Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is Lulu okay? I saw her flogging the collagen stuff on QVC Beauty and she seemed a bit distant and forgetful. Did anyone else notice this?

Discontinued products!!! The bane of my life (well one of the many!). Dior Dior, my all time favourite perfume, discontinued. Diorella, the reluctantly chosen replacement, discontinued. Bah humbug!!!!!

I don't know what it is about hair mousse but it just makes my hair go into oil slick mode.

All Beauty, Amazon and Escentual have Diorella in stock but it`s cheapest at All Beauty £68 but its a 100 ml bottle. It`s one of my faves too.

Diorella is discontinued? B***er. They did the same with the original Addict Eau Fraiche too, and the 'new' one is awful.... ah well, Liz Earle No 1 is a bit Diorella-esque for now.

Novembers is

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/in-store-for-november-beauty-day/

Quote from the blog " and it’s one we’re super-excited about! Benefit bring us not one but both of their amazing mascaras – They’re Real and Roller Lash. It’s a great chance to try them both, use one for a day look and one for an evening look or you could also give to friends. Our favourite trick is to use both to achieve a high-impact look. Start with Roller Lash to get the length and curl, then finish off with They’re Real for a volumised, high-pigment, dramatic lash look.

It’s also available on an Auto Delivery option, so if you opt in you’ll receive the same great duo again in 90 days!"

single drop is below

Benefit 2 Piece Mascara Must Haves
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.209566

I want to find a tubing mascara to try. I have really dry eyes, dark circles, and invariably end up with my mascara in nasty deposits to emphasise the dark circles. I don't want fibres which would only either get in my eyes and irritate them, or join the dark circles to make them even darker.

I've tried They're Real and it was one of the worst for the under eye depositing. I mentioned this to the sales assistant to be met with total disbelief.

The only one of QVC's mascaras that really intrigues me is the Code VLM one. I've looked for it on the high street and haven't found somewhere I can ask for a sample to try.

I want to find a tubing mascara to try. I have really dry eyes, dark circles, and invariably end up with my mascara in nasty deposits to emphasise the dark circles. I don't want fibres which would only either get in my eyes and irritate them, or join the dark circles to make them even darker.

I've tried They're Real and it was one of the worst for the under eye depositing. I mentioned this to the sales assistant to be met with total disbelief.

The only one of QVC's mascaras that really intrigues me is the Code VLM one. I've looked for it on the high street and haven't found somewhere I can ask for a sample to try.

Try one of the Eyeko ones, MML. If you still have the They're Real, you could do a test run with a coat of Eyeko over it. I tried a tubing mascara over Rollerlash and it stopped the deposits and smearing.

I've also bought Deja Vu Fiberwig from eBay that came from Hong Kong at half the price Urban Retreat sell it for. The brush takes some getting used to, but it's excellent for staying power then ease of removal. DHC is much the same, but the tiny brush is fab for lower lashes.

Does this mean we are going to have that awful Benefit presenter popping up on the screen all the time.
Orange nails
top hats
'Go Vertical'

Just asking to be strangled.
And it always bothers me that someone so obviously lacking in any colour sense or personal taste is onscreen telling me what I should be looking like.

Scary stuff.

As it's Benefit I've absolutely no interest, they'll never see another penny from me. I do wish they'd do a pick of the month I'd actually be interested in, I don't think there's been one since the first ever one.

I need similar to you but for different reasons. I'm a contact lens wearer so bits and fibres are a no go and I can't bear the smudgy look you can get with some mascaras. My absolutely top mascara is Max Factor 2000 calorie. Once its on it'll take a make up remover to budge it. It never flakes and no bits fall in my eyes. And hand on heart I've worn it for 15 years or more. Think its about £8 these days so won't break the bank to give it a try. Comes in black and brown and possibly navy.

Does this mean we are going to have that awful Benefit presenter popping up on the screen all the time.
Orange nails
top hats
'Go Vertical'

Just asking to be strangled.
And it always bothers me that someone so obviously lacking in any colour sense or personal taste is onscreen telling me what I should be looking like.

Scary stuff.

I know what you mean...but imo She has got to be better than a month of Lulu.

I like the idea of BPOTM being on AD.
I know people like their mascaras and I got the Roller one in a magazine and wasn’t impressed.
My favourites are: 1st place – Revitalash, 2nd place – Laura Geller and I also really liked the Bare Minerals ‘Definition’ duo.

If by tubing, you mean it builds a tube around the lash, then i have been very impressed by Boots no 7, Stay Perfect mascara. I only bought it because it came in brown, and i dislike black, but have been putting up with black because Mally's is so good in other ways.

I only bought it a couple of months ago because we went away for weekend and i forgot my mascara. But i haven't used anything else since.

It stays put perfectly, applies really well, and if used with a good makeup remover, it slides off effortlessly in tiny little tubes.

Thank you all for the mascara suggestions... I shall investigate these further! :mysmilie_59:

The max factor 2000 calorie mascara on their UK website looks to be waterproof... I don't do waterproof as it's too painful to remove it. I invariably end up with bruised eyelids, even if I'm careful. On their international website I can see one in a more traditional looking tube in the three colours...

I think I'll kick off with the Boots one as it will be the easiest to get my hands on.

The original tubing mascara and many still say the best is Blink. It comes off with warm water no remover needed.

Ah, Blinc(k?). I remember it fondly. I used to have to get mine from the US as we couldn't get it over here. I gave up several years ago - just as it launched over here! It was a great mascara for someone like me that found her mascara migrating or irritating, but I must admit I didn't miss it too much as it had no real oomph unless layered over primer (which I got fed up with doing).

The Eyeko big brush one does actually give a bit of oomph without the faff of primer, the little brush is good on lower lashes. The DJV and DHC are similar, but harder to get hold of. I've not tried the No7 version (yet).

Have you tried any, Donna? Or are you lucky enough to not have issues that you can use "normal" mascaras? I'm always on the hunt for something bigger/better/different. Drives OH mad!

possible for december

bareMinerals Deluxe Mineral Veil Matte Glow
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.208471

This clever powder aims to amplify skin tone by taking away dullness, absorbing oil and adding a soft-focus, airbrushed look. Bringing light to your complexion, this non-shimmery bareMinerals powder adds a boost of fresh peach tone to your complexion.

Contains:

1 x Deluxe Mineral Veil Matte Glow (24g)

How to use:

Use alone or over foundation
Sweep across the skin using a powder brush, there's no need to be precise, it's all about adding the glow

Latest posts

Back