Elemis rip-off

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm moving away from the expensive skincare too, although I did get some half price Philosophy on the Debenhams website with no p & p. On the advice of people on ST I today purchased 2 hot cloth cleansers from Superdrug as they were half price.

I'm moving away from the expensive skincare too, although I did get some half price Philosophy on the Debenhams website with no p & p. On the advice of people on ST I today purchased 2 hot cloth cleansers from Superdrug as they were half price.

I have done the same the last 12 months. I bought the Elemis TSV to split with me and my Mum last year and although I like the bath products very much, the skincare (I felt) wasn't anything special. The PCMC really didn't do anything spectacular and it smelt too strong for my liking. I'm using Simple Soap, day cream and night cream at the moment and my skin likes those and feels comfortable and hydrated.

Iv gone back to Simple time and time again too and my sister, who has great skin has used simple from the days when she was at home, maybe when she was about 13, she still uses it in her early 30s, she never strays from it.

Tristar for someone who's felt really intimidated by messages you have received on here you seem happy enough to tell everyone after the event but didnt report the message to the forum and reading on another thread about this turns out everything u said wasnt exactly true .

Fingers crossed they end up in TKMax for £22.50 in a couple of weeks.

Jude xx

bing bong 'will the remaining passenger travelling on PMC459 to frangipani please go immediatley to the gate, please note one way tickets only, will be valid for this flight

Me too. When L'Occitane lost the bunny symbol I've been trying to find a new hand cream and to cut a long story short, I've found it. Superdrugs Vitamin E Body Butter. More or less the same texture, smells great and is only £2.99 for 200ml compared to L'Occitane which is just shy under £20.00 for 150ml. The butter is on offer at the minute, two tubs for £3.99. It's really good stuff as well. They do a skin oil as well which I guess is their version of LE Superskin concentrate. Not as good as LE, don't get me wrong, but it's the same price as the butter for 30ml. LE is over £40.00 for 28ml. All in all I'm quite pleased & saving money at the same time. Can't argue with that can you?

I'm sorry to say I don't like the Superdrug Vitamin E oil at all. It's very "thin" but somehow it sits on the skin for a long time. I like the hot cloth cleanser from the range but even at the bargain price I wouldn't repurchase the oil. I've been tempted to throw it away but that's against my "use it up" rule so I'm using it on my legs when I have time to wander round for ages to let it sink in.

I'm sorry to say I don't like the Superdrug Vitamin E oil at all. It's very "thin" but somehow it sits on the skin for a long time. I like the hot cloth cleanser from the range but even at the bargain price I wouldn't repurchase the oil. I've been tempted to throw it away but that's against my "use it up" rule so I'm using it on my legs when I have time to wander round for ages to let it sink in.

Yes, I agree that it isn't brilliant, but using every other day is gonna save me a fortune. I will carry on with LE on alternate days. The SD one does take longer to sink in, but not too long IFKWIM?
Only been using for a fortnight, so if I change my mind I've only lost 3 quid.

Which Hot Cloth Cleanser are you using from SD?
There is 2 versions on their website, The Vitamin E one (200ml) & a Naturally Radiant one (150ml).
I'm not sure which to go for, but it won't be for a while either way though, got loads of C & P to get through first.

I bought the Vitamin E one. It was on offer for something bonkers like two for a fiver when they're £5.99 each! It's 200ml I think so lasts a long time. I liked it but am using the M&S one at the minute with the SD one in stock.

The M&S Pure facial oil is a good alternative but my skin is really dry at the minute so its a bit too light as a night treatment but its fine for a boost in the morning. It's thicker than the SD one and sinks in quickly. I think it would be great for someone who didn't have really dry skin and might be better for me in the summer months. I think that's £6 so still a good value option and there's usually an offer on M&S skincare.

BTW I used the Vitamin E oil this morning as a pre wash intensive hair conditioner. Seems to have worked OK.

The TSV mustn't have been collected, its still for sale, so much for all that rubbish about it being the last time on sale. Was it a sales ploy to make

us all hurry and buy more, or have they forgotten how to take things of the silly website. And i listened to the figures being quoted on sunday night

and they don't seem to have a clue about how many were sold, as it wasn't 85000 then, different figure completely. How can they say its LAST time

for sale after Keeley's visit and its still for sale, im totally astonished

The TSV mustn't have been collected, its still for sale, so much for all that rubbish about it being the last time on sale. Was it a sales ploy to make

us all hurry and buy more, or have they forgotten how to take things of the silly website. And i listened to the figures being quoted on sunday night

and they don't seem to have a clue about how many were sold, as it wasn't 85000 then, different figure completely. How can they say its LAST time

for sale after Keeley's visit and its still for sale, im totally astonished

Scare tactics to get you to pick the phone up. And it worked judging by comments on Keeley's FB from people saying "bought two more" ".....couldn't resist" "bargain of the century" and such crap.

I would not trust Flint's word as far as I could throw her. Which isn't far.

Such blatant blatant lies. Suprised they're allowed to get away with it. But then they seem to do and say as they want, after the treatment of Graham and this site :(

If anyone is interested salon skincare have the elemis ultimate travel Christmas collection (the one with the brown 'leather' case for£40.80, I thought I got a good deal before Xmas at £54

Princess of spa collection which is £47 at Q. At our Debenhams its £34.65. Also notice that despite ramblings on air and on Facebook last tsv is still available online!

I was totally broke before Christmas and saw some reviews for some skin care products in a magazine. I bought a wrinkle Stop, Wrinkle Filler, day Cream, Serum and Throat Cream. I'm really pleased with them ( still using Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish though). I am incredibly pleased with them.
They were under £4.00 each from Aldi!!
Has anyone else tried them and what do you think? Elemis is out of my reach atm x

I was totally broke before Christmas and saw some reviews for some skin care products in a magazine. I bought a wrinkle Stop, Wrinkle Filler, day Cream, Serum and Throat Cream. I'm really pleased with them ( still using Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish though). I am incredibly pleased with them.
They were under £4.00 each from Aldi!!
Has anyone else tried them and what do you think? Elemis is out of my reach atm x

I haven't tried the Aldi ones but I've tried the equivalent range from Lidl which has similar products. The moisturiser in particular was superb, coming in at only £1.98. Excellent quality, no unpleasant fragrance and kept my skin well hydrated and soft. I've heard people raving about the Aldi products too. I've tried their make up and it was excellent for the price.

Aldi have on offer from sunday 13th Jan a 30ml face oil for £3.99 with a choice sensitive or Dry i am going to give it a go for that price.

I use the Aldi anti ageing serum and have no complaints about it. I tried their firm and lift serum which has a red gel and white cream in the same pump bottle but that one dried my skin. I haven`t tried any of their other face creams ( yet ) but can also say the Dr Organic range from Holland and Barrett is a good range too and a nice price. The Dr Organic rescue cream with manuka honey is especially good if you get really dry skin or if your skin is aggravated by the cold weather.

Latest posts

Back