they aren't for you.

My GHDs also switch off after 30 mins idle time which is a boon when you are an airhead like me!

I won't fork out the money for GHDs as they are not the best for my hair. I have used my nieces and hairdresser uses them on me but I think other brands give me better results.

For quite a few years I used Complements, QVC had them for a while but other places like Bodycare had them but eventually Complements went out of business. Anyway last couple of years have been using Babyliss ones and they have been fantastic!!!

I should add I have very thick, curly hair.

I have really thick curly hair not unlike Ms Roberts which I hate (my hair that is) and have always straightened it, first by blow drying and then using straightners but it never was poker straight, I was of the opinion that GHDs were far too expensive and just woudnt work any better, then at Xmas my oh bought me the GHDs and wow!!! big time they are fantastic, I can even let my hair dry curly, then use the GHDs and I have poker straight hair, yes they are expensive compared to others, but the results speak for themselves, can not praise them highly enough.

The ghd official website has a link that helps you to find out whether a particular website is selling the genuine ghds. I've just put that website address in and it says it's not a recognised ghd retailer.

www.niceghdhair.com - Warning! unknown retailer website

Also, the ghds on QVC are cheaper on the ghd webiste - £135 on QVC excluding P&P compared to £116.49 including free delivery.

I ended up on the Amazon website when I bought mine and followed a link from there to a recommended sellers website.

I think it was £98 I paid for my medium size GHD's plus p+p, which I was happy with at the time, which was about 12 months ago.

I have about four different brands of straighteners of varying price and all are very good, however nothing compares to my GHD's they are IMO far superior to other brands.

My hair is thick and quite curly and when I use the GHD's it stays straight until I shampoo again, even in damp weather.

I had to give my daughter my GHDs as they melted my heavily bleached hair. I now use a pair with an adjustable temperature dial.

Silly question I know but I know zilch about hair straughteners and certainly can't afford ghds but do all hair straighteners do the curly thing too? I have long thick straight hair and would love some lift and body and just can't get on with heated rollers and tongs.

Latest posts

Back