Beauty bash 2016

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes I didn't expect it either, I was crestfallen actually. A friend was with me and I'd been saying ooh I can't wait to meet her (friend is not a QVC viewer so was telling her about the brands) so I was a bit embarrassed that i had bigged her up only for that response

How mortifying :sad: So that's two people who at one go had a bad experience... and in RL there will be your friend's friends as well as your own friends... silly and short-sighted to be horrible for a moment's venting of any frustration after a long day. And so unprofessional too. They always say politeness costs nothing!

To say nothing of all the people around you at the time who will have noticed the unpleasantness...

thats why i wont go to any more bb. its all fake and fraud. they all think they are a cut above their admiring customers. rather spend my £20 and have a lobster lunch at harrods on the terrace. and the staff treat you like a princess. lovely lovely service

thats why i wont go to any more bb. its all fake and fraud. they all think they are a cut above their admiring customers. rather spend my £20 and have a lobster lunch at harrods on the terrace. and the staff treat you like a princess. lovely lovely service

Yum!

Actually, the year I went with a friend, we had lunch afterwards at a Davy's near St Pauls, and the lovely waiter we had told us about a great place to get superb views just across from them. That was very special service on a lovely day. The views really were excellent, too.

It really takes very little to make someone feel special. You don't have to give out samples or freebies, but just make them feel like they're the most important person for the time you're talking to them. Alison Young excels at that, honestly. She's got queues, but you never feel rushed, or that she's already thinking of the next customer waiting for her time. It doesn't matter if you're talking about your skin, beauty products, dogs, horses, snowboarding or whatever. I give her top marks, because she focuses on you. However much she makes fun of or banters with the guests on screen, that isn't how you get treated in the flesh.

i know alison young gets a bashing on here but i have always had a gut feeling that shes a good egg. not perfect no-one is. i have spoken to her and she is ok. a great sense of humour and like you say patient. i like her.

I am sorry Toffegirlie you have left the BB with a negative image.I have in years past been to major Fashion and Textile Fairs both on stands and as a visitor.These go on for days but are so important in taking orders and networking.At all times no matter how you feel you have to be professional.There is no excuse to send someone away feeling as you did.I am surprised I once met Keeley at a JL event and she was lovely.The same with Alison ( and I am a 'fan' !) I met her in Laura Geller's studio in NY & she was so friendly & chatty.How we come away with an impression of someone in a second/minute. Keeley is representing Elemis & she may have lost business.

No, there's no excuse. If she was tired she could have taken a break but even tiredness doesn't bring out rudeness in nice people.
It's only one day. On TV it's only an hour at a time. One full day a year seems very little to expect courtesy till the very last person. It may be her hundredth time to talk about the brand that day but it's the customer's one opportunity & it reflects badly.

the problem is with the beauty bash the sales staff get stardust in thier eyes because they are on tv. some dont but most do. i wont be admiring any of them so its best i just dont go.

Ok everyone please don't troll me if I say... I accept the argument that I've probably caused speculation now which is unfair. I appreciate it is only my perception of the situation and I'm sure it was the end of a very busy day. However I work with the public and firmly believe that when you are on the shop floor so to speak then it's lights camera action no matter how you feel inside. Sadly it was keeley. It's not so much what she said but how she said it, if you get me. I got the distinct impression she had enough and she made it quite clear she wasn't going to talk to me. She could've said, give me 5 minutes and I'd love to chat but I need a quick break or something, or got a colleague to come over in her place. After waiting all day I know she was busy but there are better ways to provide customer care, even when you are stressed. At the end of the day, I had a wonderful time and I wouldn't let it taint the day but with so many great brands with lovely ambassadors it made me think again about giving elemis all my £££!

I knew it! I get the impression she's like that. Years ago she angrily turned to one of the models who'd been asked a question and said in an angry tone "yes ok, we get it" with no hint of a smile, just short, sharp comment, so I've got to say I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Last edited:
I knew it! I get the impression she's like that. Years ago she angrily turned to one of the models who'd been asked a question and said in an angry tone "yes ok, we get it" with no hint of a smile, just short, sharp comment, so I've got to say I'm not surprised in the slightest.

jumped up madam. she can barely string a sentence together.

No matter how long the day may have felt, it's only a couple of days out of a year she can meet and impress customers and potential customers who watch QVC and spend their hard earned cash on Elemis and the other products that were represented there, I am sure she would not risk doing that with her clients back in sunny Cyprus

if it were not for the millions of viewers/ customers spending thier hard earned on beauty keely, fiona and any other rude vendors would not be enjoying thier so called status.

It's a shame you felt like that. I didn't speak to Keeley, however I planned to go to the elemis stand as that's what Alison recommended I use for my skin complaints but I ran out of time.. I'm kind of glad I didn't go now! I found AY was really lovely, there was a huge queue to speak to her and whilst I tried to rush so as to not take up too much time, she encouraged me to stay and chat a little longer, I didn't feel pressured to hurry up at all. A really lovely lady!

Sometimes Keeley is told on air by a presenter to pay more attention to presenting products (sometimes Keeley would laugh a lot and not give meaningful information about a product).

Sometimes Keeley is told on air by a presenter to pay more attention to presenting products (sometimes Keeley would laugh a lot and not give meaningful information about a product).

when shes on with chloe all hell lets loose. quite funny sometimes

Don`t you just wish she had been so nasty and ill mannered to an observer for Elemis ... that would have served her right and put her in her place ...I think they all forget they are just sales people at the end of the day and the customer is always right ...no matter what.....

Yum!

Actually, the year I went with a friend, we had lunch afterwards at a Davy's near St Pauls, and the lovely waiter we had told us about a great place to get superb views just across from them. That was very special service on a lovely day. The views really were excellent, too.

It really takes very little to make someone feel special. You don't have to give out samples or freebies, but just make them feel like they're the most important person for the time you're talking to them. Alison Young excels at that, honestly. She's got queues, but you never feel rushed, or that she's already thinking of the next customer waiting for her time. It doesn't matter if you're talking about your skin, beauty products, dogs, horses, snowboarding or whatever. I give her top marks, because she focuses on you. However much she makes fun of or banters with the guests on screen, that isn't how you get treated in the flesh.

Totally agree. There was a lady trying to hurry everyone up when we were queueing to talk to Alison but she herself was totally laid back and not in a rush, happy to talk about anything to anyone and very welcoming. My partner had a chat with her about farming stuff (he comes from a family of farmers) and then she gave me quite lengthy skincare advice, bless her.

jumped up madam. she can barely string a sentence together.

I've always been quite fond of Keeley before, but sentence construction really isn't her strong point. She's not what one would call a great orator. I mean you know, plenty of us aren't, but if it's your job to talk...

I have to say, the two times I have been to the Beauty Bash, I have always found the girls on the Elemis stand completely unwelcoming and a bit stuck up and unfriendly. I have not met Keely, but will agree with others that Alison Young is completely down to earth, friendly and hard working.

I do use Elemis it does not annoy my rosacea(some of it does but I know not to use those items), but go chat with the girls at my local Debenham's Elemis counter. Well to be honest we talk all sorts of stuff. :mysmilie_17: But they have said Elemis see Keeley as the golden goose, she shifts stuff on QVC by the shed load. The routines that Keeley recommends on QVC with 20 products twice a day, I remember saying to the manager and she just laughed. All you need is cleanse,tone,eye product serum and moisturise. You add other bits if you feel you need them but if not keep it simple.

At the end of the day Keeley like all the other brand reps are there to sell as much as possible. She may have finished her shift at the BB when Toffeegirl arrived, but a simple 5 minute friendly chat with her bet Toffeegirl would have left quite happy.

Latest posts

Back