DF putting her foot down

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a laugh someone has left a review on Amazon for her book calling it Utter Shite.

Wow! Well that was quite a read. Oh Julius, I'm a fan too! And yes, DF can do what she likes 'cos I switch her off!

Interesting...I have just read the one star Amazon reviews for When the Fat Lady Slims. Someone called Karen says she has worked out that all the glowing 5 star reviews are written by her social media fan club, without reading the book. We would never have guessed.

And she says that if you look at DF on QVC you will see that she is not slim at all. Ooooooooh!

Interesting...I have just read the one star Amazon reviews for When the Fat Lady Slims. Someone called Karen says she has worked out that all the glowing 5 star reviews are written by her social media fan club, without reading the book. We would never have guessed.

And she says that if you look at DF on QVC you will see that she is not slim at all. Ooooooooh!

Did you then read the 4 comments after Karen's review - God her groupies are totally brainwashed

Just had a look, is that the one that says she's not qualified just a shopping presenter? Its actually true that though, DF doesn't even look any slimmer, so the fat lady most definitely ain't stopped singing.

I am always suspicious when Amazon reviews are marked "helpful" by 4 out of 4 people and all they say is "Great book". How can that be helpful to the prospective buyer?

Even worse is that fact some troll from Q Fb named EB has posted several reviews of Df's book , All 5 Star and they say "I haven't read it yet , but i assume it will be good" Wtf!! how is that helpful!!

Even worse is that fact some troll from Q Fb named EB has posted several reviews of Df's book , All 5 Star and they say "I haven't read it yet , but i assume it will be good" Wtf!! how is that helpful!!

That's absolutely ridiculous! That's why I don't go on fb because of idiotic people like that, I totally agree, she's only giving five stars to bump the average score up, it shoudn't be allowed, hopefully though people will see right through her idiotic game.

When I see that, I just tick the "unhelpful" button under the review ... because that is the very definition of unhelpful. At least it redresses the balance a bit so it's not "4 out of 4 people found this review helpful".

What I don't understand is the attitude of QVC's American bosses. That is, if they know about her writings. Americans are very Puritanical and Bible-bashing. I remember about 15 years ago when I first started watching some of the presenters saying they were not allowed to make suggestive remarks. They always had to check themselves immediately they caught themselves about to have a giggle about something that would have been funny in a smutty way over here, but would have brought down the wrath of Head Office over in USA.
Now, have the bosses over there ever read any of DF's purple passages......?

What I don't understand is the attitude of QVC's American bosses. That is, if they know about her writings. Americans are very Puritanical and Bible-bashing. I remember about 15 years ago when I first started watching some of the presenters saying they were not allowed to make suggestive remarks. They always had to check themselves immediately they caught themselves about to have a giggle about something that would have been funny in a smutty way over here, but would have brought down the wrath of Head Office over in USA.
Now, have the bosses over there ever read any of DF's purple passages......?

Yes, that's very true. As in you can give children guns in America but can't show them a pair of nipples.

They check you out of FB to see if your face fits for the BTY Group - you won't get in if you've ever posted anything bad about QVC on QVC's page or in other Groups. They don't like non-believers.

Clearly DF and her best mate SH have been reading this , i hope they realise how much people despise the pair of them , Thankfully this thread shows how great ST members are and how they stick up for what they believe.

This thread has taken many twists and turns and I think a psychiatrist would have a great time analysing the subject matter.
Here`s a section from an explanation of narcissism and DF seriously shows many traits. Joking apart, I think she really does need help.

Four dimensions of narcissism as a personality variable have been delineated: leadership/authority, superiority/arrogance, self-absorption/self-admiration, and exploitativeness/entitlement.[6]

A 2012 book on power-hungry narcissists suggests that narcissists typically display most, and sometimes all, of the following traits:[7]

An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges
Problems in sustaining satisfying relationships
A lack of psychological awareness (see insight in psychology and psychiatry, egosyntonic)
Difficulty with empathy
Problems distinguishing the self from others (see narcissism and boundaries)
Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)
Vulnerability to shame rather than guilt
Haughty body language
Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply)
Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)
Using other people without considering the cost of doing so
Pretending to be more important than they really are
Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements
Claiming to be an "expert" at many things
Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people
Denial of remorse and gratitude
These criteria have been criticized because they presume a knowledge of intention (for example, the phrase "pretending to be")[8] Classification of behavior is observable, but intention is not and thus requires assumptions which need to be tested before they can be asserted as fact, especially considering multiple explanations could be made as to why a person exhibits these behaviors.

§Hotchkiss' seven deadly sins of narcissism[edit]
Hotchkiss identified what she called the seven deadly sins of narcissism:[9]

Shamelessness: Shame is the feeling that lurks beneath all unhealthy narcissism, and the inability to process shame in healthy ways.
Magical thinking: Narcissists see themselves as perfect, using distortion and illusion known as magical thinking. They also use projection to dump shame onto others.
Arrogance: A narcissist who is feeling deflated may reinflate by diminishing, debasing, or degrading somebody else.
Envy: A narcissist may secure a sense of superiority in the face of another person's ability by using contempt to minimize the other person.
Entitlement: Narcissists hold unreasonable expectations of particularly favorable treatment and automatic compliance because they consider themselves special. Failure to comply is considered an attack on their superiority, and the perpetrator is considered an "awkward" or "difficult" person. Defiance of their will is a narcissistic injury that can trigger narcissistic rage.
Exploitation: Can take many forms but always involves the exploitation of others without regard for their feelings or interests. Often the other is in a subservient position where resistance would be difficult or even impossible. Sometimes the subservience is not so much real as assumed.
Bad boundaries: Narcissists do not recognize that they have boundaries and that others are separate and are not extensions of themselves. Others either exist to meet their needs or may as well not exist at all. Those who provide narcissistic supply to the narcissist are treated as if they are part of the narcissist and are expected to live up to those expectations. In the mind of a narcissist, there is no boundary between self and other.

Many thanks Vienna, for what must be one of the most scientific and thorough replies to any debate on this forum.

On another tack, I noticed that all her novels are co-authored, i.e. written by someone else as well as her. And yet she claims the credit. Does this also fit in with the narcissistic profile?

Many thanks Vienna, for what must be one of the most scientific and thorough replies to any debate on this forum.

On another tack, I noticed that all her novels are co-authored, i.e. written by someone else as well as her. And yet she claims the credit. Does this also fit in with the narcissistic profile?

Yes. If it's good she takes credit. If it's not it's the co-writers work. Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back