Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh dear, fancy having Lulu popping up several times a week for a whole month....it makes you want to shout....Go away.....LOL

Oh dear, fancy having Lulu popping up several times a week for a whole month....it makes you want to shout....Go away.....LOL

You know you make me wanna SWITCH-OFF yeah yeah yeah :mysmilie_11:

Worst will be the fawning presenters on with her. Blummin sleb culture...

Time Bomb Pick of the Month

I have tried the neck cream from this range but didn't re-order, not that impressed.This Collagen product is set to transform those of us with aged skins ( where have I heard that before!!?) Anyone tried this?It is just that it is 'fronted' by Lulu as if she is a skincare expert & Please with someone like Sara G. lifting her to Sainthood 'Lulu brought this range for the salvation (my word) of us women'--what a sacrifice!More like a money spinning business venture.Just me being cynical but do they think we are daft?If you say this is truly the 'Holy grail' of skincare I will put my principles to one side & order!!

Haven't tried the neck cream ,I tend to use whatever my moisturiser is all over.

I impulsively bought a TSV a year ago and found the day and night cream did not moisturise my skin which is mature.I am younger than Lulu by a few years so according to her this should be ideal for me .My experience was it made my skin feel dry and put me off the brand for good.No plumping or dewy complexion .Lulus favourite words.

Yesterday Lulu had a show and I thought she looked very well and with plump cheeks and I cannot believe her products give that look. I realise she has good bone structure but hmmmmm I'm not convinced.

I tried her eye and face moisturisers a while back and was very unimpressed. They seemed to sit on my oily skin like barrier creams.

Also had her cleanser with the wee particles in it. Too rough for my skin on a daily basis.

I have just assumed that her range is not designed for my oily aging skin, and ended up using the face moisturiser as a hand cream - yes, it was that rich.

It isn't her company though is it? I thought she just fronted the shows on Q. Wasn't there a thread all about this some time ago? I think it is a bit rich them calling it Lulu's TB if it is in fact someone else's product. Is it part of the John Frieda empire?

I tried a sample of Lulu's Time Bomb Day Cream and the texture was horrid :-( It was really sticky!! Mind you I am a massive fan of Elemis PCMC so have probably been spoilt day cream wise!! And I am not convinced Lulu's looks are down to "her" products :mysmilie_11:

I've not tried any of the timebomb range. It's a Federici company brand... it had Lulu in front of time bomb for a while when it launched but not since. Gail Federici heads up the company and Lulu's ex, John Frieda is also involved.

Personally I've tried the hair care products and like them a lot. That's branded as operation glam, rather than timebomb, but comes under the same umbrella. I've tried the handcream, and it's really nice and if you like real lavender scent, you may well love this product. For the face, though, I've not been tempted. I don't believe for one minute that Lulu's looks are purely down to this range, whether she uses it or not. Some of it could be lucking out in the genetic lottery, and some of it could be due to other factors such as diet and exercise, and maybe other interventions. As Lulu's sister, who also sometimes guests on the shows as one of the models, looks good - I'm inclined to think that the Lawrie sisters have good genes on their sides.

I tried Time Bomb once on a TSV and sent it back as it was no great shakes. Lulu does not look like she does by using these products - she's clearly had a face lift. Her mouth is all stretched out. There's nothing wrong with having a face lift, neck lift or any other lift, but the implications that these products turn back time is wrong IMO.

CC

Personally I've tried the hair care products and like them a lot. That's branded as operation glam, rather than timebomb, but comes under the same umbrella.
I loved the hairspray but it has been discontinued sadly. Has anyone found a good alternative?

I loved the hairspray but it has been discontinued sadly. Has anyone found a good alternative?

I'm not sure - it's still listed on timebomb.co.uk, but unfortunately out of stock... perhaps the sister brand - Color Wow - hairspray might be a good replacement if the Operation Glam one doesn't come back into stock?

I find it really annoying when you find the perfect products and they go and get discontinued. I struggle with hair mousse. I want soft silky hair even with a mousse in - there used to be a lovely Kerastase one in their range for ageing hair. Then some genius decided that they just needed a styling range, and canned all the mousses, etc in each of the targeted haircare systems they did. The styling range was, in my opinion, a disaster... not a single usable product, unless you like hard, sticky, dulling hair products :mysmilie_10::mysmilie_10::mysmilie_10: how very rude of them!

Last edited:
It's been out of stock a couple of years now I think. I had a subscription on Amazon and it was cancelled. I have tried John Freida but it's nothing like Lulu. I shall next try Colour Wow, thank you May. I didn't know they had a spray but I wasn't blown away by their hero product for covering the hair roots.
Edit: BTW,the best hair spray ever imo is Michael de Cesare sadly no longer available and when I got it from eBay (shipped from the States) it was a counterfeit and the seller soon disappeared, so I'm no longer confident getting it off eBay and have not repurchased since.

I really like some of the products like the night ceam and face oil but I got the Collagen bomb in a TSV a few years ago and it was empty of product so back it went.

I really like some of the products like the night ceam and face oil but I got the Collagen bomb in a TSV a few years ago and it was empty of product so back it went.

I remember people were saying this at the time.

It's been out of stock a couple of years now I think. I had a subscription on Amazon and it was cancelled. I have tried John Freida but it's nothing like Lulu. I shall next try Colour Wow, thank you May. I didn't know they had a spray but I wasn't blown away by their hero product for covering the hair roots.

Here is the link to their website.

I've not tried the hair spray, but I've just got their Raise the Root thicken + lift spray, and there are other products including a blowdry spray and a hairspray. If you can't find a stockist near you (I bought mine in Fenwicks in Brent Cross, London) you can buy off the website... and I'm sure if you search there are likely to be other websites selling the range. Good luck!

I find it really annoying when you find the perfect products and they go and get discontinued. I struggle with hair mousse. I want soft silky hair even with a mousse in - there used to be a lovely Kerastase one in their range for ageing hair. Then some genius decided that they just needed a styling range, and canned all the mousses, etc in each of the targeted haircare systems they did. The styling range was, in my opinion, a disaster...!
Discontinued products!!! The bane of my life (well one of the many!). Dior Dior, my all time favourite perfume, discontinued. Diorella, the reluctantly chosen replacement, discontinued. Bah humbug!!!!!

I don't know what it is about hair mousse but it just makes my hair go into oil slick mode.

Latest posts

Back