Flinty's looking fuller

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve just put the tv on and seen debbie .. her face looks very puffy poor woman .. it doesn’t look a normal shape more a moon shape that steroids can cause.

If she was on steroids believe me you’d know about it, anything she could get attention or sympathy for would be mentioned on air or Social Media several times so no one could miss it. She’s got more weight on her face but her hairstyle is more flicked back now so you see more of it.

And the toilet roll is out on a limb, sale scupperer that! 🙃
Digressing a bit I couldn’t live with a loo right in the corner of the room making it at an angle if 45 degrees to two walls. I don’t know why it bothers me, but when I see that on one of the property programmes I just think no. Also the en-suites that aren’t a separate room are a big no. Firstly all the steam will spread into the bedroom and secondly who really wants to share the experience of using the loo. At least have the option of closing the door.

In the first link to the flats, I know they are in a former hospital, but you’d think (or I would) that the developers could have done something with the outside of it, while converting it, because it looks like an “institution.“

Some of the views are ok though.

I thought it looked like holiday appartments.....Nice flats, beautiful grounds but not enough privacy. The other one's would be ok as long as you're not claustrophobic!

Digressing a bit I couldn’t live with a loo right in the corner of the room making it at an angle if 45 degrees to two walls. I don’t know why it bothers me, but when I see that on one of the property programmes I just think no. Also the en-suites that aren’t a separate room are a big no. Firstly all the steam will spread into the bedroom and secondly who really wants to share the experience of using the loo. At least have the option of closing the door.
Oh I couldn't agree more about en suites that are just plonked in the bedroom. A basin I can just about tolerate, a bath is bad enough, but a loo is totally beyond the pale. I mean because of crutches and frames I am having to keep my bathroom door propped open, also to accommodate a chair, and that is driving me nuts. And I live alone so it is only inconveniencing me! I don't know what I would be like if someone else were here who could walk by at an inappropriate moment. 😮

I’ve just put the tv on and seen debbie .. her face looks very puffy poor woman .. it doesn’t look a normal shape more a moon shape that steroids can cause.
Some time ago she said that she had a rare skin condition, I think it's EPP, but that's not treated by streoids. She may be taking something for another health issue but as she talks about every aspect of her life I'd have thought she'd have announced that as well. Any weight gain or loss shows in my face before anywhere else; she has quite a solid jawline & it looks fairly padded out at the moment, I have a long oval face & I've lost too much weight so look like this 👽 but I'm not green!

Oh I couldn't agree more about en suites that are just plonked in the bedroom. A basin I can just about tolerate, a bath is bad enough, but a loo is totally beyond the pale. I mean because of crutches and frames I am having to keep my bathroom door propped open, also to accommodate a chair, and that is driving me nuts. And I live alone so it is only inconveniencing me! I don't know what I would be like if someone else were here who could walk by at an inappropriate moment. 😮
You'd have to make an announcement that you were going to the loo, sing a song, have a sign... Apparently the Beckhams have no qualms about being present during such moments & during one bizarre conversation with a man from British Gas he told me that his family had an 'open door toilet policy'; I did an 'errrrr', as though I was Dolly from Dinnerladies, when he said that 😳

En-suites are a bit of an obsession in recent years. I had my house built 23 years ago, and was asked if I wanted one, I said no - for the reasons mentioned above. The bathroom is 3 steps from my bedroom so why would I want another loo, taking up valuable bedroom space ? Ok if you live in a mansion where the bedroom has the floor space of a small house, but a downstairs toilet is of far more use.

I did have a rummage around reclamation yards at the time of the build, and spotted 2 beautiful sinks - one an Edwardian style in wedgewood blue, and another in lavender porcelain, so I got the builder to install the sinks in 2 bedrooms - visitors are always sooooo happy.

My biggest wish in any new place would be an en suite! I am so paranoid about plumbing problems taking anything out of commission, the thought of a back up bathroom is heaven to me, lol.

I've got a ridiculously large ensuite, twice as big as my bathroom, with a huge corner bath I've NEVER used in over 25 years of living here. It isn't even fitted with shower taps unlike the bathroom. There is so much space it has become a storage area, apart from access to the loo. I even keep my unicycle and some exercise gear inside the bath!

A smaller one would have been much better, resulting in a much larger bedroom.

Last year on holiday we had the bathroom as part of the bedroom and I hated it. I don`t want to watch Mr V wash his bum and bits in the shower no more than he wants to watch me shave my underarms or anywhere else, sorry TMI but that`s the reality of bathroom usage.
Thankfully at home we have 2 bathrooms, one downstairs and one upstairs but no en suites and no baths only showers. The downstairs one used to be an outhouse which was attached to the main house but when the house was originally built the outhouse would have been used to store coal, do the washing in or to house bikes and any other stuff. It`s an old house and that`s how it was built.

Last year on holiday we had the bathroom as part of the bedroom and I hated it. I don`t want to watch Mr V wash his bum and bits in the shower no more than he wants to watch me shave my underarms or anywhere else, sorry TMI but that`s the reality of bathroom usage.
Thankfully at home we have 2 bathrooms, one downstairs and one upstairs but no en suites and no baths only showers. The downstairs one used to be an outhouse which was attached to the main house but when the house was originally built the outhouse would have been used to store coal, do the washing in or to house bikes and any other stuff. It`s an old house and that`s how it was built.
We stayed in a place that had a free standing bath in the bedroom & the loo behind a screen, I hated it & we ended up using the house loo at the end of the landing. Your Mr V has always sounded a love, I'm glad he's up to speed with his personal hygiene 😘

And the toilet roll is out on a limb, sale scupperer that! 🙃
Absolutely. My maternal grandparents lived in a large Victorian house that was bliss for little children but must have been a nightmare to clean & keep warm. The upstairs loo was separate from the bathroom & had been created by taking away part of the landing, the distance from loo to door was about 8 feet & the loo roll holder was on the back of the door. I can't remember if I worked out to unhook the roll as I entered this corridor or if everyone got bored with hearing my cries for assistance & told me to do it.

I’ve stayed in those hotel rooms (The Sheridan is fond of them) I didn't mind them for a couple of days but wouldn’t want it at home.

the boat style bath sitting in front of a window looking across fields are a big favourite in property programmes. Bit like keeping bliddy lamas - living in a fantasy world.

The one thing I really really don’t like is a wet room. The clue being in the name, everything in the bliddy room is wet. Whose bright idea was this?

It's all in the size and design with them isn't it? Some friends of mine converted a small en suite when one was very ill and to just use it in a wheelchair when you cannot access much is all to the good. When I stayed there however, everything got soaked. When I wanted to use the loo I had to dry it first.

I've got a ridiculously large ensuite, twice as big as my bathroom, with a huge corner bath I've NEVER used in over 25 years of living here. It isn't even fitted with shower taps unlike the bathroom. There is so much space it has become a storage area, apart from access to the loo. I even keep my unicycle and some exercise gear inside the bath!

A smaller one would have been much better, resulting in a much larger bedroom.

You've re-inforced my argument Strato !

Latest posts

Back