CH - here we go again........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry if I appear to be nit picking I didn't intend to, I was just giving it a different perspective.

I have no intention of listing the retailers who ever doled out a credit note to me in the past. Unless you are suggesting that I am a liar as well you will have to take my word for it that, much to my annoyance, I have been the ungrateful recipient of store credit from numerous retailers over the years. They are the same ones who produce those signs by the tills that spell out their policy on refunds or exchanges on sale items, with or without a receipt, statutory rights not affected. I tend to avoid shops who are funny about refunds, but I do accept that many retailers will give a full refund on sale items with tags on, and with receipt. Time frame varies though.

Sorry, I don't condone presenters misleading customers but I have this image of Catherine Huntly calmly making a point, then thinking after she has spoken and trying to clarify what she probably meant to say in the first place. Then picture the viewers jumping off the sofa bellowing LIAR LIAR at the telly. A bit if an over reaction IMO, a bit like shouting UGLY at JF ot HARLOT at ......... better end it there!

Many stores will refund goods within 28 days ( I once returned a nightdress after 5 weeks to M&S , as it was a present for someone and it did not fit...they took it back with no fuss). It is just like Distance Selling Policy but with more time. The only advantage is that we do not have to send emails or phone them etc. I agree that we cannot wear them outside or wash them and take them back or wear them for 30 days and say you changed your mind..........but you can take items back if you had worn them out or washed them and a fault developed....just have the proof that you actually purchased them from them. I am sure there may be the odd shop that might debate a bit, but a faulty item in 99% time is taken back, if you would only take it back.
Many of us do not take them back, that is not their problem, is it?
So we must not say that shops on the high street will not take things back.

I have been in shops that post a note on the till that says no refunds given, these seem to be the ones that set up in the blink of an eye and then close down just as quick, I just walk straight out they are not getting my custom. A lot of what they sell is just tat anyway. :cheeky:

I might be completely wrong but I thought it was a legal obligation to give refunds, even on sales goods. I have never been refused a refund except for one time I forgot to return something and took it back after about 4 months, then I got a credit note which is probably more than QVC would give. Agreed the use and return thing is very rare unless the item is faulty - I believe I have seen one or two others often that on certain products over the years but must admit can't remember who. But any customer of QVC already has to pay through the nose in p and p and often in price for that benefit.

I used to think CH was ok, she is still not the worse to watch for me but she has overdone the nice but dim thing.

There is no legal obligation for a shop to give a refund if the customer changes their mind only if the goods are faulty. It is up to the Store to decide if they wish to refund as a gesture of goodwill.

Never in all my days have I been refused a refund with a receipt. If I've lost the receipt I've always been given a credit note with no quibble. The woman talks tripe and I feel she would sell her soul for a paltry sale.

It really depends where you shop. Most of the major retailers will give a refund but smaller independant shops seldom do in my experience unless the goods are faulty. They will usually just exchange them.

SH is unbearable imo. Any time I've seen her (and that's not often because I switch her off asap!) she's making outrageous claims and lying through her teeth. She really shouldn't be on Q as the channel loses credibility due to her untruths. Dreadful woman.

She is not one of my fave presenters, although I could name many who are a lot worse (incl. 'I hear the emerald isle' calling). I initially found her so grating when she never shut up about 'Steve' and her relationship. This, as we are all aaware, came back and bit her on the behind, because it went south, now we hear of no mention of a man (thank God!) But she never shuts up about her family - why is is that some of the presenters think we are remotely interested in their private lives? They are mere salespeople whose place of work just happens to be the tv - and what she has got. She is always telling us how many Lulu Guinness bags she has. That is, in my opinion,an extremely frivolous waste of money for an overpriced 'designer' accessory. Buying yourself one as a treat, something you normally wouldn't spend your money on (I wouldn't do it once!), could be acceptable, especially if you only have yourself to support. But 3, 4, or 5? Get real, woman! You may have nothing better to spend your hard earned on, but I'm sure the rest of us do.

She is not one of my fave presenters, although I could name many who are a lot worse (incl. 'I hear the emerald isle' calling). I initially found her so grating when she never shut up about 'Steve' and her relationship. This, as we are all aaware, came back and bit her on the behind, because it went south, now we hear of no mention of a man (thank God!) But she never shuts up about her family - why is is that some of the presenters think we are remotely interested in their private lives? They are mere salespeople whose place of work just happens to be the tv - and what she has got. She is always telling us how many Lulu Guinness bags she has. That is, in my opinion,an extremely frivolous waste of money for an overpriced 'designer' accessory. Buying yourself one as a treat, something you normally wouldn't spend your money on (I wouldn't do it once!), could be acceptable, especially if you only have yourself to support. But 3, 4, or 5? Get real, woman! You may have nothing better to spend your hard earned on, but I'm sure the rest of us do.[/QUOTE]

Then spend it on what you want and stop dictating to others what to spend theirs on :) What does "nothing better" mean anyway?! Are you implying that because she is single that she has "nothing better" to spend on? I really don't understand what you are getting at here.

I have a few LG bags but I wouldn't dream of spending my hard-earned cash on bingo or alcohol or fags or even holidays for that matter. My money is spent on my home firstly then myself secondly. Can't see a problem with that personally, as it's my money my choice.

Latest posts

Back