Beauty bash 2016

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes I found this at some stands. There was a definite difference in stands that seemed to be manned by brand only people and stands manned by people hired for the day. I noticed a lot of staff checking phones at every opportunity when customers about which definitely isn't high standard customer care! I agree at the end I had been told by the elemis ladies to check back at 5.30 for slots for facials etc as they might have time at the end owing to no shows. I did this but sadly all I heard was the therapists saying "can we go home early?" And being told yes, as I was stood there politely asking if there was any space. I understand there is no guarantee of a treatment and it's a long day but I thought that was unprofessional.

Ok that's the whinging done! That is really me being picky as I had a great time. The loccitane girls were lovely, Leigh from tarte and her team were great, Molton brown converted me, and the best for me was ?adele from SBC. I've never bought anything from the range but will definitely be trying it. Ooh Philip Kingsley ladies were great too! How you represent the brand on a day like this is sooooo important!! It can really make or break whether someone buys from you. One big name guest who I won't name was really rude to me and this really shocked me, so much so that I'll probably only buy the tsvs from that brand now. I haven't touched my swag bag yet, I just keep gazing at it adoringly!

Pleeease name the rude guest? By PM if you prefer, I'm so curious as to who it is!

I can well believe that it's hard to keep a smiling and friendly demeanour if it's not your usual way of behaving. Having worked at events both as an employee and as agency staff, I can vouch for that. At the beginning of the week/beginning of the day you have no problem smiling and being friendly - but as your feet begin to hurt and it travels up your body, it gets harder and harder. Still, I would be rather surprised if someone like Keely, who as well as being the main face of Elemis at QVC owns her own salons in UK and Cyprus, was the one to be rude.

Thanks for all the info and pictures. can anyone tell me how much the Feb Elemis TSV costs.

is it the done thing to name and shame?! Do QVC not ban you or something?! I would feel mean on one hand but on the other it does feel disingenuous to viewers if people are rude to customers in real life. I will say it was towards the end of the day; however I did try to appease the rudeness and smiled and said "I understand it's the end of a long day" but sadly I was snapped at further and walked past and left standing there like a lemon on my own! I finally walked off away from the stand In shock after feeling like a total prat and said person was round the corner laughing and joking with presenters! It was like they say - don't meet your heroes. Not that she's a hero but I certainly admired her. I had a wonderful experience with many other presenters and guests so thankfully I don't think it was me!!

Also can I say - like the other person said, I watch from afar and was totally impressed by Alison young. I didn't queue to speak to her but from the moment I got there til the very end she had a queue of people waiting, was smiling, friendly etc. A true pro!

The elemis tsv was around the £58 mark for April and July but not sure about Feb sorry.

Ooh I can see these forums are addictive! X

is it the done thing to name and shame?! Do QVC not ban you or something?! I would feel mean on one hand but on the other it does feel disingenuous to viewers if people are rude to customers in real life. I will say it was towards the end of the day; however I did try to appease the rudeness and smiled and said "I understand it's the end of a long day" but sadly I was snapped at further and walked past and left standing there like a lemon on my own! I finally walked off away from the stand In shock after feeling like a total prat and said person was round the corner laughing and joking with presenters! It was like they say - don't meet your heroes. Not that she's a hero but I certainly admired her. I had a wonderful experience with many other presenters and guests so thankfully I don't think it was me!!

Also can I say - like the other person said, I watch from afar and was totally impressed by Alison young. I didn't queue to speak to her but from the moment I got there til the very end she had a queue of people waiting, was smiling, friendly etc. A true pro!

The elemis tsv was around the £58 mark for April and July but not sure about Feb sorry.

Ooh I can see these forums are addictive! X

Sorry the person was so horrid to you, how nasty of them! Unbelievable given they're there to make a good impression... Wtf. Can/will you say what exactly was said? I don't think it's mean at all to make it known that they were so unpleasant to you, it's on them for being so in the first place.

For a moment I thought that it may have been Fiona. Last year I went and her counter was extremely busy, all treatments booked and she looked stressed as about twenty people were queuing up to speak to her.

What disgusting behaviour, Toffeegirl! The beauty business only works as a business when there are customers.... how utterly crass and stupid to alienate a customer.

Just give us the iniitials if you are worried Toffee, Qvc can't ban you from this site you are allowed free speech here.

Just give us the iniitials if you are worried Toffee, Qvc can't ban you from this site you are allowed free speech here.

That's just one of the good things about here. If they are rude to customers they don't deserve the custom. Can't vote with our feet if we don't know, might guess a perfectly innocent party.

Ok everyone please don't troll me if I say... I accept the argument that I've probably caused speculation now which is unfair. I appreciate it is only my perception of the situation and I'm sure it was the end of a very busy day. However I work with the public and firmly believe that when you are on the shop floor so to speak then it's lights camera action no matter how you feel inside. Sadly it was keeley. It's not so much what she said but how she said it, if you get me. I got the distinct impression she had enough and she made it quite clear she wasn't going to talk to me. She could've said, give me 5 minutes and I'd love to chat but I need a quick break or something, or got a colleague to come over in her place. After waiting all day I know she was busy but there are better ways to provide customer care, even when you are stressed. At the end of the day, I had a wonderful time and I wouldn't let it taint the day but with so many great brands with lovely ambassadors it made me think again about giving elemis all my £££!

I'm glad you can still see the positives of the day. I don't think there's any explanation or defence. If anyone was feeling so out of sorts that they couldn't be civil, they should have taken a break to get themselves together, despite any pressure they might be under to be "on show". Better that than being rude. You only get one chance to make a first mpression on someone, so it better be a good one.

Last edited:
Yes I didn't expect it either, I was crestfallen actually. A friend was with me and I'd been saying ooh I can't wait to meet her (friend is not a QVC viewer so was telling her about the brands) so I was a bit embarrassed that i had bigged her up only for that response

like you said alison young knows how to be civil. she works jolly hard at the beauty bash. dont buy elemis brings me out in boils.

Yes I didn't expect it either, I was crestfallen actually. A friend was with me and I'd been saying ooh I can't wait to meet her (friend is not a QVC viewer so was telling her about the brands) so I was a bit embarrassed that i had bigged her up only for that response

Aww, what a shame! I am a little surprised as Keeley does seem lovely, but then again what do we know about any guests/presenters/models really. Of course they're going to be nice on telly, they'd be stupid not to. Everyone gets frazzled during long days, maybe aren't at their absolute best when having so many people want to talk to them etc, but that's not a reason to be rude, at all. It's not quite the same but I used to work in a well known chain department store and would have been annihilated if I'd snapped at a customer. We sometimes got actual screaming abuse from customers and just had to stand there and take it, you can't respond with anything but niceness and trying to help. It doesn't matter how you're feeling or what's happening, you've just got to be polite and professional and then moan about it later. Yes customers/clients/whatever are sometimes totally unreasonable and horrid, but if shop staff can maintain professionalism at all times I don't see why someone in Keeley's privileged position can't do so.

like you said alison young knows how to be civil. she works jolly hard at the beauty bash. dont buy elemis brings me out in boils.

She really does, bless her heart. I know she has her critics but she makes such an effort to talk to/advise anyone who wants it at BB, and is charming and funny while doing so.

Latest posts

Back