Elemis rip-off

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been experimenting in my kitchen (up since 4am as couldn't sleep) making beauty balm. I kid you not. I cannot afford expensive skincare anymore and have been intrigued about making my own. My skin is quite dry and read somewhere that jojoba mimics skin sebum and is a great moisturiser. I refuse to pay Elemis prices for stuff which probably costs pence to make.

Anyway, had a look on the internet for ideas and have brewed up a concoction of Cocoa butter, jojoba, almond, avocado oils and some Bulgarian rose water. It looks and feels like a balm. Have used it to cleanse my face, using a muslin cloth, and to moisturise elbows and cuticles. Smells ok (no overpowering niffs) and absorbs easily. Cost about a quid to make several 15ml pots. I'm seeing a friend at lunch and am going to ask her to try it out and tell me what she thinks of it.

I'm going to try making more, varying a few ingredients to see what happens. It's quite good fun too.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I've never found PCMC in the 100ml pot cheaper than QVC. It's around £100 normally. Expensive but its a bliddy great jar for your money. I decant it into smaller jars so I don't get carried away and use too much.

I've been experimenting in my kitchen (up since 4am as couldn't sleep) making beauty balm. I kid you not. I cannot afford expensive skincare anymore and have been intrigued about making my own. My skin is quite dry and read somewhere that jojoba mimics skin sebum and is a great moisturiser. I refuse to pay Elemis prices for stuff which probably costs pence to make.

Anyway, had a look on the internet for ideas and have brewed up a concoction of Cocoa butter, jojoba, almond, avocado oils and some Bulgarian rose water. It looks and feels like a balm. Have used it to cleanse my face, using a muslin cloth, and to moisturise elbows and cuticles. Smells ok (no overpowering niffs) and absorbs easily. Cost about a quid to make several 15ml pots. I'm seeing a friend at lunch and am going to ask her to try it out and tell me what she thinks of it.

I'm going to try making more, varying a few ingredients to see what happens. It's quite good fun too.

Pls keep us informed as to progress with your experiments, though the price seems to be higher than using Palmers coco butter in the 100ml pots.

Pls keep us informed as to progress with your experiments, though the price seems to be higher than using Palmers coco butter in the 100ml pots.

It's about a quid for 7 x 15ml pots as a guesstimate - and I can get the ingredient cheaper if I bought bulk sizes. I think Palmers is about £4 a tub? I don't like the smell of Palmers either and it leaves a strange residue feeling on the skin if you use it as a cleanser. My version (which isn't solid - more the same texture as Emma Hardie's) barely smells of anything. Only a small amount was added to "thicken". I'm considering trying Shea butter next time to compare.

AY & Keeley were raving about the Elemis candle earlier. QVC were charging £25.00 + £4.95 P & P for it. Feelunique are charging £20.00 for it with free delivery. Big difference, considering QVC would probably sell more of them in a day that FU will sell in a month.

Yes, the candle is 25% off in house of fraser. Its a nice candle but for me too expensive for what it is. I always want to know how long they burn for.

UPDATE::::: PCMC 30mls size is actually going for £21 on ebay at the moment.

Hi,

I bought the Think Pink set from ASOS at £24 delivered.

30ml pcmc, 15ml pro-collagen lifting treatment, 50ml body soak, plus toiletry bag.

Cheers,
Karen

That's good value Lawrenson. Shame I've decided to give L'Occitane Immortelle a try once I've finished my latest current stash of PCMC.

I'm rubbish at buying stuff on eBay Donna. It doesn't enter my head to look.

Is this going to replace the cupcake biz Flamenco?? Don't forget that mixing her own lotions and potions is how dear old Lulu became a beauty expert. Not to mention Emma Hardy. Will we be seeing you on Q in a smock with buttons in funny places, mooing and pronouncing words incorrectly?

Good for you Flamenco. I too gave up expensive skincare when I was made redundant and could no longer afford it. I can honestly say since I`ve moved over to budget brands my skin looks no better or worse than it did before. I now shop at Aldi, Boots, Superdrug, Ebay and Akamuti for stuff and not just skincare but toiletries and perfume too. I havent yet had a bash at making my own but if your balm works then please pass on the recipe, I`d be interested to try it.

I hope you have all ordered your Elemis TSV stock as the Elemis Girls are on the way to Knowsley as we speak to pick up the remaining stock

Attachments

• convoy 2.jpg
    convoy 2.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 206
Those elemis/keeley fans/girls scare the you know what out of me. I dont know about PMC more like PMT

Those elemis/keeley fans/girls scare the you know what out of me. I dont know about PMC more like PMT

Couldn't agree more Tristar! Originally I thought the QVC page Keeley had set up was for serious skincare questions - not constant brown nosing and pedastool placing! Yes they do turn nasty - remember the QVC Beauty awards when LE won quite a few and Elemis a big fat zilch? Oh the knives were out then! They even got onto the LE facebook page and got quite personal towards Liz and the product users and started rumours and all sorts! I didn't get a PM from any of them (mostly because I've blocked the trouble makers!) but I do know a friend got a rather odd message from Keeley which was fishing for any information they had so she could strenghten her case!

Hazeefantazee, I want to marry you. Seriously you raise all the things I want to say and agree totally about the fans doing a lot of creeping. I think Elemis is so over-priced and the ingrediants list, when you can find it, doesnt impress, parabens etc. Im no skincare expert, I dont have a black smock and I am not a qualified therapist with a salon but I think the brand is very much Lifestyle brand, aspirational and I suspect some people order to have it on display in their bathrooms. It wouldnt impress me particularly.

I zapped channels every time I saw Keeley popping up yesterday spouting her mumbo jumbo. No doubt she's clearing the shelves at that up-market salon of hers to make way for all the tsv kits she's managed to pile into her van.

Suspect the real reason they've taken them back is because they didn't want the brand image to be sullied by having thousands of left-over tsv's hanging around for goodness knows how long. Anyone that wanted one has now got one so it would have taken forever to shift the rest. Split up into their individual components they represent a nice little earner for the likes of Keeley :wonder:

I love it! Yes, I switched over quite a lot yesterday, hopefully the plane will be about to take off anytime soon. Roar those engines on that scarebus!!

bing bong 'this is the last and final call for the remaining passenger travelling on flight PMC495 to Frangipani'

Latest posts

Back